Organic Insect Repellent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bud.uncle

Mutts Stuff

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn, and caldron bubble.

Having searched the net for home made Organic Insect Repellents I found many recipes, promising to help with various bug issues.

I however decided to follow Mutts recipes.

Ingredients

1) 3 Green hot Peppers
2) 3 Garlic Cloves
3) ¾ tsp liquid Soap
4) 3 Cups water

I began by chopping the Peppers and Garlic before adding them to the blender.
I then added 1 cup of water to this mix, blended again and poured into a container where I added 2 more cups of water and the liquid soap.

The mix was then poured into a suitable container; it is now resting for the recommended 24hrs, before I strain it in preparation for use on my plants.

Ingredients.jpg

Mutts_Stuff.jpg

Chopped1.jpg

Ready1.jpg

1_Cup_Added.jpg

Liquid_Soap.jpg

..great on pizza too!.. :p

Oh ok, it's for plants :doh: that pepper stuff really burns sensitive skin :rofl:

Hick said:
..great on pizza too!.. :p

I guess only if you want to blow bubbles....................:doh:

may wana leave out the soap :hubba:;)

i wouldnt like to spray this on buds....

unless i wanted a chilli taste :D

So

Ok Mutts Stuff has rested for 24hrs and is now ready to be strained.

Ready_to_Strain.jpg

1st_Strain.jpg

Last_Strain.jpg

Having strained the pepper n garlic mix three times, sieve, cloth and coffee filter. Its good to go. Time to go and try a test run on a selected limb. I wana make sure this is not going to burn my plants.

sick_Mel.jpg

No Adverse reactions were noted on my trial run............
Mel has been sprayed twice now.........
Today I plan to make some more of Mutts Stuff.......
and continue spraying as a precaution every couple to three days.

As a quick side note

I have also used this spray on my Brussels Sprouts.
Caterpillars certainly do not like this mix, x2 applications and they die pretty quick.
White flies also appear to have a strong dislike to it, as I move from 1 plant to another, the white flies seem reluctant to land on treated plants.

fantastic bud ,, i might have to make up a batch :hubba:have you noticed how slugs and snails reacted to it ?

melissa said:
fantastic bud ,, i might have to make up a batch :hubba:have you noticed how slugs and snails reacted to it ?

Hey mel,

while searching the net I did see that a home made Garlic mix was suggested as a Snail repellent.
I’m not sure but I think they may have simmered it for a while also.
If I find the time I may have a look see for you…..
It was also suggested that Garlic granules work well and are found to be more convenient to use.

use half water and half alchahol. i heard there are chemicals that are not water soluble.

Latest posts

Back