First Organic Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KFKOrganics

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to MP (waves). I was referred here by a friend of mine some of you may know DomsChron, and have found a treasure trove of knowledge and people willing to share it! Which is why I've decided to post my grow journal here.

For starters my room is 5'9" x 4' x 8'7", currently the room is wrapped floor to ceiling in a white plastic sheeting to help control odor and yet retain some reflectivity.
Intake duct drawing air from the attic with a 250cfm fan from home depot, outtake vents outside to the front of the house (2nd floor) also using a 250cfm fan. Just purchased our lights yesterday 1000w switchable Xtrasun(tm) ballast with air cooled reflector, using MH for veg and HPS for flower. Going to be using Foxfarms Ocean Forest, and Lightwarrior soil, and all foxfarms nutrients courtesy of DomsChron :woohoo:should hopefully have pics posted tomorrow, also should be ordering our seeds asap so I will keep you all posted on our choice of strain.

Thanks in advance for your support and I look foreward to growing (in more ways than one) with the MP community! :ciao:

Here are some pictures of our current setup, any advice/criticism is welcome and appreciated. :bongin:

Edit: the air cooled hood will be connected to the exhaust duct(seen behind it) with a T shaped connector, hopefully with the additional 250cfm fan thats now attached to the reflector the total exhaust is 500cfm, this should refresh my room with all three fans in less than 90 seconds.

DSCF0090.JPG

DSCF0091.JPG

DSCF0093.JPG

DSCF0094.JPG

DSCF0095.JPG

Mylar goes up tonight, also just bought my Foxfarm's Ocean Forest and Lightwarrior soil, tied the reflector fan into the exhaust system.

Without anything in the room except the fans and lighting it hovers around 88 degrees is that a bad temperature with the lights on or should I be ok? runs around 73 with the lights off.

let me know what you think. :)

*have to staple the plastic in the backround back up, had to take some down when installing the exhaust.

DSCF0096-1.jpg

88 seems a little warm but make sure you hook up those ducts to the air cooled reflector first and let the temperature settle WITHOUT the lights on first before taking your tests.

Also, If I were you since I know you have a little time on your hands until you get those seeds, I would do this 3-4 times and actually average the temps for on and off temps. This will help all of us to get a little better of an impression.

WELCOME TO MP AND REMEMBER THE MORE YOU KNOW THE BETTER YOU GROW. Lookin' forward to more updates and go organics!

Latest posts

Back