1st grow journal,4 x POWERPLANT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymonkey

Reaction score
hi
this is my 1st grow,not long bought all my setup,ive just put 4 plants in there which are all powerplant,cuttings straight from the mother,all checked & clean for spider mites etc..

ill be doing a full journal of the whole process,ive got a few people helping me out on this one,& he`s 100% sure to expect a big yield,over 600 grams from just 4 plants
ive already had a few saying that its not possible to get such a high amount for only 4 plants,but ive seen it with my own eyes,he just got about 650 grams off another crop with the exact same space im using

ill upload the 1st pictures tommorow,forgot to mention im doing HYDRO & not soil.

ill include all the equipment ive got & all the foods i will be using.

be back soon

all advise on the way will be very much apprceciated

thanks

hi
ive taken pictures & uploaded a few photos,there on 18/6 hours on a 600w HPS light,putting another 400w in when its time for flowering
temps at 79.5 degrees
hum is 29%

ive also taken a picture of the top of my tent,it shows where the hot air is coming out,just a little question ......ive got a window on the left side of the tent,should i leave the duct where it is (as its not to far from the window ) OR extend the ducting all the way to the window ??

hope a few are interested in this journal & give me some guidance on the way

all the best

30012010500.jpg

30012010502.jpg

30012010503.jpg

Looks good so far. How much light do yo have on those?

MAAANDUDE said:
Looks good so far. How much light do yo have on those?

ive got a 600W HPS light in it at the minute and ill add more lights when its time for flowering

thanks for the interest

``ive also taken a picture of the top of my tent,it shows where the hot air is coming out,just a little question ......ive got a window on the left side of the tent,should i leave the duct where it is (as its not to far from the window ) OR extend the ducting all the way to the window ??``

(sorry forgot to add picture for a solution from the question above)

30012010506.jpg

hi
im now in my 3rd week of veggie,all 4 plants look ok,the pictures 3 pictures i take all the time are a close up on the 2 front plants & the 3rd photo a shot of all of them.

ive been feeding them through 1 drip to each plant,but yesterday ive now got them on 2 drips each.

temperature 78 - 83 (can go down to 55 degrees when timer comes back on)
ph 5.9
humidity 30 - 40

for my feed im using a 50 litre tray
aqua vega A (20ml - 10L) so i use 100ml
aqua vaga B (20ml - 10L) so i use 100ml
rhizotonic (40ml - 10L) so i use 200ml (i only used this 2nd week on veggie to stimulate the roots)
cannazym (25ml - 10L) so i use 100ml (only been using this for 3 days,as i was getting alot of salt building up in the rockwool so i was told to use this,it seems to work so far)

just a couple of questions

1)im thinking of flowering them in the next 3 days,does anyone else have a different opinion ?
2) the plant on the left has some leaves which curl quite a bit on the end & some have yellow bits on the leaves ,can anyone tell me whats causing this ?
3)do my plants look healthy & are they grown right for its 3rd week off veggie

thanks all

plant 1 (bottom left).JPG

plant 2 (bottom right).JPG

all plants.JPG

Hey babymonkey :) Very nice clean setup you have there!

As far as your venting goes, I think it will depend mostly on if heat is an issue for you. Venting directly out the window can help with that for sure, as well as an air exchange for more Co2, but then you will also have the concern of the smell and the stealth of it. I didnt see if you have any scrubber for the smell or not.

The plants do look to be healthy as far as I can tell.
As far as when to put them into flower, I would consider your maximum grow height and go from there. I dont know how much stretch Powerplant will have, but you will probably want to allow for it to double or even triple in height from what it is. So if you have 3 feet of growing height area, maybe start flowering at 1 foot, unless you know how much the strain will stretch.

I am going to follow along on this grow, I have a feeling your going to have some nice fat buds before it's all over :)

warfish said:
Hey babymonkey :) Very nice clean setup you have there!

As far as your venting goes, I think it will depend mostly on if heat is an issue for you. Venting directly out the window can help with that for sure, as well as an air exchange for more Co2, but then you will also have the concern of the smell and the stealth of it. I didnt see if you have any scrubber for the smell or not.

The plants do look to be healthy as far as I can tell.
As far as when to put them into flower, I would consider your maximum grow height and go from there. I dont know how much stretch Powerplant will have, but you will probably want to allow for it to double or even triple in height from what it is. So if you have 3 feet of growing height area, maybe start flowering at 1 foot, unless you know how much the strain will stretch.

I am going to follow along on this grow, I have a feeling your going to have some nice fat buds before it's all over :)

hi warfish,thanks for interest,i want as many people as possible to follow my journal as helpfull advise along the way is always a good thing

about the scrubber,i have a carbon filter attached to the right of the plants,with a rotating fan blowing just over the top of the plants.

about the stretch of the powerplant,the guy who giving me a bit of help,ripped the centre of each plant,he said that way the plant wont stretch,he also said they will bush out alot more & get more dense bud

do you think the feed is ok that im using

this is my 1st grow & since i mentioned about my problem which my plants have started to curl & go slightly yellow...

ive had 1 REPLY from warfish (thanks),i thought this site was full of help ????

ive since hopefully found out what the problem was,my PH PEN was not reading right,i bought another pen,& my ph reading is only 4.6...
my faulty ph pen was reading at 5.9,so i think my plants havnt been getting the right amount of nutrients.

if anyone can comment on this,will this be my problem ???

thanks

babymonkey, I really am limited on my knowledge of nutrient lines, so I cant be of much help there

It sounds like you may have been giving them the wrong PH water and nutrients by mistake there with the bad pen :( I would suggest that you water each of them very heavily with PH corrected water, so there is a good amount of runoff. This will hopefully flush the wrong ph out and correct it with the new water.

There are alot of great minds on this site that will be more than willing to help you with any and all problems that you may have. I think the issue you are having is asking the questions in your journal itself. Anytime I have a problem and need some help with it, I make a new post in the "General Indoor Growing" section detailing the problem. Most of the best problem solvers will read through that section several times a day in an effort to help people out. The "Sick Plants & Problems" section also gets alot of views for specific plant issues.

I hate to see you get frustrated. I know people here are more than happy to help, you sometimes just need to stick it under there nose more for them to see :D
I think you will find that as your grow progresses, your following will grow as well :)

warfish said:
babymonkey, I really am limited on my knowledge of nutrient lines, so I cant be of much help there

It sounds like you may have been giving them the wrong PH water and nutrients by mistake there with the bad pen :( I would suggest that you water each of them very heavily with PH corrected water, so there is a good amount of runoff. This will hopefully flush the wrong ph out and correct it with the new water.

There are alot of great minds on this site that will be more than willing to help you with any and all problems that you may have. I think the issue you are having is asking the questions in your journal itself. Anytime I have a problem and need some help with it, I make a new post in the "General Indoor Growing" section detailing the problem. Most of the best problem solvers will read through that section several times a day in an effort to help people out. The "Sick Plants & Problems" section also gets alot of views for specific plant issues.

I hate to see you get frustrated. I know people here are more than happy to help, you sometimes just need to stick it under there nose more for them to see :D
I think you will find that as your grow progresses, your following will grow as well :)

thanks warfish

i've been using canna aqua vega a+b, i only go upto 75% strength in veg after 2 weeks, 50% for the first 2 weeks after rooting, i haven't had the guts to go stronger in case i burned them, but it's been workin fine, also i'd check and adjust the ph every 3 or 4 days, happy growin.

stonegroove said:
i've been using canna aqua vega a+b, i only go upto 75% strength in veg after 2 weeks, 50% for the first 2 weeks after rooting, i haven't had the guts to go stronger in case i burned them, but it's been workin fine, also i'd check and adjust the ph every 3 or 4 days, happy growin.

hi stonegroove
thanks for the reply,also glad to hear someone is using the same feed as me,i didnt know about only given them 50% off feed for the 1st 2 weeks,that to me could be very usefull information,ive been given them 100% feed,lately my leaves started to curl downwards,so just wondering if it was all the feed i was given them.

when your in veg stage,how far away should i have the light from the top of the plants ?

thanks m8

Yo Ho Ho N,

More pics, More pics, More pics, More pics, More pics
well you get the idea. I like what I'm watching with your grow, and since I am self centered I would like to see some More pics pleeeease...LOL

smoke in peace
KK:cool:

nouvellechef said:
So your adding more than that 600 watt in there?

hi nouvellechef,yes im flowering in the next 2 days so will be adding more light,ill most probably be adding 2 more 250w lights,ill be putting different bulbs in the 250w lights (cant remember what there called as im new to all this),but i do know they give off all spectrums of light.

do you think adding 2 x 250w lights is advisable ??

thanks m8

KingKahuuna said:
Yo Ho Ho N,

More pics, More pics, More pics, More pics, More pics
well you get the idea. I like what I'm watching with your grow, and since I am self centered I would like to see some More pics pleeeease...LOL

smoke in peace
KK:cool:

hi m8
definatly more pictures coming today as im getting a few more followers now so i will do my bit & take more pictures

thanks m8

your 600w hps should be plenty for flowering in that space, but i can't see the harm in adding more as long as heat does not become an issue, don't rush into flower either after 3 weeks, i usually flower at 6-7 weeks, but take into account the growth spurt on flowering they could double in height, sometimes triple.
also the distance of your hps light to the canopy should be about 20-30 inches depending on hot it is at the canopy you should be able to put your hand there comfortably an not feel like your gettin a tan, if the 250w lights are compact fluorecent, they can get much closer, i use just 1 250w cfl for veg and i have it about 3-4 inches away

stonegroove said:
your 600w hps should be plenty for flowering in that space, but i can't see the harm in adding more as long as heat does not become an issue, don't rush into flower either after 3 weeks, i usually flower at 6-7 weeks, but take into account the growth spurt on flowering they could double in height, sometimes triple.
also the distance of your hps light to the canopy should be about 20-30 inches depending on hot it is at the canopy you should be able to put your hand there comfortably an not feel like your gettin a tan, if the 250w lights are compact fluorecent, they can get much closer, i use just 1 250w cfl for veg and i have it about 3-4 inches away

thanks stonegroove,some excellent info there which will all be taken on board,the guy who sorted me the 4 powerplant cuttings said to flower at the end of the 3rd week,then flower for 7 weeks,as he also said powerplant flower pretty quick.

thanks m8

ps :i know this is my 1st grow but im learning fast & will also be starting a garage grow in 2 weeks time,6 powerplant & 6 white widow will be going in,hope alot can come along and follow

hi all
will be uploading more info & pictures tommorow,ive taken photos,just need to get them off my phone

thanks all:)

Latest posts

Back