1 gal pots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetBLACK

Reaction score
anyone have experience growing in soil in 1 gal pots??

i mean like taking clones, rooting them, transplant them in 1gal pots and vegging for like 2 weeks, keeping them smaller. then flowereing them for 8-9 weeks while staying in the 1gal pots... kinda like a sea of green technique. but im nor doing hydro, just soil. biggest downfall i have is having to water often every other day at least when theey r in full bloom, to prevent drought stress... just dont want to worry about root bound causing stress or growth problems. i figure since there not vegging too long at all they have enogh room to bloom thuroughly. anybody else use this style of growing? ive beeen able to fit 6-8 smaller plants in same area as one big ger plant, and getting 1/2 oz or so ea plant, so gettign 3-4 oz in smae space as one big plant. and its all top buds, sometimes just one large cola w no smaller popcorn buds... as long as i keep veg time short, then being in smaller pots shouldnt b a problem tho...

wanted to know if anyone used similar approach but needed 2 gal pots. or 2 gal gro bags.

check out some of hamster lewis' grows.
his 1 gal yields are quite impressive ;)

i personally like to go with 4 in three gals though, over 6-8 one gals. it's all up to what works best for your setup though.

Hamster Lewis is the only one I know of who gets impressive growth and yield from 1 gal pots. I am like kaotik--I would rather grow fewer larger plants. I am using 3 gal pots now, but am wondering if I am going to need to go to 5 gal.

Guilty as charged..:)
I am a one gallon pot user...hardest part is watering everyday in flower. For me 2 gallon is probably as big as I wld ever go. By the way, Smart pots rule.

Jet, I'm with hami on this one, all I've ever grown in is 1 Gal pots from www. potgrowingsolutions.com.. They work great and keep my plants at a manigible hieght and they produce quite nicely. Even if you have to go out of town for the week, water them thouroughly and your good to go.. dampin even the soil if gone that long.. The nice part about these pots is that you never have ot worry about overwatering,, They work good for me...and thier priced right... won't break the bank account LOL...

A one gallon pot late in flower will need to be watered once a day, if not twice.

I veg and flower in 5 gallon pots. I like big girls I guess.

I take cuttings in nursery pots, veg in 1galloners or 2 gallon pots and bloom in 5 gallon home de pot buckets :hubba: FFOF amended with perlite

I went from 5 gal buckets to 4 gal buckets and still have to water daily. Each one averages 1 qt a day in the flower room, sometimes less. Just a little bit of run off, not enough to make the floor splashy.

But I recently did a couple of dozen clones in 2-gallon grow bags and am about a month from finishing them. Looking forward to comparing them to their sisters in the 4 gallon buckets. The idea of being able to use 1/2 the soil just warms my tentacles to no end.

I have been using 1 gallons since watching ham. I am getting about an oz per bucket now. I probably water every 3 to 4 days more when mature

I have done 1 gal smart pot grows organically.

5 gal smart pots are much easier.

If I was getting just 1/2 ounce per plant, I would not bother.

I was just recently growing in 1 gallon smart pots but I had to water them twice a day and that was just too much maintanance for me. There were a couple occasions where I got home late from work and the plants were totally dried out and screaming for water. Needless to say I ditched the 1 gallons and went back to the 3 gallon smart pots. Istill have one male in the 1 gallon and I'm watering it atleast once a day. Pain in the butt.

Growing in 1 gallon pots definitely isn't easy. Like I said watering them is a chore and a PITA but for me they work the best for my situation and growing experience. jmo

Lets face it, Hamster (Hammy) Lewis is a big show off with the one gallon pots. You may need to add "Don't try this at home", as your sig line Hammy. All my plants would be dead if I tried that. I promise. And I am an old gardener.

Latest posts

Back