1 Room seperated into 2 stages of light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amon1011

Reaction score
i have a 20ft x 4ft rear closet where the door is lsighted to the left where you open it and to the rite is 7 ft of room where i have my current grow room, rite now i have 6 40 watt flourecent bulbs, i was thnikin of makin 2 rooms out of it by makin a room to the left as well 4 the vegatative stage nd flowering stage as well. Will the light's being on at diff times have any affect if i shiled the light with tarps, if so can i use the same amount of light ill have in the other room or will i need a high pressure sodium lighht for the flowering stage? if i do how expensive r they? how many? and how much will my electric bill go up.......also i will need better vent so if i put some holes througfhg a couple walls that will lead onto a much bigger room with a squirril fan will that do the job?

20ft!!!x4ft closet? Thats 80 sq.ft.
Or is that 2'x4'?
For a closet that is a wild arse dimension.
If doing 2 rooms. Flos are great for veg. Flower is when you want that HPS.
Insidesun.com or HGTsupply.com both have good deals on complete HID set-ups.
50W of HID (HPS or MH) per square foot is a good rule to go by ;)

Nah thats no typo. The door opens in and if u look to the left u probably have like 4 ft and if u look to the rite where my current room is theres like 8-10ft then with the door opening in it takes up like 3 ft. But i want to make a room to the left for flowering with a HPS Light doing 12/12 then my current room as norm for vegg. with an 18/6 and seperate them with tarp curtains.

make sure theres no light visible to you veg stage or else you start to find flowers on them.

senhsy said:
make sure theres no light visible to you veg stage or else you start to find flowers on them.

:huh:?

Make sure there's no light leaks in your flower room, or else they will have trouble flowering.

not have trouble flowering they will start to have flowers.

That just doesn't make sense.. maybe I've misunderstood.

Your vegging plants (say they're on a 18/6 or 24/0 light schedule) won't be affected by any light leaks. Even if the light leaks in during their 6-hr dark period, worse case scenario is they get stressed/confused, and wind up hermie.

It is in the flowering room where you must make sure there are no light leaks. The plants need 12 hours of darkness to trigger flowering. Any disturbance in this schedule can stress the plants, and can stop flowering all together.

edit: check the time.. anyone got 2 mins? :ccc:

I plan on seperating the two rooms with a mylar type space foil which wont allow any light and attatching it to the wall by velcrow, also I would only work in the room while both plants should be nder light

Latest posts

Back