10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devile

Reaction score
Hello Every one, I am hoping this journal will allow me both to share my knowledge about growing and also to receive constructive input/feedback from more experienced growers.

This grow-room is brand new and this is the first grow since it was built. The new room is about 3 square metres and I have put in 3 lamps from Mars-Hydro. Compared to HPS these lamps will give 800 watts each. So I have a total of 2400 watts in the room.

Planted 10 seeds--4 different strains.

As usual, I'm trying to keep the temperature as stabile as possible to avoid stretching. With the help of a simple climate control system connected to the exhaust and intake-fans, temperature is being kept stabile between 22-24 degrees celsius. Keeping lights on 24/7 in the veg stage during winter months to keep the room hot. Also installed an electrical heater.

The biggest challenge so far has not been heat but humidity. Due to the dry winter air being sucked in from the outside into the room, humidity was only around 10%. To correct this issue I was forced to put in a humidifier. So far so good, but it is quite annoying to have to refill it with water daily. Will try to find another solution for the humidity issue. If anyone have any tips I would appreciate that very much.

Will update this journal regularly as the grow progress. Hoping all plants will come up. So far 3/10 is above ground. Questions, comments and friendly tips are always welcome.

Autopot 12 pot system, 225 litre Flexitank
Pot Size - 15 liter
Medium - 50% soil, 10% leca, 20% perlite, 20% vermiculite.
Lights - 3xMars Pro II Epistar 320 (Compare to HPS/MH/HID: 2400 watts)
Nutrients - Canna
Strains - Big Bud, Amnesia, Pure power plant, Northern lights
# of Plants: 10

The first image is showing the first plant to pop out of the soil. It's a Pure power plant and this is day 3 since the seeds went into the soil. The second picture shows a bigger piece of the grow-room.
Mars Pro II Epistar 1600 LED Grow Light with veg and bloom switches to control different growing modes. Compare to HPS/MH/HID: 800watt
vv_1024x1024.jpeg

1.png

2.png

Are you using Mars Pro II Epistar 1600? or Mars Pro II Epistar 320?

I think they are the same light. man. Mars use different names to advertise their light.
Like the light that i was using, few months ago when i just check their website.
They named it Pro II epistar 80. But now it is Pro II epistar 400. :)

The paper instruction in the light box shows MarsproII Epistar 320led, but it is called MarsproII1600led on their website

I think they are the same light. man. Mars use different names to advertise their light.
Like the light that i was using, few months ago when i just check their website.
They named it Pro II epistar 80. But now it is Pro II epistar 400. :)

Right, they are the same model. I think it is more reasonable to call it proII1600led, the draw power of this light is about 750W, if it was called MarsproII320led, others will think its draw power is 360W even lower draw power. In fact, this light uses 5W chips, 320pcs leds 320x5=1600W max power, draw power is 750W

Just a quick update .8 of 10 seeds have sprouted and are now above ground. Still waiting for 1 Northern lights & 1 Amnesia to pop up from the soil. This is going very well. Temperature still stable between 21-24 degrees & humidity is around 35%.
1.png
2.png

Day 5

Temperature and humidity remains stable. Still annoyed by having to refill the humidifier daily. Thinking about drilling a hole in the tank and then connect it to a huge tank that can last at least a week. This will be something for the future. At this point I am quite happy with my grow-room. Things are working out perfect and I'm all smiley. Took some more photos. A close-up of Amnesia and some photos of some of the gear I use in the grow-room. Since it's all working so perfect I figured maybe others would like to see what I am using
smile.png

Don't be shy folks - comments are very welcome!
2.png
3.png

It's a week since the seeds went into the ground. Conditions in grow-room has been extremely stabile and things are progressing pretty much as expected. Decided to wait a few more days before I separate the two Northern lights that was planted in the same pot. I want to make sure the roots have developed a little bit so I don't shock the plant. They look so fragile.

Thinking about watering the plants in about 5-7 days - Dependig on how fast the water evaporate from the soil. This is the first time I grow cannabis in soil. Previously only worked with hydro. So far I don't notice any difference. In Hydro things started going really fast as soon as the roots reached the nutrient repository. Guess in soil the progress will be like an even upwards curve.

What do you think folks? Do they look ok for 7 days?
7.png

Just a quick update .8 of 10 seeds have sprouted and are now above ground. Still waiting for 1 Northern lights & 1 Amnesia to pop up from the soil. This is going very well. Temperature still stable between 21-24 degrees & humidity is around 35%.
View attachment 250782 View attachment 250783
You are rich man. That's a lot of Pro II 320. I just can afford the Pro II 80. :(

You are rich man. That's a lot of Pro II 320. I just can afford the Pro II 80. :(

I am growing 10plant, ProII80 led is too small to work for my plants Lol, I won one MarsproII1600 led during Mars Cup competition 2years ago, I am very happy with it after I tested it, then I bought another 2 pcs.

I can not see plant clearly when I turned on my Mars lights, should I buy one led glasses to solve this problem? I am a little short-sighted, so I am worried usual led glasses can not help me a lot.

Nothing new to report, but took a photo of one of the Pure power plants to show how they are progressing. Looking quite good. Could also see the two I separated is still growing. However a little slower than their sisters

11.png

I can not see plant clearly when I turned on my Mars lights, should I buy one led glasses to solve this problem? I am a little short-sighted, so I am worried usual led glasses can not help me a lot.
I didn't use Mars LED glass but i saw they sell it on their website. It is cheap. Maybe you can buy one.

Nothing new to report, but took a photo of one of the Pure power plants to show how they are progressing. Looking quite good. Could also see the two I separated is still growing. However a little slower than their sisters

View attachment 250855
She looks very happy, man. Nice work!

I didn't use Mars LED glass but i saw they sell it on their website. It is cheap. Maybe you can buy one.

Thank you, I have contacted with Mars, I told them I am writing a grow journal with their light to share my growing experience. They are very happy and said they will send me one glasses as gift.

Thank you, I have contacted with Mars, I told them I am writing a grow journal with their light to share my growing experience. They are very happy and said they will send me one glasses as gift.
That's awesome. Hope i will have a chance to review Mars bigger lights. I has used their Pro II 400W for a grow and i was very happy with the yield. It can let me become high for a long time. Lol. :D

That's awesome. Hope i will have a chance to review Mars bigger lights. I has used their Pro II 400W for a grow and i was very happy with the yield. It can let me become high for a long time. Lol. :D

Sara at MarsHydro told me they will have new product in Market 1--2 months later, I think it is time for you to contact them to test their new light if you had complete grow journal before.

Latest posts

Back