10x9 room,how much light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hate runnin out of smoke plus i like to make hash also.

I grow like 3-4 lbs at a time. I don't sell, I just smoke it and gave a bunch to friends.

edit... my buddy installed a second hot water tank for our jacuzzi tub. I paid him in weed. Does that make me a dealer?

Buddyluv Hell no, it makes you a good friend in my book. Damn I used to love getting paid in weed. A friend with weed is a friend indeed.

BuddyLuv said:
I grow like 3-4 lbs at a time. I don't sell, I just smoke it and gave a bunch to friends.

edit... my buddy installed a second hot water tank for our jacuzzi tub. I paid him in weed. Does that make me a dealer?

"Gave a bunch to friends" and "paid him in weed" makes it different than "personal use" to me.

nobody answered my question.

im assuming you cant run 4000 watts through your standard bedroom outlet.

you will definately have to do some kind of rewiring to run 4000 am i correct?? what kind of wiring?

215zealot said:

you will definately have to do some kind of rewiring to run 4000 am i correct?? what kind of wiring?

No you couldnt run 4k watts off one bedroom outlet...but you could run 2kw per 20 amp breaker pretty easily if you run 240v ballasts @ approx 4.5 amps per.....and no special wiring needed...

yeroc1982 said:
I'm not too sure on the power question

hello my friend and welcome..your 10 x 9 room should have more then one outlet...YES?....that would meen you may have more then one Breaker..and if this is the case..then you have all the power you need...and IMO would create seperate rooms..I built my grow room outta a 14 x 10x 8 shed..check out my fall grow to see how..or PM me I will help you any way I can...I have 12 Plants in flower room ...17 in Veg Room and about to start more clones..Some may say thats a Commercial Grow ..Let them..I was tired of not haveing weed when I wanted it..and Just like any Hobby..you expand upon it...Just my thaughts..

IMO...a commercial grower is running a 2000 square foot opperation..a whole house.. well thats enough I need to smoke my Bong Now..Thanks for Growing :D

TheEnhancementSmoker ("Gave a bunch to friends" and "paid him in weed" makes it different than "personal use" to me). Damn dude, You must not have many friends. I would hang with a guy like buddyluv, but you sound like a stingy person. When I help a friend out and do some work for him I don't expect to get paid but if he hands me a sack, I am most grateful. I think that what buddyluv did. Sounds like you are trying to split hairs here. Take a puff and relax.

I dont really agree with you enhancement smoker.

Some people do need weed and can't get it. I know buddy grows some nice buds so I believe if I was a friend, and I couldn't get my own meds, than I would rather receive the weed than give him money to go buy from some dealer.

In my opinion, it's not different than personal use. You know what it is? Compassion, friendship, good will, and generosity.

For you to think that is wrong, JMO. But I still respect yours :aok:

215zealot said:

I'd like to use a subpanel powered from the main breaker.
More important, a subpanel can cut down substantially on voltage
drop because less power is lost in the large wires that feed a subpanel
than would be lost by the equivalent number of smaller branchcircuit
wires each running back to the main panel.I think of voltage
drop as electricity that is being paid for but that doesn’t provide any
useful work; it’s energy wasted as heat generated by the electricity traveling through the wires.
Be sure to use a main breaker in the subpanel

Give him a break already on how much he grows. Who cares what he does? You all don't know his medical needs. You have no idea how many grows he'll do a year.

IMO use 4 600 watt lights in this room, so they'll be spaced evenly and light distribution will be even. Also 600's are more effecient than 1000s.

If you wanted to do 1000s, then i would suggest using four.

Your room outlets will be 15 amp. You will have two circuits per room, one for lights and one for outlets.

Each outlet can only take 15 amps, which on a 12- volt circuit is a total of about 1500 watts, so for each circuit, run two 600 watt, and your pump and exhaust fan---max=== the lights will need to be air cooled, a standard house a/c won't cut it.

To use your ceiling light circuit, detach the lamp fixture from the ceiling and attach a 12 awg extension cord to the wires and wire it down to the grow floor to plug in your lights.

OOPs, I said each outlet is 15 amps, I meant each circuit is 15 amps. All room outlets are the Same circuit. It doesn't matter where you plug in. lights are a different circuit.

If you must, install a new 20 amp breaker in your main box (or two of them) and wire the room yourself, just send a power wire from the breaker through the attic into the room.

215zealot said:

You would need two 20 or 30 amp dedicated circuits. And they would be for the lamps only, you couldn't run anything else off these.

I run 4 1000w on a dedicated 30amp 240v breaker. No issues.
If you are running over 1000w, then it is wise to run a dedicated circuit to your lights.

Do not attempt to wire it yourself if you have no experience. Just don't. Have a trusted electrician do it for you, and share your bounty with him come harvest time.
Safe electrical is more important than any other item in your growroom.

You can always take a free electrical class at Home Depot. It will walk you through the entire process. I ran all the electric for my room myself after taking the class. I also suggest you research what you need and do not cheap out on your supplies. It is very straight foward if you have any brains.

Latest posts

Back