11-year-old turns in parents for marijuana use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hemp Goddess said:
If you believe that you can hide smoking from kids that age, you are probably mistaken. I dealt with marijuana on an honest basis with my kids from the time they were small. We talked about it, about the fact that it was illegal, and why I did it. I feel that my kids were far better off with me being honest, rather than trying to hide something that they probably knew you are doing anyhow.
I have kids, and did the same. However, I would never smoke in "their space" simply because they would not enjoy the smell as I do. If I'm outside smoking and they come out to hang out, noone has a problem with it.

As far as the snitching part, gotta be more to the story. Why didn't the X have custody if the kid was having such a hard time...

So the kid hated his step-father -- he thought if he turned them in his mom and dad might get back together. He really had no idea what he was doing, and I bet knowing he put his mother in jail really hurts him. Things will not work out like he expected, and he will have to live with his actions.

My sons are in their twenties now. I have smoked around them all their lives. I have always been honest w/ them about what I was doing. They were both sitting here with me the other night while I was getting high, and neither one of them wanted any. They experimented with drugs in High School, but neither of them ever came close to addiction to anything. The bottom line was that they love me and trust me and know I would never lie to them about anything. I have encouraged them to have open minds, to think for themselves and to be honest. They are both drug free even though Dad is a pot head -- they are impressed with my plants, but they don't want to smoke any, and they would never turn me in to the law. We are tight.

Having said all that -- everyone is different and every situation is different. Many addicts come from families that have never done drugs. Marijuana is NOT a gatway drug any more than the chewable asprin you give kids to make pain go away. Some people will become drug addicts no matter how they are raised, but a lack of communication and honesty between parents and kids will cause more problems than anything. JMO

The Hemp Goddess said:
If you believe that you can hide smoking from kids that age, you are probably mistaken. I dealt with marijuana on an honest basis with my kids from the time they were small. We talked about it, about the fact that it was illegal, and why I did it. I feel that my kids were far better off with me being honest, rather than trying to hide something that they probably knew you are doing anyhow.

IMO it is always best to be honest with your kids according to their age and ability to understand. If you don't, kids grow up and they will figure out they were lied to. That's worse IMO, because then your kid knows they can't trust you.

11 years old is too young to expose ur child to MJ, PERIOD. Even if you have the intentions of one day being able to cheif with your child. Children are innocent at that age, and its definitely sketchy

As a mom of a preschooler, it is pretty easy to keep my MJ usage from him. I never, ever smoke in front of him and I do not allow him to be in other people's homes while they are smoking. I used to only smoke in my house only when he is napping or asleep at night, but now that he is older I don't smoke in the house when he is home. I go outside on my porch late at night, or I take a high ride in the car, or I smoke at friends houses. My son has never asked me about any funny smells, and I keep my bowl/wraps/papers and stash well out of his sight. I don't grow, but I would like to one day, and I will take steps to assure my plants will be out of his sight as well. I know one day he will discover my hobby, but I will do everything I can to avoid this as long as possible. I want him to make his own decisions whether to use MJ himself one day, and this is his home too, he has the right to be respected and not have to walk into a cloud of smoke or have to bear witness to illegal activity. The parents of this child were incredibly irresponsible and disrespectful to the boy in his home, so they probably got what they deserved. Children can be unpredictable, and they do not understand many things adults take for granted, so keep your stuff away from your kids!! It's their home too, show them you respect them and stop smoking around them and keeping your **** out in plain sight where they have no choice but to see it!

:yeahthat: or, educate them of MJ as others have done and deal with it in that manner...which is how I handled it!! :) I'd rather they learned about it from me and not taught the stuff they tell you at schools and such...garbage like that brainwashes the kids to believe it's bad bad bad.

:yeahthat: ---i had that talk with my 10 yr old daughter---she understands that it is strictly medical---i do not burn anywhere near her ever---and totally respect her space---the x wife has always twisted spliffs in front of her, but does not grow---daughter doesn't need to see the paraphernaila laying around my house---although things are pretty stealth in my yard---play dates with friends has me a bit concerned now---they probably know what it looks like and the last thing i need is some concerned parent not allowing their kid to come play at my house cause of the herb---think i will have to find some other vegetation to blend in

hey ganjagirl---that book listed above is for pre school kids---i previewed it and would have purchased it if it was more age appropriate---you might want to check it out

I educated my daughter from an early age, about MJ, and explained about the legality as she got older. She chose not to smoke. She is now in her late 30's and has chosen not to smoke. She is now a software engineer, and makes more in a year, than I do in 10. But she is still my little girl, and I am still her Dad. I never hid it from her, but I also never smoked in the house, so she would have to breathe my smoke. I held off on growing, in the home, as long as she lived at home. She does use my homemade tincture, for her migraines, but still does not smoke. She is happy, well adjusted, and I never had to lie to her, except about Santa Clause. I really don't think we would have been so close, or remained this close, if I had lied about my medicine.

HomieHogleg

11 year old's can be manipulated pretty easily. Could have been one of the fine dare officers trying to make his first big bust. My point is that stories can be made up. Maybe they deserved it, maybe not..?? Most people are responsible, as you can tell from all of the comments, and most air on the side of safety for their kids. Governments lie, and so do the people that work for them.

Kid should have been glad he was not living in these thing they call Methhousea that we see on the news. Those kids have it bad most the time. Then again it could be ol'dad using the boy to get even with his exwife. People play some sick and twisted headgames any more.

A good portion of my friends I grew up with had homes that smelled like marijuana. We always just envied those kids because we thought how easy it must be to jack from their dad's stash. I think the little bastard was just fed up with his parents holding out on him.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Fed up? He was probably just pissed that they wouldn't buy him the new video game he wanted or something similar. That kid should try living with parents that are alcoholics...maybe he will end up in some nice foster home....

That's right. I grew up with alcoholic parents. My son grew up with toker (but non-alcoholic) parents. He was much better off as a kid than I was.

Latest posts

Back