12/12 or 24/0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenjerry

Green Jerry
Reaction score
what is the best way to start I have heard it from 24/0 or 12/12...
My first grow started out 24/0 for a month and then to the 12/12...
But I am starting a new group of plants...I need to know what is the best way to grow them up as...
when I did my first grow it was about 3 1/2 months from start to harvest...but if I start them at the 12/12 will they take a longer time to grow...

you'll find lots of opinions on what is best...most people that want to keep it small(micro grow) start from 12/12

i veg with 24 hour light until my lady is about 1/3 the height of my box then switch to 12/12

and i also LST to keep her 1/3 the size of the box until i switch over to 12/12

just my opinion-- its what works for me

18/6...24/0 Veg

12/12..10/13 Flower

and time for veg depends on what you want or have room for 84VW said he does till 1/3 his box..well I have 8 foot ceiling in my shed..so I can veg a bit longer..I am not limited on hieght..and as 84VW said LST will help in keeping plant Low if needed..Hope this helps :bolt::bong:

greenjerry said:
what is the best way to start I have heard it from 24/0 or 12/12...
My first grow started out 24/0 for a month and then to the 12/12...
But I am starting a new group of plants...I need to know what is the best way to grow them up as...
when I did my first grow it was about 3 1/2 months from start to harvest...but if I start them at the 12/12 will they take a longer time to grow...

It all depends on how large you want your plants to get. While your plants are in 24/0 (or 18/6), they will continue to grow and will never bud (unless they are an auto strain). Once they are put into 12/12, they will continue to grow, usually doubling or tripling in height. How long they take to flower is strain dependent.

Are you vegin a seed plant or a clone? A seed plant wont flower until it is mature so you would be depriving it of light and growing energy. This is ok if you want to keep it small.

Latest posts

Back