150 watt 120 volt hps for $20?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, I'll definitely report back once I receive them. They just sent me a shipping notice, so at least they SEEM to be a reliable outfit.

yeah pretty poor quality when it compares to CFLs but alot more penetration

Well, poor quality when it comes to photography, but not growing marijuana!

i am now thinking of rinning 4 of those now.... lol if you can journal it with pics of the way you made the reflector and wired them with the ballst and stuff. I am really interested!

Yea I will save this site and WAIT for you in couple of months to see if all went well !!! It makes me Wonder,, to cheap to be True.!!!!

yeah im buying 1 of em tomorrow *all i can prob afford this payday* but I'll be hopefully rigging up my blue floro along side it for an extra 6,800 lumens fer ma closet, plus it'll throw some blue spectrum in there, a nice mix :) -- that should put me at 22,800 lumens for my closet.. i hope that's enough ??? i haven't taken measurements of the closet yet to see how much space is in there

sounds like a good amount for a closet akirahz. Let us know how this all works out :)

Well I really really really want to know if this works for you!!! Has anybody used this style and worked them out for there grow system? I would love to see a DIY post on this. how to disasemble. mount, ad a reflector and where the put the ballast. i know this would be a great help to me!
So keep us posted. I plan on ordering these next week so hopefully you have worked them out by then...

mine got here this morning,,,,,,so small and cute,,,,a baby hps,,,,,still not sure how to hang it ,,,,the ballast is in the top of the light so its kind of top heavy,,,will get back to on how i hang it (and yes, you need to wire it) ,,,p,l,r

rasta said:
mine got here this morning,,,,,,so small and cute,,,,a baby hps,,,,,still not sure how to hang it ,,,,the ballast is in the top of the light so its kind of top heavy,,,will get back to on how i hang it (and yes, you need to wire it) ,,,p,l,r

definitely dude, report back on how you wired this baby up, would love to know!!

honeybear said:
definitely dude, report back on how you wired this baby up, would love to know!!

Yo honey, i couldn't help but notice you seem a little intimidated by the wiring of this light..

There are probably 3 wires in the light, white, black and bare (copper ground)..

all you do is buy an extension cord from say, wally world, chop off one end and splice the ext cord so its two wires are bare, and just wire a white end to one end, and the black to the other and ignore the ground wire/bare wire (if you want, it'll work) and plug it into the wall

It should light up since there is no photo sensor hence there's no real heavy wiring needed on the actual ballast :)

heres a terrible diagram i drew up for ya to give you a better idea of how to do it honey :)

150w-hpsdiag.jpg

akirahz said:
Yo honey, i couldn't help but notice you seem a little intimidated by the wiring of this light..

There are probably 3 wires in the light, white, black and bare (copper ground)..

all you do is buy an extension cord from say, wally world, chop off one end and splice the ext cord so its two wires are bare, and just wire a white end to one end, and the black to the other and ignore the ground wire/bare wire (if you want, it'll work) and plug it into the wall

It should light up since there is no photo sensor hence there's no real heavy wiring needed on the actual ballast :)

heres a terrible diagram i drew up for ya to give you a better idea of how to do it honey :)
I think the intimadation comes from the ballast. thats for me.. i can wire a light. but the ballast should get hot too. so do you make it remote. leave it attached to the light. so on so forth..
It would be good to see how the lighting was done pic. by pic. like a manual ya know. this one has sparked alot of interest. not alot of money and tho possibility to get away from cfl or flours..

little thing works great,,,has three wires ,,,,a white a black and a bear cooper one(ground),,i drilled two wholes in the top and put two small ropes thru the whole then hung it from an eye hook,(eye hook in a ceiling joist),,,to wire it all you need is a grounded plug(three wire)connect the white to the white the black to the black and the green to the bear cooper wire(ground)the ballest gets a little hot (in my opion)but still the best 20$ ive spent in a while,,,,great find AKIRAHZ,,,PEACE,LOVE,RASTAFARI

I'll put together a little illustrated DIY when I get mine. From what rasta says, it should be a cinch. I'm glad I ended up buying a couple, can't wait until the arrive. I might as well add some extra punch to the end of my first grow. Certainly can't hurt yields.

OH and they sell pre made reflectors for it for 18 bucks too, just look under accessories. That's an awesome find.

city said:
I think the intimadation comes from the ballast. thats for me.. i can wire a light. but the ballast should get hot too. so do you make it remote. leave it attached to the light. so on so forth..
It would be good to see how the lighting was done pic. by pic. like a manual ya know. this one has sparked alot of interest. not alot of money and tho possibility to get away from cfl or flours..

Personal preference weather or not you leave the ballast inside the fixture. I have remote'd a few ballasts, its easy -- all you do is make the wiring longer haha, just splicing cords and elongating wires is all there is too it, the ballast is already wired within the light fixture- if you unbolt the ballast from its housing, snip the protruding wires closest to the fixture upon pulling out the ballast, then just add longer wires inbetween, then put the ballast some where else :)

Latest posts

Back