16 tubes,Double rack Badboy T-5 grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its not lumen content that you can count on with flos, they have hardly any lumen penetration. a 600 with the right bulb will outpreform flos everytime, the buds will be denser with the hid.

if stretch is a problem try lowering the lights and try supercropping, it will help the stalks, the lower growth and help even out the canopy. bigger stalks and branches = a bigger rootmass as well= bigger buds.

curious why you went from an hid to flos?

the plants look great!!!

good job mate :D

trillions of atoms said:
its not lumen content that you can count on with flos, they have hardly any lumen penetration. a 600 with the right bulb will outpreform flos everytime, the buds will be denser with the hid.

if stretch is a problem try lowering the lights and try supercropping, it will help the stalks, the lower growth and help even out the canopy. bigger stalks and branches = a bigger rootmass as well= bigger buds.

curious why you went from an hid to flos?

the plants look great!!!

good job mate :D

hey bud,I have stated in my previous posts that I don't expect HID type results from this grow.This is purely an experiment.I was given the first rack to try,but never got to do a flower run with it.
Thanks for checkin out my grow bud.

Just finishing third week of flower.
All the girls were showing signs of deficiency as I had no proper Bloom food.
Local shop finally got some in.No PB this time so I am trying Flora-Nova.
I have mnaged two doses so far,and it is helping.
With some new strains in the mix,I can now see that my usuall strain is stretchy no matter what.They stand a good foot taller than the other strains.
So I now am running one rack a foot higher than the other.
Other than my original Bubba strain,I dont know what the other strains are.
I was mailed the seeds and they are only labeled "cc" "h" and "g".The CC is Cotton Candy...the other two I have no clue.Whatever the "H" is though ,it produces amazing flowers.The multi-colored hairs remind me of the old Berlin Strain I ran years ago.
Unfortunately with no seperate veg space all my crops are one shot deals,no cutting clones etc.
I may change that before next grow.

View attachment bbg13.JPEG

View attachment bbg14.JPEG

View attachment bbg15.JPEG

View attachment bbg16.JPEG

Those plants look really nice, love the colour on pics 1 & 2.
The deficiency in the second pic looks like it could be Phosphorous but I am a hell of a long way from being competent spotting deficiencies let alone being an expert, check this out for yourself. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53717
A couple of the others are showing a little nute burn, browned leaf tips that surl up.
Very impressive though for CFL's into week 3, they look as good as the plants I have at the same stage under a 600whps.
Peace
Woody

woodydude said:
Those plants look really nice, love the colour on pics 1 & 2.
The deficiency in the second pic looks like it could be Phosphorous but I am a hell of a long way from being competent spotting deficiencies let alone being an expert, check this out for yourself. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53717
A couple of the others are showing a little nute burn, browned leaf tips that surl up.
Very impressive though for CFL's into week 3, they look as good as the plants I have at the same stage under a 600whps.
Peace
Woody

These girls really havent had enough nutes to feed a cactus.The burnt leaf tips on top are just that...burnt.They were contacting the bulbs...ooops.
The only thing I can think of that might have screwed the mix was mixing some old Tarantula into the soil before veg planting.Dont know how old the **** was...it was pne solid chunk LOL.

The girls are in thier fifth week now and fattening up very nicely!
I am quite surprised at how deep the T-5's are actually penetrating the canopy.Even midway and lower buds are gaining size at a great rate.
The girls got the second and last dose of bloom food.Still drawing about three cups of water per every two-three days.
This should start to drop off a bit now that I am in 5th week.
A couple of the really tall plants I have had to lay at an angel as the tops got a bit burnt by the lamps.
The T-5's are really not terribly efficient.For over 800 watt draw,the amount of lumens produced shows how much energy is being wasted as heat.
Even though the results look really good at this time,I will only be using the Badboys for veg from this point on.
The entire idea behind floro lighting was to keep resources down.However the T-5's do not do this,they use more juice for less light,
cannot be "air cooled" as effectively as HID and dont (to the eye) produce as "red" a spectrum as HID.
They do however give a nice big footprint so the usage is ideal for veg.
All in all the new digital ballasts for HID lights are far more power efficient and produce a better lumen output,
they will be my tool of choice for future grows.
I look forward to the end of this show,just to be able to drop this heavey power draw.
Thats it for this weeks update,thanks for checkin out my grow.

View attachment tt5.jpg

View attachment tt6.jpg

Six weeks in and getting fat.
Gone to straight water for the rest of this run.The girls are now taking an extra day to swallow thier 3 cups of water,so they are slowing down

It appears that a couple of my "new" strains are going to finish faster than the old standbys.
I have some ISS to try for next run.One of my favorite tasting buds so I look forward to it.

Time to start plucking some yellow leaf as the girls are ripening and allowing the leaves to be stripped of nutes.
I expect this from week 5 onwards just a lot of work LOL.

Temps are getting very cold at night..low to mid 50'sF.Day temps are staying in mid seventies,so i should get really nice hard nugs.
Only a couple more weeks and this run is done...back to HID for me!

Thanks for checking out my grow.

tt7.jpg

tt8.jpg

darkone next run leave a few blue/veg bulbs in your fixture... the mixed spectrum should def help control the stretch alil...

Latest posts

Back