1st grow in 20 years, might need some help;

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

framingman001

Reaction score
i just took 15 cuttings from my mother and made bubble cloner that i got off the DIY forum. i have never seen or even heard of one till i started reading here. it's been 20 year since my last closet grow so theres been alot of new ways of doing things. the cloner looks like it will work great. I have them under 8-4' t8's and wraped one of those emergency blankets around them. The lights are about 1 inch above the plants. (how does it sound so far?) My grow has to be as stealth as i can make it. i made the flower chamber out of one of those deep freezers, the nice thing is that it can be locked. It's about 4' x 3 1/2 ' and just about 4' tall. I have a 400w hps with a cool tube i made from a 6" glass vase i picked up at one of those dollar stores and cut the bottom off. have the light vented with a 140 cfm fan,and the chamber with a 240 cfm fan. i have a heater in there, because it get down to low 40's at night. There are two thermostats one to turn on the fan when it gets up to 80 and the other to kick the heat onwhen it get below 65 when the light is off. should this work or do i got to much involed? feedback would be great.

If anybody wants to know how i cut the let me know and i'll post it in DIY Forum. I put the mother and 1 other into flowing when i took the cuttings. the seeds where just some good bag seeds to play with till i get some good genetics. any input would be very helpfull. i would like to do a but i think i'll have height issue?

3rd post and you are starting a grow journal.

Well done Framingman001 :)

Welcome to the furum.

Your set up sounds fine.

4' is not a lot to work with, what are your plans?

Have you got any pictures you can show us?

(Your going to find were all picture addicts here, we wanna see it all, and them some).

I hope you enjoy your stay.

:peace:

right now im working off my cel phone so i'll try to take some pictures and get them posted. about the cool tube the the fan keeps it cool to the touch but i dont want anything to break so i'll look into something temperd. Thanks for the tip. good lookin out for a fellow grower!! about the height issue would scrog be helpfull with a dwc grow? maybe 6 plants at a time? anybody got any other ideas? i'll have to do some reading THANKS!!

scrog will not work i'd never be able to change the water. maybe just stick with soil and train them . any ideas?

I agree with Hemp Goddes about the glass and the height issue of the freezer but everything else sounds excellent. If you do a search on ebay or online for a "Pyrex Bake-Around", that would work better for the cool tube. It is an old product that is still around in vintage form. It is basically a glass tube used to bake bread so it is built to withstand heat.

framingman001 said:
scrog will not work i'd never be able to change the water. maybe just stick with soil and train them . any ideas?

Check out the scrog and 150W cooltube threads in my sig. I had a drain on the res and a hole on the top of the res to facilitate changing the nutes. The cooltube was made with a bake-a-round like NC Diesel mentioned. I get mine on e-bay.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Check out the scrog and 150W cooltube threads in my sig. I had a drain on the res and a hole on the top of the res to facilitate changing the nutes. The cooltube was made with a bake-a-round like NC Diesel mentioned. I get mine on e-bay.
yes goddess i just got done checking it out. That was a very very nice grow. I think im going to try it when the clones are ready. i i took your advise and got rid of the glass tube, i dont need to be cleaning up glass when i got a scrog and dwc to start building. what was the finished height of that grow, i think you said about 40 inches is that about right, and do you think a shorter res will work? THANKS for the info allright i have to get on ebay so i can make a cool tube right.

After losing the tube the temps peak out in the low 80's. Is that ok? the fan pretty much stays on all the time now, but thats ok it just sound like the frezzer running. i have 2 computer fans blowing in fresh air that are on the same timer as my light , should they stay on when the light is off. Still gets pretty cold at night. THANKS

framingman001 said:
yes goddess i just got done checking it out. That was a very very nice grow. I think im going to try it when the clones are ready. i i took your advise and got rid of the glass tube, i dont need to be cleaning up glass when i got a scrog and dwc to start building. what was the finished height of that grow, i think you said about 40 inches is that about right, and do you think a shorter res will work? THANKS for the info allright i have to get on ebay so i can make a cool tube right.

Yes, the final height was about 40"--I had 48, so still had a little to spare.
Yes, I think you could use a shorter res, but the distance between the res and the screen could have been a little shorter, too. I wanted to use the space I had to my best advantage.
You should be able to find a bake-a-round on E-Bay.

Good so it sounds like the space i have if i use a shorter res and lower the net. I think i'll try a 4plant srog then as soon as the clones are ready. BTW the bubble cloner i made seems to be doing the trick nicely, great DIY. Anyone got any input on the fans? PS. i'll try to post some pics off my labtop when i go into town. THANKS goddess for your input!!

smokeup420 said:
PIXXXXXXXXTUREs pleasasasasae
I live in the mountains with no internet. I've been working this forum off my cell phone, but the next time i go into town i will post some. It realy blows with no internet!!

Ridgerunner said:
Wished I lived in the mountains.
its great as long as your not a outdoor grower. Season is short , but if you had the right strains it would be good. you would need something that delt well with cold and harvest time was short. Anybody have any strains in mind that fits that? Ther was one that went to the cup every year but i dont remember the strain.

Have you thought of trying some autoflowering strains, some of them can be done in less than two months.

Thanks S D for the input but i just started a new indoor grow that i have to focus on, but i am going to put a couple of cloned out in the woods to see how close the get to finishing. worst case is that i will bee able to get some good cutting and maybe some oil from them if they make it. Who nows maybe they'll finish, that would be a bonus. //Now what about them fans anybody got any input? THANKS

framingman001 said:
I live in the mountains with no internet. I've been working this forum off my cell phone, but the next time i go into town i will post some. It realy blows with no internet!!

LOL--I live in the mountains, too, but cannot get cell service. You have cell service, but no internet :confused:? Where I live, we have internet via our regional phone company (have only had DSL available for 4 years or so) or Direct TV. I'm not sure what I would do with no internet :eek:...:D

LOL dont get me wrong i could have intrnet via wild blue , sat internet .But i might be moving in 2 months either way i'll have it by then. A nd yes it blows. ~oodthing for good cell phones for me LOL!

Latest posts

Back