1st Grow - Power Skunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs. st00ner

Occupational Hippie
Reaction score
Ok so I'm starting my first grow today with two Power Skunk seeds. I've got them presoaking at the moment and I'm working on the microgrow set up. I have a few questions for all you experienced growers. Since I will be doing a storage bin set up, does anyone have suggestions as far as air circulation and ventilation? How many fans should I install and where would be the best placement on the container? As far as maximizing the lighting, is white spray paint sufficient to line the inside or would reflective mylar be better? And finally, what is gonna be the best way to rig up the lights?

Thanks guys!

mebeafarmer said:
Hello and welcome :)

1. I would think that 1 small p.c. cooling fan may be sufficient if your setting up in a storage bin -
?. How big is the storage bin?

2. Placement of the fan should be near the top or centered on the top.

3. Flat white paint will do well - Mylar does better but space is of the essence im guessing so Id just paint it - flat white works very well.

4. Depending on your size, if you are setting up inside of a storage bin, I would recommend using standard bathroom light bars - attached on the inside upper walls with the bulbs pointed outwards vs down to maximize space.

The needed light and cooling really depends on the size of the storage bin and the needed cooling depends upon the light. . . .

Shoot for 5000 lumens per sq. '

Hope I helped but I'm a newb myself . . . .

Later ,

famer

It's a 31 gal bin with dimensions being 16.68" L x 32.08" W x 20.11" H. I'm gonna be using 42w CFLs and three of them fit on one bathroom light bar. Would you recommend I use one bathroom bar or two in this case?

if you have the room i would go for 2 bars ,,,more lumens the better ,,nicer tighter buds ,,,
good luck and im pulling up my seat to :watchplant:
green mojo for the ladies :banana:

ps. dont forget an input and output fans ,,,computer fans will do the job:peace:

:hubba: I think the more light the better as long as you can keep them cool and well ventilated. ;)
Always remember to replace the air you vent out with @ least the same if not more. :rolleyes:
On my links @ the bottom I have one of a new area I built a few months back. You may get a few tips from that. it is a larger scale than what you plan but in that section of the forms you can see lots of good stuff.
Stop by my latest grow if you have a chance
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GROW​

:D GO FOR THE MAXIMUM YIELD :D

Ok well I've got my container all ready and painted and I've got the pots and soil ready for the babies (I'm using Fox Farm's Ocean Forest potting soil in 1.5 liter pots). I've done a bit of revision on the lighting. I couldn't find a plug-in system that had the flexibility and wattage I wanted so I've kinda made up my own. I've got two workshop adapters that basically look like extension cords with fingers. Each has four mini-extension cords and I've got outlet to socket adapters on each one. So I now have eight 23w CFLs that I'm going to run in sideways at the top of the container. I've also got a decent fan to install. I apologize for the absence of pics, my camera is broken at the moment, they will be coming along shortly. Thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate it :)

Got an update and some pics for you guys :)
Both seeds popped and were transplanted. They now stand a few inches tall with their first leaves. :woohoo: Needless to say I already feel like a proud parent... ;)
Right now they're in my husband's set up (using T12s) while the final touches are made on their personal storage box set up. I managed to snap some shots with my webcam. As you can see, both of the babies have gotten their first characteristic "marijuana" leaves! It's great to able to kick back after a couple bags off the vape :fly: and watch the little bit of life I've helped along :watchplant:

:D

Snapshot_20081129.jpg

Snapshot_20081129_3.jpg

Snapshot_20081129_4.jpg

yo girl looking good, was cheacking on your sett up an u sould really think of bosting the wattage of them lights. when i was vegging i used 65watt an 85watt cfl's the 85's put out 5k lums, the 65 just under 3k lums worked out good for me. well best of luck girl, an

GREEN MOJO GREEN MOJO GREEN MOJO

Thanks for the mojo ;) Yeah, once they get into their new home they will have much more wattage to enjoy... :)

Got my 5 free Power Skunks from G13 Labs from the Attitude. Just pulling up a chair.

...and we're back

Sorry I've been gone for a bit...the internet's been on an off in the house so it's been difficult to find a time to do an update. The babies are doing very well, getting nice and BIG but have yet to show sex, I plan on switching over to 12/12 in a day or two. Hoping for females, of course. No photos yet, I'll take some here once the lights come on in a couple hours. Having been able to help with the harvesting process of Mr. St00ner's Lowryders, I feel increasingly impatient for my little ones. Once the ballast comes in we will be adding an HPS which should give them an added boost. I also transplanted them to 5 gallon buckets to give the roots plenty of room. Other than that, not too much to report which is both good and bad. I'll add the pics once i can get them.

wellcome back mrs stooner ,,,hope you both had a good xmas ,,,glad to hear the little ones are doing well and lookforward to seeing the progress:p

:48: :48: :48:

Latest posts

Back