1st week of flowering problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcarlin_818

Farmer Gill
Reaction score
Whats up guys? I'm in my first week of flowering and my plants arent looking so hot.I am using flora nova bloom,A N Big Bud,
A N Carbo Load,Liquid Karma.. I think the problem might have been that for about a week I fed them on less than a quarter strength nutes...I have bumped them up about 1 day ago do you guys think this is the problem?? Please help me with this problem as I have alot riding on these plants and need them to be full potential...

HPIM1009.jpg

HPIM1010.jpg

HPIM1011.jpg

HPIM1012.jpg

HPIM1013.jpg

HPIM1014.jpg

I just started them on a 15-on, 90 off cycle..So I should stop giving them nutes ????I have flora-kleen but have never opened it, should I use that to flush the system and then give the plants PH'd Water only?or just use PH'd water from the get go? sorry to ask so many questions...Thanks for the reply much appreciated

I am glad you ask this....I have the same thing but I was told it was normal(not by anyone on this site)...Is it...Dont the leaves turn yellow and fall off when they are budding out?Have my plants been sick all this time?Mine start turning yellow about 3 weeks into flowering....sorry for stealing your question but I think I might have the same thing...Thank you so much for asking this question also I do 12-12 lights cycle and I have 1000whps with 2 t'5s
have a great day and stay safe

leaves go yellow and start falling off in the last weeks of their life cycle IMO, not in the first week of flowering. MJ isn't fully budding until 2 weeks in to the flowering stage (12/12) BUT guys this is based on my own experience with my plants....

I have to stress - you must check things once, twice and three times then check them again, it takes like 2 minutes but if you don't you can end up with big problems (like above) which can be a hard problem to solve, on the other had you will learn from it and take better precautions for next time.

I just ordered a ppm meter maube thats where the problems lie.....Is there any way to take care of this problem camcam????

In that case I think you are giving too much N, I would never feed my ladies without a meter reading first. Best thing you can do is flush the system at least twice, 3 times if you have the time and then feed them them PH-ed water for a couple of days and then go back on to giving N but a really small dose. How big are these plants anyway? got a pic at a distance so I can see the whole plant?

yeah check the link in my signature i have some pics of the girls on their tray....they are about 2 ft something....

I have done and I think they have N burn, do as I said above and you will be fine.

P.S can't you get them 1000w cooltubes closer? I have 3 x 600w HPS in cooltubes and they are 7 - 8" from the tops of my plants, you will notice the differance straight away...

My advice would be to ditch everything but the floranova, at least at first.
You are adding to much, and to not even have a PPM meter you have no idea what your giving them.
everything that is needed for great growth is in the floranova.

Keep it simple, especially when you have problems.

Mix flora nova no higher than 900 -1100 ppm with the size plants you have.
adjust the PH after you have mixed your nutes, should be 5.5-5.9.

So flush out your system then mix the floranova at 500-700 ppm
ADjust PH and see if that helps.

I have been fighting the same thing and have done all that has been said. My PH was fine I flushed them like i said I did it all! It happen to some of my freinds also. Do some of the leave have little orange spots? If they do it is rust ring! It only gets it more and more! I have been told to use EPSOM Salt 1 to 2 tsp per gal. of water do this untill it is gone! I am into 5w of flowering my plants are ok still get bud. But when it hit my freinds one at 5 weeks in it got to the bud he had to pull them! the others it hit at 7 weeks they made it! I could be wrong!! i am just saying what happen to us. Good luck!

I kknow little about hydro, and the Flora nova products, but it doesn't "look" like over nutrification to "me". Unless, possibly 'potasium', which can lock out mg, and other micro elements...
It looks more like a defficiency, IMO.
compare "your" pictures, with the zinc and iron def; plants Nutrient Disorders

Latest posts

Back