(2) 600W HPS -vs- (1) 1000W HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old_SSSC_Guy said:
But no way someone can expect near 1lb per plant indoors; even if you dedicate 1k per plant. I call shenanigans on that one... Total fantasy unless you are counting leaf and stem weight or you are vegging for 4-6 months first; which still remains B-S.

:yeahthat:

I have seen Nchef grow some trees that yielded killer but pulling 1lb a plant without growing trees? Highly doubtful.

So I plant to pull about a pound out of my tent that I posted. If I were to take the 2 600w out and put in a 1k, I would be able to pull 4lbs out of that tent? :eek:

DrFever said:
yes Norcali its true i have started a thread in grow journals have a peak i will get 8 - 12 pounds dry from 3 k of lighting 12 plants
my previous grow whaich was slapped together in heat of summer was 5 plant 4.75 pounds dry 2k

So, your telling me that with 1 -1000 watt light you will get 4 -1 lb plants. Your trippin' bro. Way trippin'.

Your insight on lumens/Lux is afu too man. By your thinking, you can put your lights on the ceiling and all will be well. I totally disagree bro.

I saw your scrog man, and there is no way you are going to clear 4 lbs a light, or even 3, and I highly doubt 2. You be lucky to get 6 for your 3000 watts, and I doubt that too.

I'm till at a lose for your explanation of lumens. If penetration is not effected by distance, then why cut out the undergrowth?

I have seen my share of grows in my time, and my share of methods and growers, and noone is ever claiming 4 lb a light. You are full of it bro, what else can I say.

I don't even have the time to argue with your crazy claims.

All I can say is your doing a great job on your scrogs, the plants are healthy, but your Scale is way off.

I would agree. Think he's saying 3lb per 1k, but I am stoned too. And for the record. When I ran the 32gal, Undercurrent, I had 18, 1k's, vertical. Sealed with CO2 and a 3.5 ton self contained frost box. It was not the best in terms of grams per watt as I was focused on minimum plant count, with high yields. If I ran a light yielder it would be over a lb. If I ran Hindu Kush or AK47, it would be almost triple that. Veg time if I remember was 8 weeks.

Dr.Fever are you possibly using LEOs weight technique? You know, where they weigh the plant, root ball, bucket, and any stray house pets.....just a thought.:rolleyes:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I have a 6 x 3.5' closet that I run either a single 1000W or 2 600W lights in. I am currently running the 1000W and have the 600W in another closet. I always get better yield from the 2 600W lights than the single 1000W. I of course put it down to the increase in lumens and the better spread of the light.

boom

cubby said:
Dr.Fever are you possibly using LEOs weight technique? You know, where they weigh the plant, root ball, bucket, and any stray house pets.....just a thought.:rolleyes:

Lol...:D

2x600s over 1 1K

Cons
Costs more in equipment, replacing bulbs, electricity, and generates more waste heat to be dealt with.
Requires additional amps
More to deal with

Pros
600 more efficient per watt of electricity used.
1200 watts vs 1000 watts
Light is more evenly distributed
Lower individual temps means lights can be closer to the plants.

I use 750w the most on adjustable ballasts. I wish my 600's were 1000.

Latest posts

Back