2 weeks after germination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thedonofchronic said:
sorry if im too late
but if you still dont know what to do,
trash them. read more before starting seeds.
i dont mean that to sound harsh at all bro, it happens
ive trashed seeds by accident too. Youll need regular
straight up potting soil. mix it evenly with a bit of perlite.
youll need to water and feed with a ph of 6.2-6.5
youll need to keep your soils ph within that range as well.
hope this helps happy growing

In fact I have no more optons. I did research enough but the proplem is the lack of needed materials and equipments around. I will just continue what i have and see what i will get. I am satisfied as long one plants is making it so far despite the slow pace it is taking but that all i have. As long I see green leaves I am ok. It is about a lil over inch but i am noticing that the speed of grow is increasing slightly and it would be matter of sometime that the plant will grow faster as time goes by. Wish to hear more thoughts and comment on same proplem.

thedonofchronic said:
just keep hope for the what you still have going.
just dont put too much effort into them
id research, alot. once you have everything you need
and are ready for the curveballs youll be thrown, it will
be alot easier to start up some seeds.

:yeahthat:

I wouldn't get too attached to the last one if you've got room for 3 plants. If that last one turns male you've wasted 3-4 weeks at least, are they expensive seeds? if so then i'd give the last 1 a chance 'n grow it but if i paid average money on them then i'd be germinating 3 more this very minute.(I use the kitchen roll/water method and put them in my boiler storage cupboard and only ever had 2 seeds that never made it through to sexing stage and thats out of 3 packs of 10 seeds - 28 out of 30)

Any updates on that 2nd one?

And as thedonofchronic says you may get some other problems along the way which might end your innings early anyway (see what I did there? :eek:) so yeah research A lot (I read up for 6 months before I started) you'll find the germing/starting off the plant will be one the easier bits once you've done a few grows.

On that note i'd say your setup sounds ok so I'd just put it down to a bit of bad luck - it happens :) give it another go and see how you get on - post back here and let us know - happy to try 'n help.

As said the pearlite would be useful but it's not a must have and I would personally use potting soil as it's always worked for me but many others would use different.

g'luck mate.

platii said:
I think the medium PH i am growing in is 2.5-3.5 ( Peat moss ). that could be an issue i guess because the soil is more acidic. I looked in the nearby store for PH up solution but didnt find any. I heared that bicarbonate sodium would help, any one know how much should i add to water.

You know I gotta learn to read properly lol. I didn't see this, i'd totally agree with THG, thats a reason why I go for potting soil because I know the PH is good (well the one I get is anyway). I didn't know the PH of peat moss so didnt give that a thought.

Yep start again in different soil, even with the slow growth you'd need to PH up your soil for it to stand a chance and even then I don't fancy it's chances, sorry fella :fid: ;)

yeah what i really mean is, its alot easier going into
battle prepared for it. Like when a problem/question comes up
its going to be alot more time consuming making threads asking for help
rather than being really educated and simply answering your own questions
dont get me wrong i ask questions all the time but ive done my research too.
good luck

thedonofchronic

thedonofchronic said:
good luck

thedonofchronic

Amen to that... I did 5 grows back in the day and had to post the odd question or 2 because when you think you've checked everything if something goes wrong you gotta go looking for the answer. Thankfully we have the internet which helps ;

thedonofchronic said:
good luck

thedonofchronic

robbiegy2k said:
You know I gotta learn to read properly lol. I didn't see this, i'd totally agree with THG, thats a reason why I go for potting soil because I know the PH is good (well the one I get is anyway). I didn't know the PH of peat moss so didnt give that a thought.

Yep start again in different soil, even with the slow growth you'd need to PH up your soil for it to stand a chance and even then I don't fancy it's chances, sorry fella
thedonofchronic said:
good luck

thedonofchronic
robbiegy2k said:
I wouldn't get too attached to the last one if you've got room for 3 plants. If that last one turns male you've wasted 3-4 weeks at least, are they expensive seeds? if so then i'd give the last 1 a chance 'n grow it but if i paid average money on them then i'd be germinating 3 more this very minute.(I use the kitchen roll/water method and put them in my boiler storage cupboard and only ever had 2 seeds that never made it through to sexing stage and thats out of 3 packs of 10 seeds - 28 out of 30)

Any updates on that 2nd one?

And as thedonofchronic says you may get some other problems along the way which might end your innings early anyway (see what I did there? ) so yeah research A lot (I read up for 6 months before I started) you'll find the germing/starting off the plant will be one the easier bits once you've done a few grows.

On that note i'd say your setup sounds ok so I'd just put it down to a bit of bad luck - it happens give it another go and see how you get on - post back here and let us know - happy to try 'n help.

As said the pearlite would be useful but it's not a must have and I would personally use potting soil as it's always worked for me but many others would use different.

g'luck mate.

You know my options are few, I have proplem with soil but so far i only found peat moss, one guy told me that peat moss ph 6.5 which is ok, yes it has some nutrients in it, but i think that would still ok and the seed should grow. I also germinated more seeds and started over but they still under soil for 10 days now. I also did one seed in normal backyard dirt to see the difference but that was like 2 days ago. the second sprout is going to die also, so i will have only one that it might make it, but still small and the tiny leaves are still curling tips. The seeds are Bigbud 9 dollars each, I have 4 left.I did research a lot about starting germinating and type of soils, I didnt find a solid information, it is all depends on preferences. So theoretically i should do ok but the reality is a slow growing sprouts. my plant is only a little over an inch after i planted, it stayed about 8-9 days before breaking the soil so it is so far 8 days after it breaks the soil.
I just did a root check on the last remaining plants and i would say that the little tab root has extended and distirbuted to 3 long soft roots about 2 inches or more into the soil and that gave me a little reliefe and willingness to keep that sprout going(it is my hope so far). More germinated seeds coming soon because one plant is not enough to start which should raise the male/female percentage. I know I am way behind the hydroponics systems grow but not sure about the soil grow, I know it is faster to grow using hydroponics system(my next stage later on) but soil not sure really.
Another concern is that i am using 400 MH bulb and it has no hood and it is only 8-10 inches away from the top of the plant. I need to know if I am burning the plants or it is ok, dont forget that the bulb has no hood and it is lighten whole room the plant inso i think it is not intense, please comment.
I will keep updating and have happy times.

OK all my seedlings died.
the last one tried to make it but the peat moss soil i used was too thick and the roots couldnt make it thru to the bottom instead it grew side ways which made a curvy stem then by the weight if the plant the stem broke and it is dead.
I started over yesterday with a potting soil I found lately at the plants store.
hopfully it will do better in this medium.
Also I noticed that the medium I used in the begining formed a white powder looking thing on the top of the soil and at the drainage holes, i thought it is fungus at the begining but one planter told me it might be salt(i think from the water i used). So i am going to use better water quality in my second try. Now the germinated seeds are in the newmedium for one day and will see what will happen in the next week.
see you then.

Hello Weederz,

Are you sure you got full germ in a cup of water? Planting in soil will slow things. Be sure to use some sort of planting cube and DO NOT add nutrients to babies. You'll stunt or kill them. Keep reading and good luck.:)

platii said:
:farm:

Yo yo wsup weederz.

I just got my seeds germinated (Bigbud) and luckily i got 100% germination in a cup of plain water over the fridge. I am new to this and it is a first time grower.

Now it is been 2 weeks in the soil but barely breaking the soil surface ( i dont know why it is taking so long. I also noticed that 2 of the seeds has root broken after fighting with shell and the soil surface ( i still planted the rest of the plant in the soil with little small root left, hopefully it will survive).

I am using indoor potting soil "german peat moss" and it says that it has all the nutrient required for indoor/outdoor plants. ( i wish it is a good soil ) but i am still wondering why it takes the seed so long to grow out off the soil. it is there after germination for exactly 11 days.

I endup with 2 plants that lost 90% of the little root that has been grown ( wondering if it is gonna make it )
I got metal halide 400W bulb but with no hood it is about feet and a half above the plants.

I didnt find any good nutrient but i found 5-3-8 bottle i think it is good for vegging. But till now i didnt find anything for flowering though. ( i hope i will find some for flowering in the next 2 monthes, wondering what would i do if didnt find any good for flowering ).

ok weederz i just thought that i would share my thoughts with you about my little things. And waiting for your analysis about what is going on with my plants and if i am heading the right direction or if i need to change anything to make it happen.

I am waiting for your replays but cant wait to :ccc:

Latest posts

Back