20 days in veg - What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john_peace

Reaction score
Here are some of my plants 20 days in veg,20hrs light.I'm using a 400watt HPS.

What do you think ppl?

IM000247.JPG

IM000248.JPG

Looking pretty good. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

I thik they look good but I would raise the light up some, that might help. the lights intensity is causing the leaves to roll up in a tube and giving the hard ridges. to much intensity stunts growth... raise the light until leaves start to unroll then you know your in the right zone. the leaves will still grow up to the light like a Y and new growth will return to normal.

looking good myfriend! goodluck on the harvest!

trillions of atoms: thanks a lot man!I was wondering why the leaves aren't unrolling.

Crazy Horse:what do you mean by "conditioning"?

Adding some perlite or vermiculite to loosen up the soil. Your plants rots do not like to be constricted. So adding one of those two or both, will make your soil fluffier, therefore letting the roots develope more and create more vigorus growth.

Crazy Horse said:
Adding some perlite or vermiculite to loosen up the soil. Your plants rots do not like to be constricted. So adding one of those two or both, will make your soil fluffier, therefore letting the roots develope more and create more vigorus growth.
Some good advice right here. You'll notice the difference as well if you feel the soil after mixing it in.

Crazy Horse I was thinking about the perlite,but how can I add it now?The plants are already in soil,how can add perlite?

Do you guys think I should start repoting to bigger pots?I removed some of the plants with soil from the pots and I saw that some roots have reached the bottom of the pot.

Check out the attached photo guys,do you think this plant will recover?The leaves look really thin...

IM000251.JPG

The plants are already in soil,how can add perlite?
With difficulty, better wait until you repot
Do you guys think I should start repoting to bigger pots?I removed some of the plants with soil from the pots and I saw that some roots have reached the bottom of the pot.
I'd wait until the root network is well established in the pot.

As regards the plant in the picture, it doesn't look good to me. I'd dump it, but then again I'm confined on space. If it's not leaving you short on space, it can't do any harm to see what happens. All part of the learning curve.

how often are you watering your soil is looking a little dry in these pics dont let all the overwatering hype get you afraid to keep em moist also next time add some perlite to your soil definatly like said above keep it up man these plants are so tough I also would suggest you grow the same strain your first couple runs you will gain more knowalge this way in my opinion

FATBOY said:
how often are you watering your soil is looking a little dry in these pics dont let all the overwatering hype get you afraid to keep em moist

Roots need to breathe, keeping them permanantly moist will kill the plant.

Thanks for the replies ppl.I will try to find some perlite.

I uploaded photos of another plant,it is just bagseed and I'm pretty confident that it's from some outdoor plant,this one in the photo is 26 days in veg,what do you think about it?

4.JPG

4b.JPG

4c.JPG

Latest posts

Back