24-hr vs. 18/6 hr during vegetation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm heading done the center of 20/4 lighting on the grow I'm on. I like it a lot better then 18/6.

I ran 20/4 on my present grow and the girls were showing sex buy the time that they were 5 weeks old which is a week earlier that I would normally do the filp and my girls are almost a foot shorter than the previous grow do to the fact that I was able to flip them early. I will try 24/0 on my next grow.

It deff. Keeps the node space a lot closer. Mine showed sex after 3 weeks but they were clones that I rooted under 24/0

Hushpuppy said:
Hey Hick, when you supercrop do you crush and bend all of your plants' stems or do you just crush some of them without bending to encourage the plant to do repairs to slow down the stretch?
"IME" if you get the stem crushed sufficiently, it will naturally droop, bends over.
All you are trying to do, is restrict the flow upward, and redirect it toward the lower branches.
hxxp://plantphys.info/plants_human/stems.shtml

Thanks :) that is what I was thinking but I wondered if there was any benefit to not crushing it to the point that it will bend and still get the same benefit, but I suspect not. I have used that method before and it is amazing how quickly the plant will repair itself, and stand itself right back up if not held down. :)

I'm lazy with my training, which I call BOG..or Bent Over Girls (giggity:hubba: ). I wait about a week after potting up and take a lady by the top, bend her over till she's parallel to the main stem, then tie her to herself. All the lower branches respond by evening out into a nice equal footprinted canopy (mostly:rolleyes: ) I usually do that right into flower during stretch, first week.

*Another small tip

Run 24/0 for clones, they root MUCH faster

These just rooted, took 6 days:holysheep:

4158c1c1.jpg

I have always used 24/0, partially because I am afraid of wearing out the ballast through on and off every day. This fear may be ungrounded, so to speak. :confused2:

Latest posts

Back