2nd grow YET a new grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the one on the left looks male to me and I can't see the one on the right to be sure. Oh dear.

omg... its 3 plants in there like that. i just took them out. here are better pix

Photo on 2012-09-07 at 21.42.jpg

i cnt seem to load better pix... it was 3 plants in there like that. i took them out

I tried to click on your link but couldn't get see your pics. If they look like the first pic they are males. Sorry.

no biggie. 3 out of 13 isnt bad. now they can all get better light and air too. im not sad tho they were cataract kush :'( i'll be fine. thanx guys

hey guys. quick question. my tent is a little crowded. my plants are in the flowering stage and only has about a month left. The buds are starting to produce but my question is, can i clips some of the fan leaves so all my plants and buds can receive ample amount of light? or would that mess up anything in any way

Fan Leaves are what absorb the light! DONT CUT THEM OFF!!! The buds do not suck in the energy, the fan leaves do. Good luck!

Im in a different scenario being OD currently, but I might say trimming back some for air flow, to keep other issues away might be a good thing if you are crowded. HUGE difference here, hard to understand through vague text. IMO, trimming some fan leaves if they are all super tight in your space might not be a bad idea. Not for light, but lack of air flow. Just dont strip the girls down to buds and branches. They need the fans.

Thank u Ston-loc. I didnt want to chop them completely off, just them a few of the large leave back. Maybe in the middle of the leaf or a little more. what you think? not stem but the actual fan leaves itself, can i trim it back to the middle?

ston-loc said:
Im in a different scenario being OD currently, but I might say trimming back some for air flow, to keep other issues away might be a good thing if you are crowded. HUGE difference here, hard to understand through vague text. IMO, trimming some fan leaves if they are all super tight in your space might not be a bad idea. Not for light, but lack of air flow. Just dont strip the girls down to buds and branches. They need the fans.

I'm by far from experienced, and maybe others will chime in. Not sure on partial leaf clipping, but I don't think it will hurt them trimming some completely off for extra air flow. Just don't go overboard.

GrowLikeU said:
Thank u Ston-loc. I didnt want to chop them completely off, just them a few of the large leave back. Maybe in the middle of the leaf or a little more. what you think? not stem but the actual fan leaves itself, can i trim it back to the middle?

NO! Fan leaves are the solar panels that turn light, food, and air into bud. Buds do not need light to develop, buds need big fan leaves to develop. All the photosynthesis takes place in the green parts of the plants--the fan leaves. Do not cut them.

GrowLikeU said:
they are in flower now. i used bonticare on my last grow.

Looking at the boy in post #40--you don't want to let your boys get this developed before you chuck them. That one looks like it is ready to or already could have dropped some pollen.

I would not clip off any fan leaves to expose buds. If there are a bunch of leaves from one plant covering the leaves of another then you couls cut back a few to expose the other plant more. But the buds don't need as much light as the bud leaves don't produce the energy that the fans do. The fan leaves are the real power-plants of the plant. While the bud leaves do generate chemicals for the plant, they are more for protecting the buds from being eaten by grazing animals. That is why there is always trichomes all over the bud leaves and none on the big fan leaves. :)

im really worried about the middle pic.... or should i be? do it look like something of a male?

20121012_202355.jpg

20121012_202213.jpg

20121012_202248.jpg

Naah, That looks like a girl to me. she just hasn't grown any hair on that thang yet :) Unless theres a stem under that bulb that we can't see from this angle

Latest posts

Back