2'x4' space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohninWI

Reaction score
Hey Guys
I'm trying to re-work my grow cabinet. I the inside is just shy of 2'x4'. I wanted something I could keep fairly closed--for keeping it light tight, also to run a carbon filter and a homebuilt CO2 system

It seemed to work ok with a 400W HPS while I was growing in soil. About once a week I would rotate the plants and put the ones from the corners right under the light.

Anyway, now I built a 16 unit aero system and I won't be able to move the plants after the roots get all tangled together.

Will I have problems with the light being brighter in the middle than the edges? I have 50W/sq ft now which should be plenty. But I'm guessing that guideline is for the plants to be equally spaced around the lamp (ie, roughly 3'x3' rather than roughtly 2x4').

Any thoughts? Could I just move the lamp right and left every couple days or once a week? Or maybe hang CFLs up against the short walls? Or not even worry about it?

The other consideration with the 16 unit aero system is that like other hydro systems, all of your plants must be the same age so that your nutes are correct for each plant. This means you can not harvest one plant every so often, you must harvest everything in batches.

As far as your issue goes, doing 16 plants in an 8 square footprint will be tough. Really your only option is a sea of green in which you trim all growth away from the cola. If it was me I would do an 8 plant SCROG, and dish the screen to the light field so that all points on the SCROG were the same distance from the light. Therefore every plant would receive equal light.

Thanks! I will be starting with clones--same mom, same age so that shouldn't be a problem.

I've never done a hydro-grow before, so I think I'm going with SOG because I've done pretty well with that in soil. But after seeing some amazing photos from Hemp Mistress, ScROG might be the ultimate way to go!

I did re-paint the inside with a good, flat white (I had semi-gloss on there before), and I figure I should be in ok shape.

Thanks!

You could also look into getting a huge reflector. I have been eyeing a few of the 30"+ reflectors they make now.

Latest posts

Back