3/4 gal. pots/coco drain to waste

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
The pots have plenty place to allow drainage, however the pots in center of room were unable to dry out or get air. There is a drain in the floor, when the pot is flat on floor it cant drain well. Any ideas on a means to get pots off floor to allow drainage?

:giggle:

why not drill holes in the sides along the bottom? Just about anything under the pots will work...pencils..skewers...chop sticks..the like....

:48:

If your space is 4x4 or bigger, you can buy plastic lattice from Home depot or Lowes. Cut it to fit the space and set it on bricks or wood blocks and then set the plants on the lattice :)

I appreciate the ideas on this issue, I ended up putting firring strips under the pots.
I looked at the bottom of the pots of the smaller ones to compare to the bottoms of larger ones (all put in same time) What I noticed is that ther are lots of roots sticking out the bottom of the healthy ones as i suspected, and the pots of small unhealthy were very wet,so I am convinced draining is the problem. The small ones are now unhooked from drip until they dry out.

Do you have enough room to place your pots in the 10gal rubbermaid totes? I have found that in a hydro-type pot setup that you will get significant root growth out of the bottoms of the pots. I am honestly not sure if losing this extra rooting will harm the yield of the plant but I suspect it would. Leaving the plants out where the roots are exposed to dry air and light will kill the roots as they grow out from the pots.

For that reason I got the totes(got the idea from The Hemp Goddess) and cut hole in the lids big enough for the pots to sit tightly in the hole so that it hangs in the air inside the tote. Then I drilled hole in the side of totes for water to drain out but maintain a small(1") "mini-rez" so that the roots that hang down will stay wet and hydrated between waterings. This method also keeps them in the dark, which roots like. I wish I had taken a picture of the rootmass that I had under my last set of plants to show you. If you're not sure of what I mean then look through my grow journal titled "stealth cabinets", as I have several pics of my totes and how I have them set up. :)

of ten healthy clones i have 4 healthy plants, not so good, but i am new to hydro and coco and i did learn something, pics soon.

Latest posts

Back