400w HPS light ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsyJiM

Yiiiiha
Reaction score
hello.. :D

Im gonna use a 400w hps lamp for 1-3 plants

is this ok or should i use something else ??

thanks ;)

Most growers determine that by the size of grow room and not the number of plants, but with that being said, Yes a 400 will work for that many plants, if kept a reasonable size.

Here you are again my friend :)

i have one room i dont use in my house so...
im gonna grow there, but its a big room so i think i must find a solusion
becouse i need only 1-3 plants

its an open space,it is ok to put it there in a corner ? or i should put it in "smaller place" ?

i see somewhere some grow tents! it is "Must to Have" if you are going to grow in a big place ?

and i think i will need a MH lamp for the veg perior im right ?

the system i will use is..
Complete Grow Lamp System 400W

Electronically regulated ABT Power Booster - starter and condenser are electronically integrated in the throttle

Ballast can operate BOTH Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium bulbs

The System includes the following:

400W Electronic ballast (ABT) - Power Booster with Thermal Protection
Hammer blow reflector with handle
E40 version bulb holder
400W Philips SON-T PLUS Bulb giving 56,500 lumens!!! with enhanced blue wavelength

You could either try to put them in the corner and seal off an area like 4ft by 4ft or yes a tent is a pretty good option. I have a homebox very high quality love it and it would be about the right size for you probably. The light your getting sounds good definately want to have a digital one with a switchable mh/hps light. Personally i would go with a lumatek but they all work. Anyways good luck with your grow. peace out

PsyJiM said:
Here you are again my friend :)

i have one room i dont use in my house so...
im gonna grow there, but its a big room so i think i must find a solusion
becouse i need only 1-3 plants

its an open space,it is ok to put it there in a corner ? or i should put it in "smaller place" ?

i see somewhere some grow tents! it is "Must to Have" if you are going to grow in a big place ?

and i think i will need a MH lamp for the veg perior im right ?

the system i will use is..
Complete Grow Lamp System 400W

Electronically regulated ABT Power Booster - starter and condenser are electronically integrated in the throttle

Ballast can operate BOTH Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium bulbs

The System includes the following:

400W Electronic ballast (ABT) - Power Booster with Thermal Protection
Hammer blow reflector with handle
E40 version bulb holder
400W Philips SON-T PLUS Bulb giving 56,500 lumens!!! with enhanced blue wavelength

Yeah your either going to have to box the corner off or is there a closet in the room??? or tent it up.. i love my tent.. i know theres others who love theres.. hehehehe.. umm you can go with the MH for veg.. personally i use the HPS all the way through.. i dont like the factor of using 400w and getting less lumens as you do from a mh.. so i just flower and veg hps..
personal choice once again..
you wont be getting 56 500 lumen from your MH...
LH

do you have a closet available? I like to grow that way and hang the light from the clothing bar..

I have a closet but i dont know how much high in "CM's" are the plants, so i cant be sure puting them there...

here we dont use inches/gallons.
we use cm/litres.

To..LEFTHAND

I was think the same bud..using the HPS lamp will be nice.

PsyJiM said:
I have a closet but i dont know how much high in "CM's" are the plants, so i cant be sure puting them there...

here we dont use inches/gallons.
we use cm/litres.

To..LEFTHAND

I was think the same bud..using the HPS lamp will be nice.

LOL:rofl: LOL... same here man.... liters and cm's hehe.. lol
gotta learn to convert.. hehe.. or the comp sure helps....
and when it comes to the size of the closet height wise you would put them into flower accordingly.. however its spelt.... lol... whats the dimentions of your closet.. its probally perfect.. if not a lil short..
LH

My closet has ..

1.60m height
85cm width
55cm depth

i just checked it :D

what do you think ?

:fly:

1'x2'x5' closet.. tiny closet.. lol be honest get a tent or box off a corner of the room.. that will be good to veg a mom and clone up top.. or how ever .. but nahhhhh.. you can get better use out of your 400w.. i was hoping you were gonna say it was like 2'x4'x5' something like that heheh.
LH

You were hoping i have a tiny room ha ? :D
I think ill do something in my room's corner..
but what ? i dont think a paper box would be a good solution.. dunno...

PsyJiM said:
You were hoping i have a tiny room ha ? :D
I think ill do something in my room's corner..
but what ? i dont think a paper box would be a good solution.. dunno...

come on man ya gotta be creative.. .your a pot head.. ive seen grows in paper boxes b4.. lol.. you could make a box.. thats simple.. lol of wood or of wood and black/white polly.. find an old wardrobe.. where theres a will theres a way..
LH

LEFTHAND said:
come on man ya gotta be creative.. .your a pot head.. ive seen grows in paper boxes b4.. lol.. you could make a box.. thats simple.. lol of wood or of wood and black/white polly.. find an old wardrobe.. where theres a will theres a way..
LH

hahahah ok bro ill be ;)

Latest posts

Back