4u new experiment 5 strains on 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
Hello friends..i been wanting to experiment with grafting in order to get a multiple strain plant..
Some do this method to maintain plant count while haveing multiple strains on one(i.e. 5 plants that have 6 strains on each) plant..My hopes is to
have atleast 4..I have taken the "base" plant ( Blue Mt.Jamaica X Chronic "08" )..and cut off top...I then
put some clonX gel over and in stem..I then took a clipping from "Star Gazer" that was same size as "base" I did a cut and scarf under water..then dipped in cloneX
I then cut down the 'base" and inserted the first scion:aok: I made a make shift dome and am on the look out for a better one..I found these little clipps that dont
clamp hard and seem to work well. This is My first go at it and am very excited..

Heres a vid of MidnightGardners 6 strain hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGhWLaTopL4
Love it my friend:aok:

and as allways all criticism welcomed

DSCF4123.JPG

DSCF4125.JPG

DSCF4126.JPG

DSCF4127.JPG

DSCF4128.JPG

DSCF4129.JPG

wow u like a challenge! lol

cool man, sounds interesting :)
i'll follow along :watchplant:

Thanks for stopping in and fallowing along...Heres the Plan...every 2 weeks Ill add a new clip...

Base.....Blue Mt****
star Gazer..
purplebud...
cali orange...

Thats the goal..and if can continue to add...Happy Hollidays...:48:

very exciting I cant wait to see it bud....wow.

wow! sounds great. best of luck, but you already have a green thumb .

Do you live in a castle with lightning bolts striking the top? lol...sounds like the story of Frankenstein...Can't wait to see what kind of Monster you cook up 4u...

OMG! 4U, that is too cool for words. I am pulling my chair up and doing wheelies in anticipation of the good things to come. This is just STELLAR!
Oh, boy....can't wait.

Do you live in a castle with lightning bolts striking the top? lol...sounds like the story of Frankenstein...Can't wait to see what kind of Monster you cook up 4u...
:rofl: :yeahthat:

i cant wait to see the results/progress 4u.
im standing by :48: patiently waiting your results and im a try this wit a younger host/base palnt.
i think tahts wat my problem was i told ya bout in kaly's thread, was the stem of the scion and host were too woody

thanks for sharrin 4u

Outstanding 4u!
Been very curious about grafting for a while. How cool would it be to have 1 mother with 4 or 5 strains on it.
Good Luck! I will be patiently watching and learning..

Don't you think that clothes pin might squeeze a little to hard? Very interesting 4u let us know when it takes.

I think your next challenge should to try a grow with your medium stuck to the wall, a sideways grow.

the chef said:
I think your next challenge should to try a grow with your medium stuck to the wall, a sideways grow.

Haha! Some "upside down pots"! I've seen those around, can't remember the name though..

4U, I was wondering when someone was going to take this up in serious fashion. Looks like you are about to... 5 strains, one plant. Ok, I'm in!

Ima wondering... You think there is a way to do this, but practice some bonzai techniques at the same time? This thing has the potential to become very large, me thinks.

Good luck bro!

Ima wondering... You think there is a way to do this, but practice some bonzai techniques at the same time?
this is exactly whats drivin my interest in this, NV.
i got the perfect lil bonzai for it too :hubba:

That is very cool. So, every two weeks you add another to the top, and so on?

Way cool trick for a stoner to do! LMAO
Good work, 4u

Wow, man...when you gave someone advice once you said they could graft it...I thought you were kidding, I laughed when you posted that comment, now you have me on the edge of my seat...too cool man! I can't wait to see how this turns out for you! Good Luck man! I'm rooting for you (pun intended)!

I have been thinking about this. They have grafted fruit trees like pears and apples for years on strong quince root stock. Why does mj have to be grafted to a female mj plant? Why not a strong male plant? Why not a different plant species altogether? Just thinking out loud. This could end up as a cool experiment. Or, somebody smart could just tell benny to fuggedaboudit, lmao.

Are the nutrient requirements the same for all the different types of plants you are going to graft? I could see some issues cropping up. Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back