4u new experiment 5 strains on 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
420benny said:
I have been thinking about this. They have grafted fruit trees like pears and apples for years on strong quince root stock. Why does mj have to be grafted to a female mj plant? Why not a strong male plant? Why not a different plant species altogether? Just thinking out loud. This could end up as a cool experiment. Or, somebody smart could just tell benny to fuggedaboudit, lmao.

The Male question is a great one and im lookng into tht as well...i asked on another forum...I dont see why not as long as your only useing it for a root stalk..I have a Fmale and have left some her there..im new to this and learning ...But it can nd has been Done..And lets not go to the THC tomatoes okay:p ...

AcesUp said:
Are the nutrient requirements the same for all the different types of plants you are going to graft? I could see some issues cropping up. Just something to think about.

:confused:

:eek:

Ill let ya know when i get there...Thats a valid point;)

4u2sm0ke said:
Thanks for stopping in and fallowing along...Heres the Plan...every 2 weeks Ill add a new clip...

Base.....Blue Mt****
star Gazer..
purplebud...
cali orange...

Thats the goal..and if can continue to add...Happy Hollidays...:48:

Sad news I dont think the Star Gazer is gonna make it...I will watch the side shoots and work on those...I also grafted a PurpleBud to a Purple Frosting clone..will update as we grow..Thanks for stopping in..IMO...this is like cloneing and takes payshents(sp):rofl: man inm high..take care and be safe

sorry to hear about round 1 being a failure, but I'm exited to see you succeed at this. I'm subscribed and ready to follow along 4 this one!

sorry to hear about the clone smoke:cry: Are you sure you used water?:p :D

hey 4u heres a pic of my mom i told ya i tried the grafting thing on.
i drew arrow where i tried it. i lost the branch was all.
im sure i didnt do it right but oh well. i now know one way that for sure doesnt work :rofl:
but i mean i would love to have a different strain on each of the four main frame branches on her. now that'd be cocky :hubba:
you think its doable with her even from all you've reserched on grafting? i think my prob was the stem of my mom and the scion were both too woody

once i get a mom or two going from the beans i finally broke down and ordered i may consider givin it another whirl.
i wanna do it anyway, but will i accomplish it... :confused2:
cant wait to see your new approach if any tho :aok:
good luck :48:

wat you think bout grafting MJ to ya toms next year there :aok:
of all the things you can find a video or pix of on the internet, i have yet to find any imagery or any sort of mj and toms grafted together.
you know of any by chance

Haha zip....we ha this talk sumer befor last ...search THC tomatoes..lol....as for your Bosai and grafting to hard wood...I read ya wanna drill a hole the diamiter of the scion being used...be sure not to do to deep in stalk and at a down word direction...then use hormone and scarf scion and dip and stick...I aint tried so thats what I read....I have a few diffrent attempts going now and will Update with pics as something happens...But Ill get it :aok:

ah i c now.
i took a scion off my other mom i had of other strain and cut a scion from a stem off her taht matched in girth etc to the branch on my bonzai mom, both were woody, and i did the wedge style graft and put a bandaid on it lol
well not actually a bandaid but a medical bandage style tape thats not sticky but more that it adhere's to itself when wrapped.
i figured if i used anythin wit adhesive it would contaminate it :confused2:
but i also never used any rooting horone either. nor did i wrap a bag round it to keep humidity up LOL. so ya i failed miserable.
the way "how not to graft" is wat i learned so far :rofl:
but i think before i give another go at it im a wait til after i get my mothers next root trimming out the way to make sure she's healthy and not stressing etc first.
she's bout due for a root trim soon too.

but til then im a watch you show me all the other ways "how not to graft" LOL jk 4u.
i hope it works for ya, it'll boost my morale on doin it too.
:aok:
:48:

:ciao:

DF99*****.....and cali orange;)

DSCF4343.JPG

DSCF4345.JPG

DSCF4346.JPG

DSCF4347.JPG

DSCF4350.JPG

DSCF4351.JPG

DSCF4352.JPG

DSCF4353.JPG

DSCF4354.JPG

DSCF4355.JPG

DSCF4413.JPG

DSCF4415.JPG

Wow, 4U---what's going on in those pictures?
Any update on StarGazer? Did she make it?
And how about the PB/PF clone?

This is the most fascinating thread! 4U, you're making us drool, here....

excellent pics! but i'm confused, why tie the two together? is there some kind of graft goin on?

just leave us scratchin our heads!! probly ROFLHAO at us! $$

Hello mojave and fa$t..thanks for stopping in..:48:

Sorry thaught the pics would explain better hen my spelling:p

as ya can see i have 2 diffrent size plants..well My hopes was to have the same size plants to start so the cali orange beeing smaller i placed on top of and upside down pot..I taped them togather and have velcro between the two containers helping hold then togather..I then crossed the two plants and noted where they conected...I then made my cuts and placed them togather..the tops was wilted the first day..but second day standing tall...Im gonna leave the bandage on for a couple weeks...when i see new growth we will remove tape and hope there is a swollen knuckle...once the graft is done I can the chos what "base i wanna use...Im leaning toward the cali as its the smaller one...As for the PB grafted to PF its pretty shrivveled..lol..and didnt want post them up...hope this helps explains..take care and be safe

thank you, DRFRANKENSMOKE, now i follow ur process. pics were very good tho.

so sorry to make you type it all out :rolleyes: $$

Next week:
"The Island Of Dr 4U2Smoke" :eek:
bloody hell! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back