5days after watering, soil dry, leaves not drooping..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
Alright, Im a noob, but Im starting to get a feel for watering..
My plants are almost a month old.. Germinated seeds were put in the soil on the 4th and sprouted 2 days later..
Last time I watered I waited 5 days.. Well today is day 5 since the last watering and the soil is dry about a little over an inch down, but the leaves arent drooping yet..
Do yall think I should go ahead and water today or wait till tomorrow?

thanks

Because soil has such a high conductivity it is able to keep the water suspended within it self much longer then most mediums. if the pot and plant as a whole when lifted are considerably light, then i would water with Ph balanced water. On the other hand if the pot is heavy then i would let it go some more; furthermore the roots directly 1''-2'' deep in the soil are used to breath oxygen and can be suffocated due to overwatering, also critters like fungus nats' are attracted at that stage of overwatering as well.

I found that after a couple grows in the same pots you will find you can tell when they need water by the wieght of the pots, so I'm sure you'll get the hang of it! In the mean time I think your doing it right just stick your finger down a couple inches and if it feels dry I'd water.

Phatpharmer

hmmm ya I still havent gotten the feel of the weight of a watered pot vs a pot that needs watering.. maybe Ill get a feel for it this watering..i dont have a scale that I can put the pot on..

thanks guys

I wouldnt wait for the leaves to wilt...drying them out that much is hard on them...watering by weight is definately the easiest way that i have found...dont need a scale...just pick up the pot right after you water then keep checkin it out as it drys...you will get the feel for it...

Here is a PH chart out of the resource section...

Nutrient_Chart.jpg

great. looks like 6.5 is perfect! i went a little too low last time, and the light got a little close, but they are doing great. i fed them today with 1/4 strength big bloom and grow big!

Relentless999 said:
great. looks like 6.5 is perfect! i went a little too low last time, and the light got a little close, but they are doing great. i fed them today with 1/4 strength big bloom and grow big!

That shows some good self control R999... It's hard to fight the temptation to water too often but keep doing what you're doing and your root structure will be awesome and you'll be much happier at harvest time. What happens under the soil is directly reflected in your yield.

Rock ON!:headbang2:

yeah waterings just all about getting the hang of it, like pp said.
some people will tell you stick your fingers in, some will say lift the pot,
some will say wait till the leaves droop slightly. Theyre all the same thing, do them all. after a while, youll just know.

Latest posts

Back