600w mh/hps enclosed vent hood ventilation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhappy324

love ,peace , never cease
Reaction score
Can anyone please explain best way to ventilate a 4'x2'x6' tent. I am over thinking this bad.. I will be using a 600w mh for vegging and a 600w hps for flowering. I will ventilate hot air out the top with a inline fan, does this mean I need to pull cool air in through ducting over the light and into tent also using an inline fan. Or just have cool air for light and ducting out other side and use passive air vents intake at bottom of tent for cool air

Hook duct work to air cooled reflector.
The other end of reflector you can hook up a carbon filter if you want or you can put filter at the exhaust side of fan. Use the passive intakes at the bottom of the tent

Be sure you get the right type of fan. Get a centrifuge type fan and not a duct booster fan. Do not connect the carbon filter until you need it which will probably be in flowering.

So, without the filter, it is: hood>ducting>fan>ducting to outside the tent. If space is tight, you can locate your fan outside of the tent. Things run best with the least amount of bends in the ducting, so try not to have any sags and no more bends and turns than necessary. Generally, like duck mentioned, we run passive intakes.

Latest posts

Back