600W VHO T12's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
hXXp://cgi.ebay.com/MERCRON-BALLAST-MODEL-FCC16192-2-120-NEVER-USED_W0QQitemZ390165143862QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad7a7a136

Ballast for a 600W T12 VHO fluoro setup. (VHO = very high output)
I'll leave it to the fluoro growers to comment on this cos I have no idea.

2, F96T12VHO bulbs put out about 28,000 lumens, not the most efficient for 600 watts.

I think some of the newer vho ballasts are a little more efficient.

:yeahthat: .....
if your gonna run 600w @ 28K L.. you mise well run a 250w HPS/MH or heck even a 400w HPS/MH...
LH

After going over and over this same question I came to that exact same conclusion as LEFTHAND above -MH/HPS combo system was the way for me (other than sprouting seedlings under a couple of cheap fl grow tubes), actually saving money and producing healthier plants in the long run. I found a 400watt MH/HPS system with reflector and digital ballast for $170, brand new on ebay (and that includes shipping) -well worth the money in the end imo. Matt

yo man if your looking for just vegging lowe's and home depot have 4' T-12 fixtures already set to go. They also just sell the ballast's if you wanted to build your own fixture set up. I think T-5 ballast are only 30 dollars at most places and that's the route I'd rather take while vegging or for use for clones.

hugs4nuggs420 said:
yo man if your looking for just vegging lowe's and home depot have 4' T-12 fixtures already set to go. They also just sell the ballast's if you wanted to build your own fixture set up. I think T-5 ballast are only 30 dollars at most places and that's the route I'd rather take while vegging or for use for clones.
Might wanna try out Wal-Mart.They have double bulb T12's for 10$+
work great for sproutin and veg..
LH

leafminer said:
28K L is pathetic for 600W.
:yeahthat:

I'm getting 20K L from just 220W. A 2' 2 tube T5 unit that HG turned me on to. 10K L each @ 110W and I have 2.

DD

Latest posts

Back