7th day of flower, plant appears to be dying.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poop-dog

alright alright alright
Reaction score
The top half appears to be fine however the bottom half is steadily getting worse.

I bought a new ph kit bc my other one was years old and I figured why not. The new test shows about 2 points ( as in a ph of 8 is now 6) lower than my old. I also started my bloom nutes 4 days ago and also started using molasses.

I looked at the plant Monday and it had 7 leaves that turned yellow and upon a slight touch they fell. They where all towards the bottom/middle of the plant. Today there are about another 7 or so. Could it be nute burn? Could a ph swing be the culprit? I have read that in flowering the leaves due turn yellow but they do not fall off. My runoff is the same as the watering, 5.5 to 6 now. I am using general hydroponics bloom nutes. I used 13cc's of nutes to 2 1/4 quarts of water mixed with a little less than 1 tsp of molasses. I used half the pitcher to water so about 7ccs/7ml and 1 quart of water. I have a feeling it may have been to much nutes.

Please help.

555.png

666.png

777.png

From what you've said, it seems as though your pH is a bit low. Try to raise the pH up to about 6.5 or so. Do this by adjusting your watering solution to the proper pH, and hopefully, the pH of the soil will change accordingly.

What kind of pH meter are you using? Are you using a digital one? A digital meter is the best way to go.

That royally blows. I'm a newbie getting ready to go to flower, so I am watching this thread for the answers as well. I hope your situation turns for the better.

Why the molasses? I've never heard of that.

Yeah get yourself a digi ph pen..best thing I ever did...
Here is a link to a good one for a bargain price....hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html

xx to tt

I am just using a solution that you add 7 drops to 5ml of the water, shake, then compare to the chart. I did not know that a slightly low ph could cause so many leaves to drop.

****-dog said:
I am just using a solution that you add 7 drops to 5ml of the water, shake, then compare to the chart. I did not know that a slightly low ph could cause so many leaves to drop.

If your ph is off enough it will cause nute lockout...then it is as if you are not feeding her even though you are....

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah get yourself a digi ph pen..best thing I ever did...
Here is a link to a good one for a bargain price....hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html

xx to tt

I got a digy pen . . a Milwaukee one. It was tough to calibrate, but its simple to use and reads spot on.

Scary (1st hydro grow) that a little drop/rise in PH can make that big of a difference. :eek:

ElJefe1971 said:
I got a digy pen . . a Milwaukee one. It was tough to calibrate, but its simple to use and reads spot on.

Scary (1st hydro grow) that a little drop/rise in PH can make that big of a difference. :eek:
I love my Milwaukee pen...i used to use those strips...they suck..They had said my tap water was a bit below 7...when I tested it with the pen it was almost 9....:eek:

Well the local aquarium store has the Milwaukee for $35. Gonna go pick it up.

****-dog said:
Well the local aquarium store has the Milwaukee for $35. Gonna go pick it up.

It will be a very worth while investment p-d...ph is such an important part of the growing process....

Yo Poopie D...

You want your runoff to be closer to 6.5 and you have some leaf curl that's maybe from slightly overfeeding but overall your plant looks pretty healthy to me. I think what you're running into is leaves could be yellowing and falling off due to lack of light down low inside your dense canopy. This is normal. I'm guessing that maybe you're using fluoros for lighting? Light looks like maybe it's not getting down through all the upper leaves to penetrate that low. It's best to 'leaf' ;) them on the plant and let them fall off on their own as the plant knows when to get rid of leaves it can't support. Many growers clear out a lot of the lower growth while in veg to open up the canopy for better air movement through the buds. I prefer to remove most or all of my lower branches but I leave as many leaves as I can cuz that's where all the plant's energy comes from...

Peace!:cool:

I just checked my batch of water and it read 6.2 with the Milwaukee. I have a feeling the batch I watered with the last time should be the same. Should I not worry about the lower leaves? I definitely do not want it to get worse. I have the 5 cfl's just for the bottom half since my main light prob cant penetrate to the bottom. It is getting a little warm in there but I crack the door to help out and all is well.

You mentioned air movement. Could that be the culprit? I have plenty of air moving at the top but toward the bottom there is really nothing.

I went light on the nutes to avoid nute burn. Is this definitely not nute burn? So close, but so far....

I think overall your plants look good..I wl not sweat it..the lower parts always sem to get dinged up a bit and look worse for wear...

Thanks all. I was really pissed when the lights came on today!

Latest posts

Back