7thG's Northern Lights Micro Cabinet Grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so a simple glass of water i dont think would work

Re-read my post above heh :D My shot glass of water that I never changed the water in worked for 2 out of 3 clones. Which this is also after they failed in rapid rooters within a clone dome for 48 hours. It was my first experience cloning ever. The day before I just toasted 12 clones. This time I took 3 before sending into flower, and when I almost toasted these 3 I resorted to just tall shotglasses of water. No nutes... I agree, I would give the very SLIGHTEST bit of like Rapid Start or Grow or some slight nute, but I didn't and got 2 out of 3 :aok:

You do have great info though Sunakard!

I have a DIY bubble clone tutorial I need to put up. I think right now would be a great time to do so. Will link here if you want (it's your thread) or PM you the thread when I make it. Or you can just browse the threads :)

Will be ready in a few moments.

Dr. Green Fang said:
I have a DIY bubble clone tutorial I need to put up. I think right now would be a great time to do so. Will link here if you want (it's your thread) or PM you the thread when I make it. Or you can just browse the threads :)

Will be ready in a few moments.

Dr.G please feel free to post anything you want. Advice, comments, links whatever. Sunakard has given me a lot of useful info but you also have been a tremendous help to me!:48:

So today I was out running some errands and figured I would stop by my Hydro store while I was in the area. I picked up some rockwool cubes and some cheap cloning gel. So if my cuttings don't take root I will be able to use this instead of my ghetto honey method. I will probably order some more things online this weekend.

I checked the price on the Azamax while I was there. It is $75 like I thought but it is for a 16oz bottle so that's not too bad I guess.

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3064.JPG

IMG_3065.JPG

I want to take clones but I don't want to cut anymore branches off my babies because then I would have to veg them for at least a couple more weeks on top of the 2 weeks already guaranteed.

IMG_3049.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

IMG_3057.JPG

hXXp://www.ebay.com/itm/General-Hydroponics-Azamax-16oz-ounce-pint-pest-control-pesticide-organic-omri-/400434118123?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item5d3bbbbdeb

Looks like it's $55.00 free shipping to your door, for 16 OZ.

I get a 20% discount at my Hydro store, so a lot of things I buy there are a lot cheaper than online. With that said, I think it's an unsung rule of thumb that hydro stores SUPER mark up their nutes. :)

Now, I'll just buy my liquids online, unless I need it within 1 day.

As for your purchases, awesome! Better than water and a shot glass hah! I've heard Rockwool works great when you take the proper precautions... as in PH the cubes ahead of time. Basically, you just soak the cubes in PH'd water (Will look up what PH right now) for 24 hours or something. I've never used it so I don't really know. :D

aah 75 for the 16oz that makes alot more sence lol, but still as DrG said thats still a bit over priced, my local HTG store has 16 oz for i wanna say 56 bucks, so its a safe bet your store is doing some marking up for their own sake. not that thats a bad thing but there is cheaper out there. and as DrG said i too noticed alot of hydro stores marking things up stupid high, heck theres another store near me that wants 28-30 bucks for a quart of nutes from the General Organic line, at the HTG i go to they are 18-20 bucks tops as compaired to the 28-30 bucks, im super happy with their prices, there is defently a reason that more and more High Tech Garden Supply stores are opening up in Medical states, even a new one opened up just 2 and a half miles from me so i dont have to go to the one i used to go to that was 18 miles away. gotta love it XD, well best of luck with your honey clones lol if all else fails im sure with a semi warm dish of water you can clean off most of the honey and apply some root gel and stick in a rockwool cube, rather then taking more clippings, cuz i agree i wouldnt take anymore at this point, especially since you dont know the sex for sure yet.

There is a root looping out of the soil....
I decided to do some cloning instead of waiting for my ghetto clones to root or not. I started by taking them out making new cuts dipping them in the root gel and starting them over in rockwool cubes. I had a :doh: moment because while I was doing this I lost track of which one came out of the marked cup. I have tape on one of my pots and the corresponding clones gets a piece of tape on the cup. So I'm not sure what the purpose of these clones will be but in any case I took two more clones, one from each plant.
I read the cloning tutorial in the Propagation section to brush up. My method was as follows. I took the cut. Made a 45 degree cut. Let sit in the root gel. I made a hole in the cube with tweezers to get a snug fit instead of using the stock location. I was going to soak the cubes in water but I decided to add one capful of big bloom to Poland Springs and soak them in that. Then I placed the cutting into the cube about 1 inch. The amount of water to leave in the cube was a little tricky. I decided to soak the cube and then give in one gentle squeeze. Before I put the cubes in the cup I had it in my mind they wouldn't fit all the way down and would go in about halfway but they were smaller than I thought. Each cup gets a bag held by rubber band. I previously had them in my grow cabinet but I think they will be better off outside of it.
Anyway here is some pics of the process.

I also snapped a pic of what appears to be full alternating nodes on my smaller bushy plant!

IMG_3066.JPG

IMG_3067.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3070.JPG

IMG_3072.JPG

IMG_3073.JPG

IMG_3075.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3080.JPG

IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3082.JPG

I'm putting the clones into 12/12 starting tonight. It was hard to find a branch to clone on my bigger plant. The bushier one it wasn't even noticeable. I really need to let my plants go about 2 weeks undisturbed after this.

I purchased a second fan today. I've been having a little trouble with temps lately.

I also switched the CFL's for my HPS. My plants are growing up and the shaded spots were starting to add up. I now have 16,000 lumens in a
16"x16" area! I have a very temporary setup right now but I plan on getting a little done today on my ventilation.

Going in I wasn't sure what I was trying to accomplish with the LST'ing but I must say I am happy with the results. I don't think I will be doing it to my other plant though. I wanted to limit the vertical growth and try to rebound from all the trimming and clones. Hopefully this helps.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I COULD PURCHASE A PYREX LENS LIKE THE ONES THAT COME WITH AIR COOLED REFLECTORS?

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3085.JPG

IMG_3086.JPG

IMG_3092.JPG

awe aint it cute, looks like my northern lights plant, so much horizontal growth i just cant wait to flower this NL and see all its amazing tops XD good lookin and keep up the good work.

sunakard2000 said:
awe aint it cute, looks like my northern lights plant, so much horizontal growth i just cant wait to flower this NL and see all its amazing tops XD good lookin and keep up the good work.

Thanks Sunakard I'm really glad I did it. Seems like it opens up the plant so every part gets hit by the light. Only problem is it takes up more of the already very limited space in my cabinet so some changes are definitely on the horizon. Your Northern Lights plant was definitely a part of my inspiration so that might explain why they look so similar haha! Damn I wish we could trade a bud or two after harvest lol.

lol right... after my NL bounced back from being topped/fimmed on multiple branches as well as being tied down whihc took about 2 weeks i went and took clones, i took the 4 largest main branches i tied down and topped those and then i searched for the 2 largest under growth branches that were opened up to light when i first tied down the plant, i plan on taking at least 12 more clones from it, topping each time to produce twin tops on a majority of the branches on the plant so its a bushy beast when i eventualy flower it after new years. with any good luck ill manage to keep it a squat yet tall bush with loads of tops rather then a short fluffy bush that takes up alot more area., if that makes sence lol. either way keep it up man its lookin good. keep in mind that if needed you can tighten up the branches you have tied down to pull them down further and closer in, thus taking up slightly less area outside the area of the pot. but from the size it is now id say you defently swapped to hps and 12/12 at the right time, any longer and you may have had some serious space problems, but you look like you should be good with a little more training as the plant stretches in the first 2 weeks of 12/12. just keep things as even as possible for as long as you can and youll be fine

hey 7th seams like your getting along good. if you need better lightng the try wall mart they have plug and play shop lights for like 20$ each here the link.
hxxp://walmart.com/ip/Lights-of-America-8045E-Lights-of-America-4-Solid-State-Shop-Light-White/19759624

I hate Walmart. Go to Target or something. Dont give them bastages a penny.

Sin inc said:
hey 7th seams like your getting along good. if you need better lightng the try wall mart they have plug and play shop lights for like 20$ each here the link.
hxxp://walmart.com/ip/Lights-of-America-8045E-Lights-of-America-4-Solid-State-Shop-Light-White/19759624

I don't think those would qualify as better lighting. I'm not sure if they are even the correct spectrum for growing. And, they definitely won't fit in my grow space. Thanks anyway

7thG said:
I don't think those would qualify as better lighting. I'm not sure if they are even the correct spectrum for growing. And, they definitely won't fit in my grow space. Thanks anyway
yes but its cheap and you can get bulb 3000k and 6500k for these fixtures and you can overdrive
them. its a starting point plus thier only 10$. you c:holysheep: an buy 2 and stand them on thier side. i can say they work because thats what i started off with. thier cheap so you can take them apart rewire them and use the ballast as a 4bulb 2foot overdrive fixture. since the 4foot ballast are 2 time more then the 4foot.
its a good money saver and it works just fine ive been growing for a long time and there nothing wrong with making the cheap work for you.

I decided to train my other plant today and had a slight disaster. Before I attach the string I loosen the branch up for a couple minutes until it is flexible. I did that with no problem. But somewhere in between that and attaching the string it split. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid IDK how it happened. The good news is I think my plant will recover. It is just a split no branch was lost. I tried to put a twist tie on it but it doesn't seem to be helping that much. Hopefully it will heal stronger.

Some of these pics are before I trained my second plant just showing off the weird effects of a camera tripping on HPS.

IMG_3113.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3127.JPG

IMG_3129.JPG

if you dont use something to wrap that break you stand a good chance of loosing both sides of the split. cotton gauze and twist ties work for me when that happens

ozzydiodude said:
if you dont use something to wrap that break you stand a good chance of loosing both sides of the split. cotton gauze and twist ties work for me when that happens

Can you elaborate a little bit.

I thought I had some cotton balls but I cant find them. Should I cut the strings and support my plants with sticks its been like this for a while now so I think all hope of rejoining it is gone. Each side of the split seems thick enough so I'm hoping everything will be ok.

Latest posts

Back