8 weeks flowering sativa, sudden change in behavior

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the pictures on your last post are the most recent, I think I see some recovery if my eyes are not mistaken.
I would make sure that your pots are drained well and try letting your plant have a longer dry cycle.
Try feeling down into the peat moss to see how wet it is.
If you go down a couple inches and it is saturated, leave it to dry for a while.

I know I've heard of instances where peat moss was too "hot" but can't surmise if that is it.
but they are looking better!
Keep it green!!
:)
Gb

Peat moss tends to run on the acidic side and holds moisture too well for mj. I think that has something to do with the leaf curl. Good learning grow, though.

pcduck said:
The pistils can die at anytime, does not mean plant is ready to harvest.
Yes, I know that, what I'm asking is if the trichs will turn amber before that. In other words, I shouldn't be worried about trichs becoming amber before all pistils die, correct?
GeezerBudd said:
I think I see some recovery if my eyes are not mistaken.
If you mean recovery from the nute burn, yes, she has recovered well after I flushed her. If you mean recovery from the growth spurt, today it seemed like the growth has slowed down indeed, this morning I thought the top would be closer to the lights than what it actually was. Also, today I noticed most pistils on the lower buds have either become red or started to, so I guess it won't be long before I chop them off and leave the rest to mature.
GeezerBudd said:
Try feeling down into the peat moss to see how wet it is.
420benny said:
Peat moss tends to run on the acidic side and holds moisture too well for mj.
I'm watering every six days, I originally thought this was too much for a flowering plant so I got a moisture meter to help me decide the right time to water. Even when the top of the soil is dry, this thing won't tell me to water before the sixth day, so I guess the soil does keep moisture well.

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

Hi KriKri-

I know it's strain specific, so this is anecdotal experience only- but my last sativa grow never really showed amber, just cloudy- and I gave one plant close to 14 weeks.

But, I was still getting white pistils and had plenty of red (dying) pistils.

So, that being said, IMO you could have some of your trichs go amber while still having white pistils.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

My experience is that you will keep haveing white pistils, as long as you are getting new growth, and at the same time old pistils will be dieng. This is why most of us go by trich color. I know that the books say that if the pistils are 3/4 of the way dead it is a good sign that it is time to harvest, but, I have found this to not always be true. Not only is it hard to guage what 3/4 is when new pistil growth is still happening, but I have found that with many strains the pistils change, and the trichs are not jiving at the same time. IMO checking trichs is the only way to tell when it is time to harvest. I think if you try to go by the pistils, you will end up harvesting way too early.

Latest posts

Back