A Greenhorn's 2nd Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

key2life

Reaction score
Hey folks - back for a second go 'round. Was going to try an outdoor grow, but we've had more rain this year than in the last 30 years or so and with it more bugs and molds and mildews than I can ever remember. So, I decided to bring my 2 remaining girls inside and try and get them grown up to be respectable ladies. :D

I have one SickMeds Chupacabra (and I lost one) and one Cannetics Pakistan18xNepal. They've been in FFOF for 1 week now, with 600w MH dialed to 450w for now. They're about 9" tall now.

They were getting washed out and eaten up with spider mites outdoors. They've been in for a couple of weeks nowand the P18xN seems to be getting a mag deficiency (?) - see 3rd picture. I treated it with epsom salts yesterday (half tsp/gal) - does this seem like what it might be? Any input would be appreciated. It does seem darker green today, but it might be wishful thinking - see last pic.

I'll try and keep weekly updates like last time, and am stoked to be at this new hobby a second time!

Peace,

:icon_smile::icon_smile: key :icon_smile::icon_smile:

both.jpg

chupacabra.JPG

p18xn.JPG

afterepsom.jpg

I think light green is lack of nitro. Mag is redening of leaf shoots first then stalk or more a maroon color.

first pic leaves look a little full of water to me. Is it straight soil? Or did u add perlite. Indoor you may need to adjust your mix a bit for drainage

What's up, Doc?

NE wGuy, thnks for the input! Are you saying that it looks like I'm over watering? I can definitely adjust that. The soil is straight FFOF.

thanks, key :icon_smile::icon_smile:

I know that if you can see the leaf swelling in-between the side veins it can be to much water as with drooping, not sure which would be the first sign. Hows the soil moisture if you stick your finger in it.

not sure how that stuff drains, I have premixed all my soils since starting never used that stuff, but am sure some one else can offer advice on watering obviously nest way would probably be let them dry out good and get a feel for the dry weight of the pot and go off that. I just go off the finger method in my soil all 5gal containers as the plants get to big to be lifting u just water till I get run off but that's me I'm a noob still

Hey folks - Key here with an update on the 2 sick puppies I had to pull in from a really bad attempt at growing outdoors. We've had more rain in my locale than we've had in the last 40 years, and they were getting washed out and eaten alive by spider mites. I'm pretty sure that PM and who knows what else would have come along if I could even have kept them alive.

I have one SickMeds Chupacabra and one Cannetics Pakistan18xNepal going in FFOF, and I'm using Technflora nutes. Today is the 40th day of flower. I'm watering every third day and am feeding every watering after my first grow when I wasn't feeding enough. I have yellowing fan leaves, like last time, and would appreciate any input on this. Would a flush be of any benefit at this stage? Last time, the general consensus was that I was underfeeding, but I'm feeding way more than I did last time, and they look similar.

That said, they are packing on the weight and frosting up nicely. I had to stake up the Chupacabra, which I fimmed, and tie up one side cola because they're too heavy for the stems. Both plants are sticky and heavy and smell real dank. This fan leaf thing has me a little concerned, though. Any and all advice is welcome! :icon_smile:

pic 1 - Chupacabra
pic 2 - Chupacabra
pic 3 - Pakistan18xNepal
pic 4 - Both

Thanks as always for the help and support -

Key :icon_smile:

chupacabra.1.jpg

chupacabra.2.jpg

pak.nep.1.jpg

both.1.jpg

Latest posts

Back