Taxes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pute

One Toke Over The Line
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
So, I lost my long time Accountant (over 30 years) last year. Said he just couldn't do it anymore. So, I found a new one and she did fine. About a 2 months ago I got a letter from her saying she was retiring as well. I gave her a call and she said it wasn't worth the stress anymore. Great!!

She did give the the name of another accountant however. I gave him a call about 6 weeks ago and introduced myself. Everything went fine and he agreed that he would send me a tax planner for 22 as soon as they became available. Well, it is now Feb and no planner or a word from him. Beginning to get a bit concerned I gave him a call a week ago today....left a message. One week later and no word from him.....Seems like accountants are like the rest of the country.....gotten lazy.

So, I got to thinking that my takes are much less complicated now days. Sold my condos, cabin, retired and sold my share of the business to my partner therefore nothing needs deprecating anymore. Should be easy enough to do myself on Turbo Tax.

Today I opened an account with them. Things look simple enough so I'm gonna give it a try. I just filled in the basics will wait a couple more weeks to make sure I have all the information and forms necessary.

Don't like doing it this way....the only thing the gov't is really good at is getting money collected from the IRS. Last thing I want it to have the IRS come knocking.

My Accountant is my Tax Guy. Has been for over 25yrs. He worked for the IRS for several yrs before he went out on his own. Good thing about him is he knows all the ins and outs of the IRS and all the red flags.

My Accountant is my Tax Guy. Has been for over 25yrs. He worked for the IRS for several yrs before he went out on his own. Good thing about him is he knows all the ins and outs of the IRS and all the red flags.
I wish I had a trusted accountant. Nobody works in this damn town anymore.

Last edited:
Love this guy. Crazy fker hates blacks, hates the IRS,,has guns all over his house. You would never know it by looking at him. He looks like a nurd. Never judge a book by it's cover.
If things don't work out, let me know and I'll hook you up with him. I send my tax stuff to him in an email and he deals with it and sends me an invoice through the email and I pay it the same way.
He has saved my ass many times. He is also a Tax Attorney.

Last edited:
So, I lost my long time Accountant (over 30 years) last year. Said he just couldn't do it anymore. So, I found a new one and she did fine. About a 2 months ago I got a letter from her saying she was retiring as well. I gave her a call and she said it wasn't worth the stress anymore. Great!!

She did give the the name of another accountant however. I gave him a call about 6 weeks ago and introduced myself. Everything went fine and he agreed that he would send me a tax planner for 22 as soon as they became available. Well, it is now Feb and no planner or a word from him. Beginning to get a bit concerned I gave him a call a week ago today....left a message. One week later and no word from him.....Seems like accountants are like the rest of the country.....gotten lazy.

So, I got to thinking that my takes are much less complicated now days. Sold my condos, cabin, retired and sold my share of the business to my partner therefore nothing needs deprecating anymore. Should be easy enough to do myself on Turbo Tax.

Today I opened an account with them. Things look simple enough so I'm gonna give it a try. I just filled in the basics will wait a couple more weeks to make sure I have all the information and forms necessary.

Don't like doing it this way....the only thing the gov't is really good at is getting money collected from the IRS. Last thing I want it to have the IRS come knocking.
I used one of those tax software programs last year before I brought our stuff to our longtime accountant(our previous accountant was really slimy but in a good way but also went to prison for embezzlement). My self-done tax returns were nearly identical to his. I still own a rental property(which is easy because I just get a K1 from that and the K1 is easily generated from Quickbooks) but last year, Mrs Fogey did real estate after der Führer governor fired her for Vax evasion. That will make me use our accountant again this year.

Have an S corporation and have been using Turbo Tax for years to do corporate an personal taxes with no problems. Simple to use and walks you thru. Just make sure you have past records for capital gains/losses and deferred items.
Thanks Kev.

Careful boys. Don't want to turn this into a political rant.

Wow! Got to spank a mod and an admin! 🤪
I'll be on slo-mo for the rest of the day...... :)
I had to work the term ‘vax evasion’ in but maybe I could have been kinder to our former governor. I could have called him a sweetheart to skirt getting any demerits…😁

Have an S corporation and have been using Turbo Tax for years to do corporate and personal taxes with no problems. Simple to use and walks you thru. Just make sure you have past records for capital gains/losses and deferred items.
It does, once I had a bit of a more complex year, and for 60 bucks extra a live tax person came on and did that part. You can also pay them to just do it. The program walks you through, I used it for years with only real deductions were Mortgage and charitables.

Bubba

Mine are done. I have a Tax Attorney that's been doing my taxes for over 20yrs. He worked for the IRS for 15yrs before he opened up his own business. He hates the fking IRS and knows all the ins and outs. He actually has become like part of the family. Crazy looking fker who looks like a nerd,,, but has guns all over his house. Was in the KKK at one time. 😁

Latest posts

Back