A Growing Problem With Marijuana "Electricity Theft"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how much annual revenue would be generated in new electricity usage if pot were legalized? if you're pullin $15,000 a month in electricity with a grow house, you can afford the bill!

Wiseguy_Chef said:
even if the feds deside to leaglize it, it will be up to our own state govments to leaglize it for use in each state. its the same with alc. once we get past the idea of MJ being a "mexican" drug we will never get it in the usa. the USA goverment will not let a "brown" crounty make money off us leagly.

Unless they have brown crude oil under their little brown feet. Then they can treat us anyway they choose, apparently. 'Scuse me while I run down to 7 Eleven and get my fix from Uncle Hugo, or to any other gas pump anywhere and worship the good King Abdulla.:rant:

Hope I didn't step on the political rule.

Cannabiscotti said:
I wonder how much annual revenue would be generated in new electricity usage if pot were legalized? if you're pullin $15,000 a month in electricity with a grow house, you can afford the bill!

i dont know about you but i would eliminate my indoor grow and then convert my roof into a real green roof if my state allowed me to grow.

this would get my garden out of the reach of nosy people and keep my house cool.

someone was on here recently talking about getting one of those windmills you can buy for your property than can generate 2,000 watts of continuos power. They are like $4,000 to buy and have set up, but if I was going to be doing a massive indoor grow operation I would be generating my own power.

What I find hilarious is the comment "The average electrical bill is $150"!!!!!!! Where in America is THIS!????? My average electric in a very tiny home before I even started growing was over $300 a month average, and my extended family's is over $1,000 a month even without a grow op! Our homes here up north have electric heat, but only $150 a month is amazing to me. Where is this community that only pulls $150 on average? Is this a ghetto with no heat, no AC, and an average home size of 350 square feet?

Tell me about it, NY--our bill runs a steady $300-400 a month, little lower in the winter, definitely higher in the summer(AC) without a grow room factored in. Coolest thing, not planning it, we had the house re-insulated and it pinched the crap outta the power company's take for a month or two until I got my grow show up and now we're back to where we were pre-re-insulation. I almost feel sneaky.:hubba:

depends on the kinda air an heating u are running, i pay a little less than 150 an thats not growing, (don't grow in my house) an depends on the state an there taxes.

2400 sq. foot house, nice wood stove heats most of it. The rest has an A/C/ heat pump setup. WITH all my T5s and flos and fans going, we are under $150/ month. We shall see how much that goes up with 2 lumatek 600s added and a couple more fans.

Jeez, NY, we live in the wrong place, obviously. I'd love to see a buck fifty electric bill. My water and sewer runs that much here in fantasy land, and I don't irrigate my yard. Hmmm. Need to review what I must be getting for all the extra money I'm paying.

Since the USA absolutely doesn't allow monopolies due to the Fair Trade Act or some other bovine feces, I'll just change to a cheaper company.

wow..... My last place was prolly 1200sf or a little under and my elec bill was like $70 a month... Gas heat. 300-400 a month is crazy thats a friggin car payment.

cubby said:
If a person is really doing a "personal " grow this would not be a problem. How much electricity does a small personal grow use? People who are useing 10 1000 watt bulbs and dedicated air exchange/conditioners are growing for commercial purposes. Thier greed leads them to theft and their theft leads them to jail. I have no sympathy for them, they chose to grow to deal as opposed to people who keep a regular job and grow for personal consumption.

I share everything I own, I rock many lights and an expensive and sophisticated ventilation system. I crank out pounds for people who deserve high quality no B.S. smoke. I offer at a price waaaaay uunder what many "Legal" clubs do. I undercut Real drug dealers and pay my taxes.

The hell with "Small Personal Grows".

Not everyone has a career that allows them to spend massive amounts of time on setting up and maintaining a grow room.

Do most american brew their own beer?

THough not.

Effen thats because you dont want MJ legalized because it would dig into your "Im given it away profit". You have always defended the big growers in your post. Course,, we small personal growers,,In one of your sayings,,you could BREED it out of us,,right?

The Effen Gee said:
I share everything I own, I rock many lights and an expensive and sophisticated ventilation system. I crank out pounds for people who deserve high quality no B.S. smoke. I offer at a price waaaaay uunder what many "Legal" clubs do. I undercut Real drug dealers and pay my taxes.

Not everyone has a career that allows them to spend massive amounts of time on setting up and maintaining a grow room.

Do most american brew their own beer?

THough not.

If your selling for a profit, regardless of persentage,YOU'RE A REAL DRUG DEALER. Don't try and put off like you're some kind of robin hood of weed. You're a drug dealer, period. You don't favor legalization because it would be bad for you're bottom line. I understand this, I'm a businessman (strictly legal ). Those of us who oppose the prohibition of marijuana for personal use do so because of a belief in individual rights.
As far as people homebrewing, I've been a homebrewer for over ten years. Unlike growing weed, it's toltaly legal. People have an option, they can buy the commercialy available crap or brew their own.
The only similarity between homebrew and homegrown is the pride of providing your own, beyond that thier apples and oranges.
Personaly, I don't care if you sell it, give it away, or trade it for dirty underware. Your life is yours to live as you see fit.

I make no mistakes about weed, what it is and why we al really love it.

It gets you high, or stoned.
It is a drug.
It is a fix a lot of us need, everyday.

So is caffene.

Fortuinately, cannabis has little or no negative side effects, hence the possibility of legality and the carefree nature of it's use.

I am a drug dealer, as society has labled me. As you lable me.

We are all drug addicts.

We cannot however, be thieves.

Effen, keep rockin the big grows b/c there are people who cant / wont grow their own, just like alcohol.

Drug Dealer --- why put a label on Effen when by your local laws you may be labled as an Owner of a Grow House. the one who supplies a drug dealer. do you think in the public eye you would be looked at as less of a criminal. only if you are growing and complying with the laws in your state.

i dont understand why some get all bent outta shape if someone is cash-cropping. who cares how big the grow is if its not yours and if growing is illegal in your state then they group all of use together, regardless of plant #'s.

Pg&E has a baseline that they go buy for each customer in my neck of the woods. Well this is the problem stay under baseline it's a .11per kwh go over and it's .45 per kwh. If you buy in bulk you should get a better price right? So I have been looking at those wind generators on ebay $60,000.00 bucks installed for 20,000 watts That would power my closet huh

WeedHopper said:
Effen thats because you dont want MJ legalized because it would dig into your "Im given it away profit". You have always defended the big growers in your post. Course,, we small personal growers,,In one of your sayings,,you could BREED it out of us,,right?

Yawn.

How many patients do you supply with your small personal grows?
Do you like paying for your weed out of pocket?
Do you like spending 300 to 400 bucks on nutes?
Do you undercut the real jerks in your area?
Do you have outstanding customer service?
Do you pay your taxes?
Do you enjoy helping people?

If growing was free, my finished product is free.

But since I have decided to make a career out of growing, farming and breeding...I take that (and MANY OTHERS AS WELL) as a personal attack, and an attack on the progress of a developing multi billion dollar industry.

Either jump on board or get out of the way, most growers do not have such a beneficial buisiness outlook as I and my associates do.

Do not make assumptions about me, my finished product or what my motives are.

I do not live a lavish lifestyle, actually poverty level around here.

My "Profits" pay rent, bills, food and supplies.....also pays for doctor bills for me and my wife.

IS THAT OK WITH YOU PEOPLE?
DO I NEED TO KILL MYSELF OR FEEL GUILTY?

...Actually, I could care less. I just wanted to make my VALID point read.

Yawning right back at ya.:rolleyes:
How many patients do you supply with your small personal grows?
TWO,,Me and my Wife.
Do you like paying for your weed out of pocket?
I dont,,Small Personal Grower,,remember.
Do you like spending 300 to 400 bucks on nutes?
I dont.
Do you undercut the real jerks in your area?
Dont undercut nobody,,cause I dont sale.
Do you have outstanding customer service?
My Wife thanks so,,everytime we smoke OUR Weed.
Do you pay your taxes?
Yes I do,,do you?
Do you enjoy helping people?
Yep,,I have many PPL in the 18 yrs I have owned my own Business.
Either jump on board or get out of the way
No Thanks,,I have seen those type ships sink way to many times. Besides I am not in your way.
Do not make assumptions about me
I made no assumption,,your words speak for themselfs
I rock many lights and an expensive and sophisticated ventilation system. I crank out pounds for people who deserve high quality no B.S. smoke
But since I have decided to make a career out of growing, farming and breeding..(.developing multi billion dollar industry)
Either jump on board or get out of the way, most growers do not have such a beneficial buisiness outlook as I and my associates do

With all that said,,Do your thing Effen. It aint no skin off my *** what you do Bro. Good luck in your endevors and I hope you are helping PPL like you say you are. If you are,,more power to ya,,if ya aint,,well,,thats on you.

While I appreciate the time you put into copying and pasting, you still fail to make any valid points as to why what I am doing is wrong.

All I see in useless bragging.

Give us something more than self praise.
Sorry your lifestyle won't allow you to pursue your dreams of growing massive fields of free pot, but some of us got screwed by the whole "working for somebody else thing" and are trying to do something new, the right way.

Like it or not, this whole marijuana thing is going to explode to the point it is going to need to be re-regulated. I just want to be one of the "Good Examples" before the rest of these idiot's ruin it for everyone.

Move here, Grow here, see what it is really like to be at the tip of the spear before making ASSUMPTIONS about the intentions of one of possibly hundreds of thousands of marijuana growers in california.

Move here, Grow here, see what it is really like to be at the tip of the spear before making ASSUMPTIONS about the intentions of one of possibly hundreds of thousands of marijuana growers in california

OK,,Im real sorry Effen,,shouldnt be given ya a hard time.
As for moving there,,If I ever decide to move back(lived in Bakersfield when I was young) Maybe you can point me in the right direction.:D
Im done with this thread and messing with Effen.

Latest posts

Back