A Noob In Need Needs A Friend Indeed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eazy A

Eazy Does It.
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a first time grower and have self educated for the most part. I feel I am fairly competent in the basic proceedure. I am making my initial attempt at growing, my first batch of seeds are just getting ready to sprout (one is already peaking out)!!

The room needs to be finished today (sanding of the drywall mud, then paint, and then mylar, light barrier ect. yada yada)...

Later tonight or tomorrow I want to get my sprouting seeds in a medium..

Im planning on having my Veg room lit by florescents, two or three 4 foot housings with both warm and cool white bulbs in each housing. and a drip feed system to start.

First question, can i use bubbleponics for my clones/young veg plants, if I made my own resivour with the right size netpots? abandoning the drip ? then moving to a different bubbleponic setup with larger netpots as the root system enlarges? would I need different lights to compensate for the added bonus the root system is getting?

Second question, My seeds are sprouting so i should get them in 1 inch rockwool and keep the rockwool damp and dark until the plant peaks its head correct? then what height is correct for flors once my new babies are born? My reason for asking this is I need to know if I need to have those little girls in the setup right away after planting the sprouting seed... seeing as my room isnt quite done yet.. i need to know if i need to set it up somewhere or good way to make shift for a day until the room is complete and the veg system is up and running?

PLEASE HELP ;]

Thanks. Any Ideas about my sitch with my seedlings?

I've never used bubbleponics so can't really comment on that-but someone here has I am sure..

Seedlings don't need really strong light at first so I would say about 12 inches more or less. I used spirals and went about that.

If you don't get an answer try posting in General Indoor Growing.

:lama: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!!! :lama:

Gb

Eazy A said:
Hello,

I am a first time grower and have self educated for the most part. I feel I am fairly competent in the basic proceedure. I am making my initial attempt at growing, my first batch of seeds are just getting ready to sprout (one is already peaking out)!!

The room needs to be finished today (sanding of the drywall mud, then paint, and then mylar, light barrier ect. yada yada)...

Later tonight or tomorrow I want to get my sprouting seeds in a medium..

Im planning on having my Veg room lit by florescents, two or three 4 foot housings with both warm and cool white bulbs in each housing. and a drip feed system to start.

First question, can i use bubbleponics for my clones/young veg plants, if I made my own resivour with the right size netpots? abandoning the drip ? then moving to a different bubbleponic setup with larger netpots as the root system enlarges? would I need different lights to compensate for the added bonus the root system is getting?

Second question, My seeds are sprouting so i should get them in 1 inch rockwool and keep the rockwool damp and dark until the plant peaks its head correct? then what height is correct for flors once my new babies are born? My reason for asking this is I need to know if I need to have those little girls in the setup right away after planting the sprouting seed... seeing as my room isnt quite done yet.. i need to know if i need to set it up somewhere or good way to make shift for a day until the room is complete and the veg system is up and running?

PLEASE HELP ;]

Hello Easy A and welcome to MP. You have some very good questions and you should probably post in the General Indoor Growing of Hydro section for some specific answers to your questions. There are alot of experts here in various areas of growing and I'm sure you'll get some good advice. I'm a soil grower, but as far as seedlings go, it's all the same. I assume you're germing via paper towel or some similar method. Once they've opened, you should get them into your medium as soon as possible IMHO. I sprout in soil on a window sill and always get great results. I put them under lights when they're about 1" tall as they will tend to stretch in a low light situation during those first few days.

As far as light distance, it really depends on the light- if you're using tube flouros you can get them about 3" away from the plant, just keep an eye on them as they'll grow quickly.

Latest posts

Back