A thought

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmello

Reaction score
My views and opinions are not always correct but I have a thought. First of all, which thread should I be placing this thread? I have a thought about laws concerning marijuana. My thoughts and concerns involve drug testing, legalization, use and abuse, even growing. So please tell me where to go to voice my opinion if I have posted in the wrong thread.

I smoke pot. I use to smoke pot everyday, starting at the age of 15. When I was 17, I started to get into harder drugs, massive amounts. Was pot my gateway drug? No, I know myself enough to say that I would have been happy with just pot. I had to watch my weight (being a fresh young woman) and I hope we all are old enough to know the choice of drug I chose. In my thirties, I knew I wanted to continue my education; I stopped all drugs, including pot :( , started after my education. I eventually got a job with law enforcement, and because of this choice, I knew pot would still not be in my life. :( I was lucky in my earlier days to never get arrested, but came close too many times, so I was able to conceal my sorted past.

I found that being in that life was not for me since I wanted to help kids in trouble, so I left:) . Found a wonderful job with a wonderful person and climbed my way up the education ladder and received my master’s degree late last year!!!

I know that I never would have reached my goals in my life if I did not stop the speed. I wanted to be “normal.” I found out later, normal is just someone that doesn’t have addicts and losers coming to your house at all hours of the day and night, begging, borrowing, pleading, and stealing. This is a big problem, babies being born addicted to meth, the kids that grow up without a “normal” life and parents shooting their babies with heroin to shut them up (true story). I know from working with these poor kids that are on the verge of adulthood and not having any idea what a “normal” life was. They never had a chance. Where is law enforcement?

I believe in drug testing, what I don’t agree with is testing of pot. It is metabolized differently than other drugs and especially alcohol, which all of these are much more dangerous than marijuana. In our day of age, why can’t scientists be able to figure out a way to test, how old and how current THC has been in your system? Did the person just smoke? Yesterday, the night before, week before? The purpose for tests are to show if you are under the influence. I smoke today, tomorrow I take a drug test and it appears that I am high. Am I? NO…rules and regulations on drug testing is put into place to protect our rights of privacy. When a truck driver gets pulled in for a random test, if they are currently not on the job at the time of testing, an alcohol test cannot be performed, why? Because it infringes on his right to privacy and what he does on his own time is his business. Can they do that with pot? No because the driver would lose money sitting around, straight, waiting to clear his system of pot because he would rather smoke pot than take a handful of pills he gets from the doctor for his chronic back pain. The pills will be turned into a negative by a doctor when they check his prescription. That is not a choice for him, infringement, right?

Now we come to the rights of law abiding citizens that have chosen to smoke pot. The previous posts I have read have inspired me to write this. I have been told I can get a med card for marijuana, but my ailments are not enough for me to abuse that right. There are doctors everywhere that will issue one for the right price. This is corruption that hurts the people that are suffering. The people that need marijuana. In our day of age, why can’t we weed out (no pun intended) the bad people that abuse this right? I would however, do anything I can to help the cause of legalizing marijuana, even if it means for only medical reasons and I would have to smoke it in fear of the law because I don’t have a medical need. Yes, I know if we could get rid of the bad guys, we would live in a perfect world, which doesn’t’ exist or ever can. But, do you think law enforcement officials know who the bad doctors are that make it hard for the people who do need it. Well, they certainly do know how to find the popping pill docs, don’t they?

Since I have been within the “blue veil” of law enforcement, I know how it works, just like all bureaucratic agencies. The higher ups are telling the little minions to do things that they may not agree with but they have to do it to keep a job. Some officers find it too hard to live like that and leave and find other careers (like me!). The ones that stay either enjoy picking on the sick so they can “feel bigger about themselves” or others stay because they feel they can make a difference and end up burning themselves out too soon. I chose to leave because I want to live long and prosper!

It is unfortunate that we have to battle the way we do, and right now it seems like we are fighting a lost cause, but it is the sign of our times right now, we have a religious based conservative administration in Washington right now but I have to keep hope alive that it will change. It always gets darker before the light…

To law enforcement, seek me out, I have nothing to hide, come and get me, leave the ones that need it alone, I am begging…

Wow Bmello, I ussually skip over long reads like this unless its news or something. but you hit a lot of good points.

but, Its not Law Enforcement to blame for the way the laws are. I think we as a society forget that. They are paid to uphold the law. thats it. Robots in blue suits. Do a lot of em have to be jerks no, thats how they were born and it can't be helped. lol

It is more than just marijuana that is illegal its hemp as well. I just read an article a couple of days ago where a guy was busted for "manufacturing" marijuana. Sorry but that is an incorrect statment. it is cultivating marijuana. but another person pointed out. You have to manufacture a controlled substance. so they label it that way for legaleze. or something

As far as drug tests. I think they are unconstitutional. I rarely ever see a coke head panic about a test or a meth addict worry about it either. 100% of the posts is Pot. It keeps those "addict" numbers up. Its another tool for the coporations and lawmakers to keep it illegal.

They brainwash our society with those gawd awful commercials. I smoked pot so I got into a car wreck and killed all my freinds. or That really bad one. where the kid is by the pool and the mom is in the house gettin high. Its Propaganda. Anti-Mairjuana. but do you see a commercial where the old man drinkin a fifth of scotch and beating his kids and wife. No they focus on Marijuana.

Now I'm not a conspiracy junkie. The guys that thinks aliens are hidden in the desert. but there is a corporate conspiracy involving Hemp and Marijuana. It has been going on for almost a hundred years. who lines the politcal pockets. Corporations do. What is our economy cheifly based on. OIL. Pharmacautical companies. Cotton, tons of other things that are controlled by corporations. Imagine the impact on those corporations if hemp or Marijuana were legalized?

So are we free? If you look back before the Reagan administration and before the "war on drugs" started. Ask yourself and look at the laws that have been passed. Gun control, Search and seizure laws, Privacy laws, and many many more have changed. This done to "protect us". but anymore its to "control us". The govt. wants us to focus on little parts of the big picture. For the Gay person and the convservative to focus on there rights. Or the pro-life and pro-choice people to look at there rights and laws. but after all the division and looking at which part affects us. When do we not see the Big picture and what is happening as a whole. I see it, every day out my front door. Division. Us against them. but who??? my neighbor. Each day a new law is passed. Each day we lose one more right. Its so small and so insignifacant that it flys under the radar. but add each little law up and put the puzzle together and I see Martial Law. What happened to seperation of church and state? and State and Federal. yeah you can get a med. card in Cali. but its illegal in federal law. but these methods were put into place by the founders to protect the country from itself. To stop a military govt. or Dictatorship. To prevent one entity from becoming too powerful. but the state has lost its foot-hold. It is still being influenced by the Federal. Every statesman aspires to be Federal. So there decisions as a statesman is dictated by the federal and they are dictated by the Corporations and by our elected officials that like them sporty new Lexus to drive. See now I'm confused looking at the big picture. What ever it is it ain't right.

but that just me and my crazy thinkin. and boy did I go crazy on the last part. whew, I think I am goin off the deep end.

Mr. Wizard,

That was a perfect response, I love it!! I should have titled this "a feeling", what I wrote was from the heart, you wrote what is from the head. Thank you for listening.

Do you wonder if you would have ever lived to see the day that any government entity would allow marijuana for the ill. We have come a long way, we just got to keep working on going forward and not get thrown back. I have the faith! We will prosper, we have to, prosper is progress, we have left the dark ages it will happen.

Pssst. I have a confession, when I worked for you know who, I really did not abstain from pot, tee hee hee!! I just had to be very careful! I know you won't tell!!! :D

great post and response. Trouble is, they both are just too logical, reasonable and "Oh soo correct". Hemp, as an industrial crop could alleviate much presure on the environment, the forests, global warming, ect. Bet we could even produce some $3.00 p/gal. fuel for our SUV's. ;)

bmello, it is inspiring to read that there are individuals in law enforvement, that support/share your opinion. Unfortunately, like mj users, they are "profiled" in a not so endearing light.
I have a couple of friends that were formerly leo associated. Both share your views to some extent. Neither partake of the herb, but both are casual, social drinkers and admit that alcohol is more damaging, dangerous, addictive, and more prevelant in violent crime.
Thanks, both of you.

Thanks for reading and sharing. Do you know about the high rate of people in law enforcement that are alcoholics? It would be so much better if they could smoke pot instead, a nice way to wind down from a horrific shift that they just got off of with shooting, decayed bodies, molested children they had to interview, etc., etc. Unfortunately, they can't...:(

bmello said:
Thanks for reading and sharing. Do you know about the high rate of people in law enforcement that are alcoholics? It would be so much better if they could smoke pot instead, a nice way to wind down from a horrific shift that they just got off of with shooting, decayed bodies, molested children they had to interview, etc., etc. Unfortunately, they can't...:(

Yes, I agree totally, but unfortunatley the public will never know what the rate of "domestic violence" happens in LEO's families due to stress and alcoholism. It seems to be covered up a lot. IMHO LEO needs to be on a higher standard than civilians. They need to be monitored more closly due to the amount of stress they go through. They also should be some sort of organization that helps these people deal with anger and not cover it up.
I'm high like ussual so don't pay no attention to me.

Latest posts

Back