Abbreviations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vespasian

callawave
Reaction score
Is there a sticky on here where newbies can check out abbreviations :confused:
I can't seem to find one and I'm often confused by the pro's lingo. :eek:

IMO= In My Opinion, LOL= Laugh Out Loud, JMO= Just My Opinion, ROFL= Rolling On Floor Laughing. Just to name a few but no there is no sticky for them on here that I have ever seen. I'm sure others will chime in with more...take care..

EDIT!!!!

1. This is the most simple of rules. There are filters in place to block the usage of many words that are considered to be unacceptable in polite conversation. If you notice that a word you've typed is replaced by asterisks, then it is one of these words. Please reconstruct your post to reflect what you're trying to say, but without the word that was blocked. Adding spaces or other characters to the filtered word is not acceptable here. If you attempt to bypass the filter by using any means, it's a direct act against the rules of this site. The Moderators will generally only delete the word itself from your post. However, repeated occurrences of this type may cause more severe reaction by the Moderators who are entrusted to keep the peace here.

im with ukgirl, i've never seen those here either..

imho = in my humble opinion.

i think sirtokie covered most of them though

nvthis said:
I'm thinking he meant stuff like DWC, LUI (Banjo ;) ), DPWW MFL (male fan leaves:hubba: ) , PPM, EJ, FF, RO etc.

>DWC=deep water culture. LUI= legends ultimate indica. DPWW= dutch passion white widow. never saw this one, MFL= male fan leaves.

PPM= parts per million. EJ= earth juice. FF=fox farms. and RO= reverse osmosis.

sorry nv, had to clear it up for vesp, so's he/she was'nt confused further.

after a bit of reading on site, you'll catch on to the lingo vesp. peace all...bb...

Sir_Tokie said:
IMO= In My Opinion, LOL= Laugh Out Loud, JMO= Just My Opinion, ROFL= Rolling On Floor Laughing. Just to name a few but no there is no sticky for them on here that I have ever seen. I'm sure others will chime in with more...take care..
:rofl: Not quite what I meant :rofl: I was thinking of more grow related things. You know SOG. SCROG. NFT. etc, etc. (I know what those are :D but you get my drift)
Its all elementry to you guys, but there's a lot of newbies joining every day.
It would be nice to post a sticky with terms and terminology, abbreviations etc. and stick it in the :welcome: area. :D

FIM.

I don't practice it, but it's a classic. One of my favorite acronyms.

nvthis said:
FIM.

I don't practice it, but it's a classic. One of my favorite acronyms.
Now I know what 'fimming' is. But I don't know what the acronym stands for.
And you didn't say :hitchair:

:rofl: Hey Vesp, you find it yet???

When you do you will know why I didn't say....;)

Latest posts

Back