?about lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budiholi

Reaction score
newbie to hydro growing and i have a 2ft by 6 ft 8ft tall closet im gonna use has to non disscript if u know what i mean so the heat venting for high watt sodiums is maybe impossilbe so my ? is i see that a 70 watt sodium will do 9 sq ft so would 2 70 watt sodiums do for that space or will a 150 watt single do it
also the temp now is at a constant 70 derees in it so it dosent get much colder at night i wont need a heater will i

im using a closet space, hydro 3'w x 2'd and 4 1/2 tall and i used a 100 hps and it didnt do the trick. so pretty much in same boat. you can check out the pic of it in my gallery, its the lowryder looking one. well good luck to you. happy growing and holidays.

budiholi said:
newbie to hydro growing and i have a 2ft by 6 ft 8ft tall closet im gonna use has to non disscript if u know what i mean so the heat venting for high watt sodiums is maybe impossilbe so my ? is i see that a 70 watt sodium will do 9 sq ft so would 2 70 watt sodiums do for that space or will a 150 watt single do it
also the temp now is at a constant 70 derees in it so it dosent get much colder at night i wont need a heater will i

I do not know where you saw that a 70W HPS will do 9 sq ft, but this is incorrect. A 150W (15,000 lumens) is good for about 3 sq ft. For 9 sq ft, you will need a 400W. I used 2 150W in a 2x3' space.

Regardless of the type of lighting you use, if you have enough lumens to do the job, you are most likely going to have to cool your light. And you need ventilation, regardless. Your plants need a contoinual supply of fresh air (CO2) all the time the lights are on. It is critical for photosynthesis. I like to exchange the air in my space 3-4 times a minute.

so im gona have to vent and looks like a 400 watt light will that do the trick for that space and will 2 fart fans one blowing in one out do the co2 exchange as well as cooling or a floor fan. looks like im gonna have to lock the door on my room lol thanks goddess ive been told ur words are sound advice so im gonna figure out how to hide a few things

thanks again

by the way goddess the 70 watts 9 sq ft i saw in this sites growers guide at the bottom of the light section is says its better then fl and will do about 9sq ft but suggest 2 lights

budiholi said:
by the way goddess the 70 watts 9 sq ft i saw in this sites growers guide at the bottom of the light section is says its better then fl and will do about 9sq ft but suggest 2 lights

"Grower's guide at the bottom of the light section" :confused: I do not know where you are talking about, sorry. Could you link the thread? I would be interested in reading it.

Ventilation is very individualized and can sometimes be troublesome. There are so many variables that there are no "one plan fits all". I have different ventilation setups for winter and summer. I would recommend an air cooled hood. It makes keeping things cool easier. It is really impossible to say whether 2 bathroom fans will be enough. What cfm are we talking about?

resources > growers guide > lighting.
read em all b4 joining
good stuff
$$

THG is quite correct. I use 2 x 150HPS and an extra 120W of CFLs in 6 sq ft and I still think I could do with more lamps.

grow guide said:
Most HID�s sold for indoor garden use these days are of this horizontal mounting arrangement.
HPS is much less expensive to operate than any other type of lamp, but comes in the 70 watt size at the home improvement stores. This size is not very efficient, but blows away FL in efficiency, so they might be an alternative to FL for very small operations, like 9 sq. feet or less. Over 9 sqr. feet, you need more light than one of these lamps can provide, but you could use two of them.

Here is the link TheHempGoddess
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forumWOW/Full-Marijuana-Growing-Guide.html#LIGHT

well i got a clone from my brother and got it started under a agro l lihgt got get my hps and get it set up now
alo that cool tube u made goddes 2 150 is that he same as a 300 watt

Latest posts

Back