My Turn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbWatcher

Reaction score
Hi All, no body has introduced them self in awhile, so it must be my turn. I have been enjoying your site for over a year now. First off I want to THANK YOU ALL for helping me with my first three indoor grows. I just scanned all the post till I found what I needed. Great information here. Again THANK YOU SO MUCH. A little about myself. I'm a So. Cal boy, born and raised. Now living in No. Cal, via Las Vegas for 15 years. Been hooked on THE GROW since my freshmen year in high school, 1972. All outdoors. Up here in No. Cal I do not have any where to grow out doors. So last year when I was designing a garage to put next to my shop. So I thought HEY lets make it a two story BARN style garage. And I did. I built it myself, all by myself. What a experience . The garage is 16x24. I separated the upstairs into three rooms. The first room is a preproduction room, and stores all the batteries and other things for the solar panels I installed, to help with the elec. cost. Its just a small solar system, 600 watts and 30 amps. But it runs both my veg rooms all day till the sun starts going down. The second room is for clones and THE MOTHERS. The third room I split in two, for veg and flowering. I want to tell you this inside growing is a lot of work, I had NO idea. But I really like it better cause one can control every aspect of ones GROW. Its really a great learning experience. My first grow I tried were 1 THAI, 1 AL GOLD, 1 SOMANGO, and 1 WHITE JACK. Under 2 Platinum 12 band 150 watt LEDs. These were the ONLY lights I could find that had the full light spectrum. But man are they expensive. I mixed my own soil in bins that I found out later were way to big. I planted the seeds right into the bins ( no transplanting, waste of time ). They all sprouted in three days. They all grew very good except the AL GOLD. So I moved that one to a different bin when I put the others to 12/12. They all flowered good with ok buds. But the yield was not there. I wont go into my second and third grows but the yields were not what they should be. Plus there was a lot of learning I had to learn. And thanks to you ALL I learned a lot. Now for this GROW my forth. I went a little nuts. I BOUGHT 2 Platinum 12 band 380 watts LEDs covering 4x4 area each, so really a 3x3 area. I also bought a KING 9 band 1600 watt LED to put in the middle of the 2 other lights to cover a 4x8 area for flowering only. Then I got 2 more P150s, that makes 4 for the veg room. My plan was to grow 32 plants in the 4x8 area in 5gal fab. bags. That's 1 plant per sq. ft. BUT once the plants started growing I could see it was to many plants in that area. I got ahead of myself here. My plan was to have 8 rows of 4 in that 4x8 area. I would put 1 row 4 plants into 12/12. Then a week later another row of 4. Then a week later another row of 4 and so on till I had 8 rows of 4 all a week behind each other. That way I could harvest 4 plants a week. Well I cut that down to seven rows of three, and my next rounds are going to be 6 rows of three. I already have this set up I have plants starting their 8th week of flowering and 7th and so on. Oh and by the way all of them are GIRL SCOUT COOKIES. I call this the MERRY GO ROUND cause once it starts GOING AROUND I'm going to be very MERRY. Well I think I went on a little to long here. I will try and post some pictures on Monday. Again I want to thank you all so much for being here, I don't think you all know how much help you really are ...................... THKS................. THE HERBWATCHER...............

Welcome to MP Herb! Nice you came out of the shadows and introduced yourself. Glad MP was of help to you... Looking forward to your grow.

Welcome and green mojo to yas.

Howdy:48:

Hps lights will give you the buds you are looking for.

Latest posts

Back