about seeds/genetic difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
I have a ton of seeds from my original grow, they are good seeds.
Plant variety a good, chem dog mother and northern lights male.
There was also some "other" pollen later. So I have a variety of mixed genetics, I wonder if I might have a really good chem dog dominant strain.

Only way to find out is grow them try and take notes and a clone to keep phenom alive. Smoke it, if the taste is close and your notes match the description of others real chemdog. I would say it is in the family.

This come with no experience but have done a lot of reading on breeding.
You could then backcross your special phenom and go from there

You have entered one of the most challenging parts of growing MJ(proper breeding) It takes carefull attention to detail, dilligent work and attention to all of the plants, tremendous patience, and lots of room. If you haven't studied any on proper breeding and you seriously want to try to create a great breed cross, then you need to get Clark's MJ Botany book and read the (whole thing)section on breeding.

I am not trying to discourage you at all but just crossing 2 plants and then getting the perfect phenotype(perfect for what you desire) is at best a crap-shoot. If you got 100 seeds out of the breeding, the first seed planted could be a winner, the first 20 could be winners, half could be worthless, all could be worthless because of a variety of associated problems that only a seasoned breeder would be able to recognise and work around. The possibilities are nearly endless. More likely you will get a certain amount that will be more like the mother, another amount like the father and a larger amount with varying degrees of mixture of traits(phentypes) of both. And somewhere in the mix may be the golden seed or group of golden seeds.

I would (if room is availabel) grow out 10 at a time and take a couple clones from each until you can harvest and test each plant for desired outcome. maintain meticulous records and label everyone. Then cull all of the ones that don't wow you, and pare it down to 1-2 plants and maintain clones of those. Then start another 10 and do it all over again. Once you have the best ones picked out of all of the viable seeds produced. Remember that you will have to keep males as well unless you intend to work in femenized versions which will have to come in on the next breeding application (in about 3years depending on the size of your growing op).

If you don't have the space to move it more quickly, you could get a group of grow friends together and dispurse the seeds to everyone so that the paring process will go quicker. Or you can just take your time and continue to grow from seed every time until you find the one plant that really wows you and then clone that one to keep going forward. :) Good luck with it. I hope you hit the golden seed sooner than later :)

Latest posts

Back