After germination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrayedKnott

Reaction score
After germination can I put the germed seed into a 1 gal pot or should there be a smaller container before they go into their 1 gal pot?

Thanks!

Much smaller! I use plastic cups as they hold a little soil and they are inexpensive. If a seedling dies before reaching peak point of 3 weeks (when they are less fragile), I loose nothing but 100gr of soil and some time more over transplanting is easy, just cut the cup, place seedling into 1 liter pots and finish the job.

Plastic Cup -> 1 liter -> 3 liter -> 5 liter

i personally dont think it matters if space and soil are not of a scarce resource to you. it voids transplanting again. really horse a peice i say

but light...... more light over a smaller surface area will make the plants grow faster stronger ect. not a question of space question of luminents

How soon after they germ and I put them in soil can I put them under a 600w MH light?

Thanks!

i personally dont think it matters if space and soil are not of a scarce resource to you. it voids transplanting again. really horse a peice i say
It really does make a difference. The most important advantage being that you can control the moisture content much better.

Overly damp soil opens the door to root problems, mould and attracts fungus gnats.

Runbyhemp said:
It really does make a difference. The most important advantage being that you can control the moisture content much better.

Overly damp soil opens the door to root problems, mould and attracts fungus gnats.

That is another perspective and it is a right persfective.

Latest posts

Back