after the anger is gone !!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rasta

CHILD OF GOD
Reaction score
well its been two weeks since my wife was released from jail,,,two weeks since ive seen or heard from my daughter ,,,i was mad as hell when i told her to get out of my house,,,,,,now two weeks later the anger is gone and all i can do is worry ,,,is she alive is she dead did she eat where did she sleep ,,i know i had to do it ,,,,we tried every thing else ,,,,she’s lost all respect for me and the lady Rasta and had to go ,,I asked alot of people and they all said the same thing,,,tell her to go and make her own way,,,it was good advice then but now im not so sure,, ill pray for my child ,,i thought when they turned 18 my problems (with them) would be over ,,,,,,,like so many things i guess I was wrong ,,,,,,,,,,p,l,r

Rasta, you can't deny your "blood" no matter how old they are. Let your heart guide your decisions. You did the right thing. They need to learn the lessons........

Good luck

Just leave the door slightly ajar for her. If it has been two weeks since you have had any communication with her maybe a slight overture would be in order, just so she knows you care. Kids that really don't know as much as they think they know, obviously we were all that age once.....

Hey rasta once she figures everything out she'll be back trust me. It's just her way of making you pay that's all. I'm sure she is staying with friends or something and is fine. ;)

Just leave the door slightly ajar for her.

I have lots of friends living on their own around that age, it's not always easy, but they manage to get by. I'm sure if she was in any desperate situation, she would contact you.

Stay strong :)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Hey rasta once she figures everything out she'll be back trust me. It's just her way of making you pay that's all. I'm sure she is staying with friends or something and is fine. ;)

Yep two weeks she's still on a lil vacation...real life hasn't kicked in yet. She's having a bit of a tantrum still. Stick to your boundries. ;)

hey man i was looking aafter 2 kids at 18, if i can do that then im sure she can look after herself. its been 2 weeks you say?? ill give her another weeks or 2 and then all her friends parents will be getting sick of havin her around at family meals. its gonna happen soon, and shell be graveling back, thinkin youll still be angry.

keep ya head up RASTA.

These guys are probably right. I just try to put myself with my daughter in your place ,and it is terrifying. You know how all us macho bastards are about our "little girls". They own our hearts,and there is no shame in being worried for her.

Rasta,
Your heart will lead the way.....don't question what you feel inside. She will be back, the love is there and you are "good people", and as KARMA says...."what goes around comes around", and "if you do the right thing, it will all work out in the end". I am a big beleiver in this train of thought and it has never lead me wrong.

If I may be so bold as to try and lighten up the siutation for you...I mean no disrespect, I'm just trying to make you laugh..:rofl: OK ! Here's a quote that always makes me laugh when I'm having inter-personal problems:argue: .

"If you love something let it go.......if it doesn't come back......hunt it ddown and kill it"....LOL

Chin Up,
Cam

When I was 15 my mom threw me out of the house because she didn't like my choice in men and I didn't like her choice in men... so we spent most of our time calling eachother names and such. She dumped me in the cold without shoes or clothes (I was in PJ's) and didn't let me take anything with me but my purse.

I spent two months being angry and sqauatting on couches. We didn't speak for almost four months. But, it was the kick in the *** I needed to realize that life isn't always easy. I didn't call my mom until I needed her help. When I did talk to her, she wasn't angry anymore, and neither was I, and she let me come home and we all worked it out (boyfriends to boyfriends and mom to daughter) and we figured out how to live together civily. It was not "happily" but I did learn my place and everyone figured their own stuff out.

It is natural, as a parent, to worry and want to protect your children. But, sometimes children need to be taught a VERY hard lesson. Your daughter is still upset and hasn't even begun to learn her lesson yet. When she has to make it on her own, she'll figure out who really cares about her. Just make sure that when you do talk to her there is no finger pointing or blame placing. Keep the discussion open and honest and just let her know you'll always love her.

In meantime, just pray for her. She'll be fine I'm sure. Let her come back to you when she's ready.

Hope this helped some.

~Metalchick

All in good time dude, how's the wife? Stay strong and dont give in. When you collapse and give into her she gets the power and she will control you and make it worse by staying away more. I went 5 months without talking to my parents, they didnt even get message to me that I had a very special family member die in that 5 months. I missed the funeral. I still went back to them, it hurt but it was a life lesson that I had to learn. My father didnt speak to HIS father for 15 years! But still things worked itself out and they started talking again. That was when I met my grandfather and I knew him for 2 months before he died. It's like he waited for him to come back :'( I gotta go now. Sorry for gettin all emotional.

iam 23, by no means am i all grown up or w/e, but when my parents & me had our last little battle, i was a bit harsh, i left, never to return for over 2 yrs, and then, i still didnt want nothing from them, infact i had a son soon after, didnt tell them for almost a year, and then denied them from seeing my son, its been 3 yrs since i've seen any of my family. the last 5 yrs i've seen my mother once and walked out on all of them, so i guess what iam gettin at is, maybe it isnt such a bad thing if ya at least found out if she was alive, hows shes doing, and to let her know you care, children seem to think that just because you dont voice there love for them, that it isnt there.

edit, i still do not forgive them or will i, they took my life from me, i'll never forgive anyone for that. ever.

Dc

Hey Rasta, your home is your castle. It's the only place in the world that you can say is YOURS and the rules are YOURS.

When you speak with your daughter, tell her you love her and if she needs you, to come home. BUT, also tell her that the rules to YOUR home are YOUR rules to set and those who live in YOUR home will obey YOUR rules.

If that isn't what she wants, she'll figure out another way.

Life is a huge set of rules. Some, you can cheat on, some you can't.

In your own home, you should be able to live as you like.

Tell her that when you come to vistit her in HER home, if the rule is to sit with only one shoe on, then you'll take off your shoe because you'll respect HER rules in HER home.

Good luck to you man. I hope your youngin learns from this. There is no such thing as "The easy life".

My brother is 9 yrs older then me. He moved out when he was 17. He wasn't close to my parents at all during this time. But he'd always start making contact again around the holidays. I think he wanted to make sure we remembered him with xmas gifts....

I hope you hear something soon. ((((hugs))))

Deep in your heart you will find the answer that is right for you and your family. But I would like to share something with you about my family.

6 Years ago my dad and I got in a big fight. It was about several things, some my fault (mostly my fault) and a couple things were his fault (at least in my eyes at the time).
Then one day I did something that to this day I am ashamed of. I don't want to say what it was, but I will say 1) it wasn't directly aimed at him, but it did catch him in the crossfire, and 2) It made him ashamed of me for the first time. Well I was to chicken to face him and thought that one day it would all blow over.

2 months later he was killed when he stopped to help a motorist on the highway and was crossing the road when he was hit by a drunk driver.

I hadn't spoken to him in 6 months. I can never tell him how truly sorry I am for what I did. I will never get to show him how I turned my life around. How I finally became a man.

To this day it is the one thing I truly regret. That I never put aside family squabbles, never got the courage to come back and apologize.

Sorry to go on and on. Thanks for letting me put this down.

Hope you find that peace and harmony we all look for.

When your daugther gets labeled as a mooch/freeloader/sponge
and have to earn wages to buy a Soda.

She'll come around.

Remember to be strong and firm... with love..

Latest posts

Back