Ak48

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
I know seedling pictures are boring ... it's just to prove the germination date. ;)

AK48.jpg

maineharvest

Reaction score
Off to a good start. That is one of my favorite strains for sure. I hope you have odor control.

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Reaction score
maineharvest said:
Off to a good start. That is one of my favorite strains for sure. I hope you have odor control.
:yeahthat: I had to duct tape all the vents, run double carbon filtration, and still had a "musk" in the house! Great smoke though, nice tight nugs! You'll be satisfied for sure!

maineharvest

Reaction score
When I grew the AK48 I was living on the second floor in a 6 unit apartment building which was a HUGE mistake. The smell would slap you in face as soon as you stepped foot into the building. I pulled it off but I was really sweating on the last four weeks of flower.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
OMG. Open Greenhouse . . . not to mention the UK Cheese

SensiStarFan

Reaction score
The first time I ever saw an indoor grow it was in college and my buddy was growing AK47 in a secret basement room. He had ONE 400 watt HPS, no ventilation, a 120 sqaure foot area with 20 plants, and he had his light 4 feet above the plants while in flower (no ventialtion=lots of heat). After harvest we sat around for a week wondering why the smoke SUCKED so bad! LOL!

ahhhhhhhh, fond memories of ignorance before education :)

-SSF-

BBFan

Days of Wine and....Roses
Reaction score
leafminer said:
I know seedling pictures are boring ... it's just to prove the germination date. ;)
Hey Leaf! How you been doing down there in the war zone?

You're right, boring pictures. :D You doing something with the cmh this round or doing them in the greenhouse?

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
Hi there BBFan. All greenhouse these days. The grow room gets too hot most of the year and even in winter I can grow straight from 12-12 and get a worthwhile yield. Here's the latest AK48 pics!

AK48-2.jpg

AK48-3.jpg

AK48-4.jpg

AK48-5.jpg

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
This strain gets a bit stalky, doesn't it! I even had to support one of the seedlings.

Gixxerman420

Reaction score
maineharvest said:
When I grew the AK48 I was living on the second floor in a 6 unit apartment building which was a HUGE mistake. The smell would slap you in face as soon as you stepped foot into the building. I pulled it off but I was really sweating on the last four weeks of flower.
Me too! Were you on the right side or left? Weird!

Gixxerman420

Reaction score
leafminer said:
This strain gets a bit stalky, doesn't it! I even had to support one of the seedlings.
Move your lights closer, this is stretch from insufficient lighting... Make sure and put a fan oscillating across them, will build those stalks stronger by the hour!:hubba:Might also be attributed to 12/12 from seed, this type of stress often times will cause hermaphroditism! Be careful bro!

BBFan

Days of Wine and....Roses
Reaction score
Yeah leafminer- get those a little closer to the light :rofl: :rofl:

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
Gixxerman, if I get them closer to the light my wings will melt and I'll fall to earth! :D
It's a greenhouse grow. I'm at 13 hours of daylight this time of year. Lots of sun though.

AK48-1.jpg

AK48_4.jpg

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
Latest pictures. I have identified two males out of the five plants. The other three haven't shown yet.
I'll rip one of the males up because I only need one to pollinate. Huh . . . maybe I'll try an experiment, make an AK48 x Black Domina.

AK48group.jpg

maineharvest

Reaction score
Looks good Miner! Im excited to get some plants outside.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
So far:
Germinated 5, two males showed after 3 weeks. Threw one male away.
Of the other three, one is showing female preflowers, the other two are growing like small indicas. Now more than 4 weeks and no sign of preflowers despite being under a 13.5 hour day :confused2:

Notice the fem preflowers on the male . . . best picture I could get. What do you think?

auto1.jpg

auto2.jpg

auto3.jpg

hermie.jpg

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
Well, how disappointing.
It is hard to tell, but I have the impression that the big bushy indica type is male, as is the other larger plant, and that neither look remotely like autos.
One auto male, (not pictured) a scrawny thing that hardly drops pollen.
One "auto" haha fem. Waste of a pot.
Two 'others'
See for yourself. . .
L to R:
probably male, non auto, and a more-or-less auto useless fem.
the pic on the right - probably male - does this look like an auto to you?:eek:

autos1.jpg

autos2.jpg

bho_expertz

Aloha from ****
Reaction score
Grow from seed can be so sad sometimes ... best luck next time ;)

Latest posts