Am I close to flower yet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am an organic dirt farmer, i use worm castings as a top dressing or in a tea, at much lesser amounts during flower, they are a good thing for Nitrogen. Fish emulsion, lots of great stuff to add for flowering.
You could even use fish emoltion as a misting your plants to I have done that lots of times

I added worm castings when I first planted. Should I add more to top? Thank you

I added worm castings when I first planted. Should I add more to top? Thank you
No I wouldn't
Instead try foliage feeding her with what RoseBud said earlier with using fisk emulsions by misting her with it because you already have fed her in her soil so the next best thing to do is giving it to her in her leaves

Last edited:
Yes, you can top dress with worm castings. we still have six weeks or so here to finish, i would put a couple of inches on and then it will slowly feed.

I wouldn't use Jack's 20-20-20. I always recommend nutrients formulated for cannabis if using commercial nutrients. They generally have 2 or 3 part nutrients that are used in different proportions depending on where you are in the growing phase. During veg, you will give them more N to support the vigorous growth. As you get into flowering, you will transition to where your plant is getting more P and less N. Too much N can retard flowering. This need for differing amounts of the 3 basic elements (N-P-K) depending on the growth cycle is the reason that using something like Jack's 20-20-20 is not the best nute regime. Often times I find I need to supplement with Cal-Mag during flowering. You should expect your plant to start yellowing some as you get to the end of the flowering phase. This is not only normal, but it is okay. This is the plant using up the last of the N.

I do not grow autos, but I would think that feeding would be similar to photoperiod plants. I use veg nutes until they start flowering and then switch to flowering nutes.

Squish, although the roots are responsible for nutrient uptake, plants can absorb some nutrients through the leaves. People often foliar fed into flowering.

Rosebud, will top feeding with worm castings be effective if she is using chemical nutrients and doesn't have a good microbe herd going?

This is a great post for me to bookmark (and post in incase I forget to). I'm worried at day 140+ and they look similar I guess I could say just difference lineage. Makes me feel better that sometimes patience is neeeded when you dont have all the tricks, techniques, toys, tools and Agent Green to know it all and thus you start to worry about turning into males after its passed its "average flowering time"

Help!! Leaves turning yellow started 1/8 dose bloom nutes every other feed auto ak
upload_2019-9-13_19-58-32.jpeg

Why are you only giving 1/8 dose nutrients? What brand/kind of bloom nutrients is she getting? I am thinking the yellowing is probably because she is hungry. You most likely have a month or more to go until it is finished, so I think that slowly upping the nutrients would help.

Your plant on the left. My plant on the right.
View attachment 254456
What you see on the right is the color your plants should be looking like after giving them some nitrogen and some phosphorus nutrients during the veg stages, this you are lacking in your plant right now!.

With me on my plants Including into my flowering but I hold back a little more on the nitrogen during the flowing stages but they never turn yellow!.

My dad's Vietnam war strain from the 60's that he left me seeds of in his will after 9/11 they are called the mojoe flower power dreamer plant from the 60's below, you can see the difference in what I am saying to you here. You also have to know exactly how much phosphorus to giving them without your buds tasting like it to so its an art by itself but you'll learn and getting the hang of it over time!.
View attachment 254457

CK;)

Your plant on the left. My plant on the right.
View attachment 254456
What you see on the right is the color your plants should be looking like after giving them some nitrogen and some phosphorus nutrients during the veg stages, this you are lacking in your plant right now!.

With me on my plants Including into my flowering but I hold back a little more on the nitrogen during the flowing stages but they never turn yellow!.

My dad's Vietnam war strain from the 60's that he left me seeds of in his will after 9/11 they are called the mojoe flower power dreamer plant from the 60's below, you can see the difference in what I am saying to you here. You also have to know exactly how much phosphorus to giving them without your buds tasting like it to so its an art by itself but you'll learn and getting the hang of it over time!.
View attachment 254457

CK;)
CK, how did you get those old seeds to germ? I’ve tried everything with some 20+ year old seeds and can’t get them to sprout.
Thanks

Why are you only giving 1/8 dose nutrients? What brand/kind of bloom nutrients is she getting? I am thinking the yellowing is probably because she is hungry. You most likely have a month or more to go until it is finished, so I think that slowly upping the nutrients would help.
That’s the advice given to me on last forum. Can you please tell me how much I should give. Using black magic bloom

Generally speaking, it is a good idea to follow the directions of the nutrients you are using. While people start out with a lower dose for young tender plants, the dosage should slowly increase until you are at maximum dosage or you see nute burn. If you see nute burn, just back off the nutes a little bit.

Nute burn will typically start showing a brown leaf tip, and then just back off on the nutes...I’ve never had nute burn, maybe that’s why my plants are all scrawny little things...I promise to try harder...

Latest posts

Back