Am I missing something/ CFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't do a flush so much as go to just water 7-10 days out...I like to see some fade. Jmo

And I agree that those buds still got a ways to go.....they shld fatten up some for you in the next cpl weeks.

From the looks of those narrow leaves, it appears that it a sativa leaning strain. I am guessing that 8 weeks is not going to be long enough. Don't rush the harvest. I am guessing this could take 10 weeks to finish--you really have a ways to go, IMO.

I wouldn't flush. There is no reason....and you have way more than 7-10 days to go on these.

I figured that it was a hybrid, but with those skinny leaves, it is most likely way more sativa than indica, requiring a longer flowering time.

Ah well 2 more weeks for harvest is too bad, but oh well- this started in june, might as well wait. They'll just get better

T

Just keep checking the rtichs and take her when she is ready. It really will be worth they wait. They look great!

The Hemp Goddess said:
I am guessing that 8 weeks is not going to be long enough. Don't rush the harvest. I am guessing this could take 10 weeks to finish--you really have a ways to go, IMO.

I wouldn't flush. There is no reason....and you have way more than 7-10 days to go on these.

I agree , no need to flush anytime soon. Your girls look really healthy and pickin them anytime soon would be a waste of good fruit.

As THG suggests , they are sativa dominant , so they will most likely go to at least 10 weeks , my own opinion is you have another 5 to 6 weeks to reach full maturity. (and if the environment is right they will be huge)

soil :icon_smile:

Tom O'Bedlam said:
(Groan) 10 weeks...ugh...must be patient:D

Yes....it was and is the toughest part of growing for me...it seems to be always hurry up and wait...:)

Almost there..the seed guide says 8 weeks for flowering, this is 7 weeks 3 days. The quality control samples I've tried are nice. Properly dried and cured buds should be even better.

On another note- does anyone know if using UNDRIED bud trim for either hash or cannabutter is ok, or do you need to dry it first? I read somewhere about freezing bud trim and then using it for bubble hash.

PA010802.JPG

PA010809.JPG

PA010803.JPG

You heard correctly about freezing the trim to use to make bubble hash. I di some a couple grows back and it worked out really well. What you do is trim off and discard the lower and bigger leaves that don't show and "frost". And save all the sugar leaves and any fan leaves that show frost on them. I use the 1gal freezer bags and stuff them while the leaf is green. Don't cram them full but full and then get a drinking straw and suck out as much air as possible. Then just stick them in the freezer.

Wait until you get like 10 bags of leaf before making your bubble hash as it takes a lot of leaf to make a small amount of hash. Have a look at the hash thread. There is an ideal thread from "Subcool" on making bubble hash. He also has videos on youtube on making hash as well.

It takes a lot of saving leaf and quite a bit of effort to make it, but it is well worth it if you have a plant that really makes a lot of frosty leaves around the buds.

You can dry your leaf some before making hash but that is a different (older) method from the bubble hash.

Thanks. I've got some outdoor plants that I may use entirely for hash along with the trim from the indoor plants. Does cannabutter require dried material?

I may be wrong on this but I think cannabutter is more a matter of screening than drying the leaf. I use the bubble bags that I got online for a 5gal bucket. There are different micron screen bags that you use for screening the material. I can't remember the sizes at the moment but when you get to the smallest 3 screens, you really start getting into some nice butter hash (depending on the strain of plant you are using.

Tom O'Bedlam said:
Almost there..the seed guide says 8 weeks for flowering, this is 7 weeks 3 days. The quality control samples I've tried are nice. Properly dried and cured buds should be even better.

The seed guide is wrong on the ones you are showing us. Those are healthy and have at least 10 weeks in them , if not 12.

They have a LOT of filling in to do and a LOT more sugar to produce , so in my opinion , you will have almost wasted a whole grow if you pick/kill those at 8 weeks. It will be worth the wait , an as good as it looks now, it will be at least double the strength in a couple more weeks.

Hash question/info :
my belief is that you want to dry the trash a lil so that the sugar separates from the leaf easier...... an then freeze it so they just basically fall off.

the hardest part of schwag bag hash is separating all the crystals from the plant. I use a drill for at least 30 min. strait , so i would guess that its a lot easier to do if the sh*t is dry and frozen.

I do it the "generic" an easy way , so if i have a quarter pound of dry trash , then its worth it to me. (i'll get 7 to 14 grams of decent hash from that)

soil :icon_smile:

Soil is right....I wldnt take those yet. The flower times breeders suggest are just rough estimates and they always seem to go longer. The trichomes will tell the true story.

Latest posts

Back