An Apology

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik Peace

down by law
Reaction score
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for "harshing" everyone's "mellow" with my statements about privacy and Google. This is not a retractment, i still stand by everything i've reported. I've recently been informed that my posts are too political and being banned is on the horizon. I understand that this forum has rules about content and perhaps, yes, i did push the boundaries a bit. But please understand that my intentions were pure. I've learned alot from you kind folks over the last several months, but I felt that the issue of online privacy wasn't being really addressed (with the noteable exception of Mergeleft.) I became a member to try to shed more light on this issue because I personally felt (and feel) that online privacy is just as valid a topic as carbon filters to cut smell or grow cabinets to avoid detection. Since growing cannabis is illegal for the vast majority of us, open discussion about the ways they can get to us and ways to avoid them getting to us would be just as educational as the rest of this brilliant site. Buuuuut this is not my site. The rules that I'm throwing myself against are the very rules that keep this site as good as it is and I'm not here to make Stoney's blood pressure go up any higher. :)
I just wanted to help. Sorry. Let's smoke a bowl.

man dude i dont really see that
ya did anything wrong that thread
was trippy i thought i was baked
that day so i could be wrong haha

take care

peace.

Thanks Nik, the politics thing is something that's evolved here. We used to allow the political threads to go on, but they always turned nasty. Someone would get bent and the feathers would start flying.

If it directly concerns MJ, then it's cool. If it's a political view point like something about a country you don't like, then alt.politics.thatcounty
is the way to go. Man, I don't know if you ever used alt.politics.usa
but you better have your Kevlar on if you post in that one.

Good luck to you man. There are no hard feelings. It's a matter of getting used to the place.

AHHHHhhhh, The smartest words anyone can ever speak, "Let's smoke".

Nik Peace said:
...online privacy is just as valid a topic as carbon filters to cut smell or grow cabinets to avoid detection... Let's smoke a bowl....

Good way of putting it, Nik- you know I agree with you that there are potential risks to communicating online about growing mj. But people have strong opinions about anything that smacks of politics and the disputes :argue: that result not conducive to a friendly atmosphere.

I think (correct me mods if I'm wrong :eek: ) the rules allow giving a "heads-up" to members on risks of mj growing/use, but not going into debate about it.

In addition to the sites Stoney suggests to discuss the underlying issue, there are lots of sites people can go to to learn more about keeping your online life PRIVATE, like:

http://www.eff.org/Privacy/eff_privacy_top_12.html

And if you want to keep up to date on internet & other privacy issues:

http://www.epic.org/

Latest posts

Back