another hermie!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy4105

The grass is greener...
Reaction score
my gals are in week 3 of flower,they are coming up to 5ft in height with abbundant branches and pre-flowers. Should get a decent yeild and potency, we`ll have to wait for a couple of clones, which are going streight into flower, after only around 1 week.
i`m doing that to sample the finnished product early.
as stated above i`ve found a 4ft hermie in my grow space. Although this gal "WAS" deffinately a female, no balls whatsoever.What does this mean? light leaks is my prime suspect, or the stress from the MG compost.
I`m a lil` reluctant to give it the chop, due to it being the monster.
what i`m doing at the moment is picking the pollen balls off, will this work?
if i keep a constant eye on them. if any do make there way through, onto the pistills, will "ONly" that branch be seed-bearing? i`ve heard yes and no.
little help required as soon as possible please.
cheers......:cool2: :D :cool2:

what kind of genetics do you have man????? If you are growing bagseed you were asking for it..If 1 of those nuts bust your whole plant will seed... pollen is microscopic and will get everywhere.
Anyways if you knwo it's light leaks then fix it now...if it's genetics then well get you soem proper genetics.

Yep, if those pollen sacks open your whole grow will be compromised.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
what kind of genetics do you have man????? If you are growing bagseed you were asking for it..If 1 of those nuts bust your whole plant will seed... pollen is microscopic and will get everywhere.
Anyways if you knwo it's light leaks then fix it now...if it's genetics then well get you soem proper genetics.
i`ve been using DR CHRONIC, haven`t you looked through my journal?
widdow skunk#1 and cosmic nights is what i am growing.
if i can get all the balls off, b4 they release their cargo and pollinate, then could that work? if i miss even one pollen sack, you`re saying that "all" the crop will be jeoperdised?
plan of action= flush:confused:.

its definitely the light leaking in the grow room i would fix that asap it also can be stress too but i would fix the light leak first. as for the hermie u could keep it but ur chancing pollinating the other plants cause no matter where u keep it the pollen will find its way to it by ur hands vents there is all kinds of ways for it to travel so if u keep it be very carefull. oh by the way i hope the clones u have are not from that plant cause there is a good chance that the clones will be hermies too good luck with the ladies bro peace

is it possible to pull the balls before pollination, makes sense but all it takes is one missed ball of that crap, and it`ll release it`s pollen. But, even if i do miss a couple of em, they`ll only pollinate that branch.....is that true, or will a couple of missed pollen balls release over the entire plant?
has anyone done this with a hermie before? i got that info from someone on this forum, can`t remember his handle, but he says it could be done, theoreticly.
i`ve moved my "he-chick", and my others to a new, completely dark area. so with that issue sorted i began flushing them. now that`s done, how long before i should add any nutes, and as this soil is MG-MCC, i can`t be sure that the flush has removed all the fert in this soil. i used loads of castings with my original soil mix. will that be now "drained" of it`s organic niceities?
and no, i took four clones only, and they were from later I.D males.
my new crop started around 3 weeks ago. i`ll post pics tomorrow on G.I.G section, and my grow journal. peace man---l8rs.
:tokie: :chillpill: :smoke1: :stoned:

shuggy4105 said:
is it possible to pull the balls before pollination, makes sense but all it takes is one missed ball of that crap, and it`ll release it`s pollen. But, even if i do miss a couple of em, they`ll only pollinate that branch.....is that true, or will a couple of missed pollen balls release over the entire plant?
has anyone done this with a hermie before? i got that info from someone on this forum, can`t remember his handle, but he says it could be done, theoreticly.

Hi man, I am polinating a hermie right now and I can tell you that because of the vents,when the sacs open, the polen spreads to the whole plant and CAN polinate the whole plant. I want that for seeds but cutting sacs is not the greatest idea, maybe growing the hermie somewhere else distant from the females might be good for seed production Plus some weak but tasty hash from the leaves and even a little different smoke from the non polinated hairs.

a hermie for seed will have a hermie trate that comes along with it.
Stoney told me that the only seed worth planting, are the ones which are taken from a branch with no pollen ever on it.

do you keep the lights on in your room where the closet is located? I put duct tape on the sides of my closet door to block light through the cracks and then put some pants at the bottom of the door to make sure. Then I close the blinds to my room and my room is basically in a blackout, helping no light enter the closet to begin with. This works for me because I work from 3:30 in the afternoon to 12 at night so I dunno if this kind system would work for you...

My curtains over my blinds are black so that helps even more!

i`ve moved my ladies to the hallway in my home, total darkness.
i don`t grow in a closet, to hard to maintain the temps in that sort of confined space "IMO". my grow is set up in my living room dude, and the temps are cool.
my hallway has no windows, so when i go to dark hours(12/12) i just move them in there, and give the hps a rest.
i`m going to try and pull all the pollen sacks, before they bust open. Worth a try, as it`s my largest and most densely packed gal of em all.

dam man sorry about the bi lol thats what im startin to call hermies bi lol good luck hope you dont get anymore bi's

Latest posts

Back