Anxiety and back pain etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jao33333

Reaction score
I have suffered do to Anxiety and also back and neck pain due to a Motorcycle accident some time ago. I have smoked MJ for some time on and off and has help but some strain dose not work well, so i am wondering what is the best strain to grow for my Anxiety, back pain etc.
Thanks JJ

im not too familiar wit the different strains and their exact effects on certain conditions but i'd like to know the same thing bout the anxiety part cuz i've smoked some where it helps my anxiety and then my nbext bag will get me all baled up nervous an paranoid always freakin type stuff. some less extreme than others. but all u can really get round here is strait commercial. so its a "get wat u get " kinda thing when orderin some smoke up.

Thanks ZipFlip !! I feel ya on the Anxiety it sucks and controlls your life. As for my neck pain etc, is due to a C-5 injury and nerve damage. I hope we can fine that strain. ps i like the good stuff but sick of the price so time to grow again:)

indica has always helped with the pain for...higher the % the better. Kush is good too but so many people call so many strains " Kush " it would probably be a better chance of gettin true Indo, IMO
as for anxiety i dont have much of that so not sure.

i'm thinkin maybe a nice sativa harvested say mostly cloudy trichomes. say like 30-40%clear and 60-70% cloudy. a nice head high but yet energetic and functional.
i mean, i've notice the more the stoney couchlock type buzz i get from a certain strain i smoke, that the more anxiety i have. and when i get a bag of some really light green buds i'm fine. its that dark green bud that makes me all wacked and thinkin weird crazy **** and paranoia etc.. JMO and from wat i've noticed watchin and takin mental pictures and notes on the buds i've smoked over the years. but the darker green almost dam near brown green in color usually locks me in a chair or puts me to sleep just aftre i start to weird out and turn tv down lights down or off. lockin doors etc.. im like a tweeker when i smoke that dark green bud lol.
any feedback on this personal observation anyone?

i also have back and neck issues.its pure heck.i like the sativas personally.it relaxes me enough to rest.i feel ya man.i'm scheduled for a mri next week.good luck

zipflip said:
i'm thinkin maybe a nice sativa harvested say mostly cloudy trichomes. say like 30-40%clear and 60-70% cloudy. a nice head high but yet energetic and functional.
i mean, i've notice the more the stoney couchlock type buzz i get from a certain strain i smoke, that the more anxiety i have. and when i get a bag of some really light green buds i'm fine. its that dark green bud that makes me all wacked and thinkin weird crazy **** and paranoia etc.. JMO and from wat i've noticed watchin and takin mental pictures and notes on the buds i've smoked over the years. but the darker green almost dam near brown green in color usually locks me in a chair or puts me to sleep just aftre i start to weird out and turn tv down lights down or off. lockin doors etc.. im like a tweeker when i smoke that dark green bud lol.
any feedback on this personal observation anyone?
I have the same thing happen if the bud is to strong , my anxiety sky rocketts and my pain is intensifies I due also like a more lasting up liftting high . I hope there is a strain such as "Lyfr " suggested the kush.

Thanks HippyInEngland, A good read, I have been aware of certain strains that will induce my Anxiety further, I have been studying the different strain to find one that helps when i and having a Anxiety Attack, I used to take pharms, but did not like the side effects so i stopped after taking it for a year. I have lernt to understand what is happening to me when i have an attack. I have found that certain strain help to balance me out when i am knowingly going to have an attack. Thanks Take care JJ

jao33333 said:
Thanks HippyInEngland, A good read, I have been aware of certain strains that will induce my Anxiety further, I have been studying the different strain to find one that helps when i and having a Anxiety Attack, I used to take pharms, but did not like the side effects so i stopped after taking it for a year. I have lernt to understand what is happening to me when i have an attack. I have found that certain strain help to balance me out when i am knowingly going to have an attack. Thanks Take care JJ

dually noted Jao33333...i take pharm's too on occassion when smokin isnt an option. but like u said, the side effects... they almost are like a pandoras bopx for one problem after another. (anxiety medications)
i'm prescribed xanax myself.
my dr actually called couple weeks ago and asked why my refills are so spaced apart, as i dont take them as much as he assumed i would. they're as needed but a whole fill will last me 2 months or better. he asked if i still nedded them even. i just told him straight up that i smoke MJ medicinally as well and it helps most the time wit sleepin and nervousness and sometimes panic attacks.
anxiety is a real ***** if ur overtaken by it, ur right on that.
its like everythin in ur life is altered by ur anxiety, i mean EVERYTHING it sucks.
but hope u find out what works best. if ya ever find that perfect strain that coo's ur anxiety and panic attacks etc.. PLEASE let me know man.
thanks and take care.

ps are u a cigarette smoker too? (if u dont mind me askin) me i get so wound up some days and literaly wil smoke down like 3 packs in a day easy as pie. i pay for it in mornin tho lol
i'm in process of quitting now but its hell having anxiety and no real stash to smoke on lately. just wit frenz or wat i can get is all.
so my anxiety is also killin me in more ways than one

I got the same problem as you zipflip, same meds, and most days I find myself smoking a ton ciggs

zipflip said:
dually noted Jao33333...i take pharm's too on occassion when smokin isnt an option. but like u said, the side effects... they almost are like a pandoras bopx for one problem after another. (anxiety medications)
i'm prescribed xanax myself.
my dr actually called couple weeks ago and asked why my refills are so spaced apart, as i dont take them as much as he assumed i would. they're as needed but a whole fill will last me 2 months or better. he asked if i still nedded them even. i just told him straight up that i smoke MJ medicinally as well and it helps most the time wit sleepin and nervousness and sometimes panic attacks.
anxiety is a real ***** if ur overtaken by it, ur right on that.
its like everythin in ur life is altered by ur anxiety, i mean EVERYTHING it sucks.
but hope u find out what works best. if ya ever find that perfect strain that coo's ur anxiety and panic attacks etc.. PLEASE let me know man.
thanks and take care.

ps are u a cigarette smoker too? (if u dont mind me askin) me i get so wound up some days and literaly wil smoke down like 3 packs in a day easy as pie. i pay for it in mornin tho lol
i'm in process of quitting now but its hell having anxiety and no real stash to smoke on lately. just wit frenz or wat i can get is all.
so my anxiety is also killin me in more ways than one
Thanks again ZipFlip, For your one question to if i smoke cigarettes no i used to smoke i quit five years ago. I have found one strain" White Rhino" it appears to me a higher THC content and a more up lifting high helps better than lower content, Grant it you have to space how you may smoke but i feel from past experience smoke a higher THC conntent and uplifting high this may be a good strain I have some beans on the way.
Mr Nice Medicine Man
AKA WHITE RHINO
Genetics: Brazilian sativa / South Indian indica x Afghani
AKA: White Rhino
Variety: Mostly Indica
Type: f1 Hybrid
Harvest Date: October
Flowering Period: 8-9 Weeks
THC Content: High
No. of Seeds Per Packet: 15
Characteristics: High in THC

A proven medical marvel for those in need of high levels of the most active ingredient, THC. Almost toxic at times, so handle with care: don’t abuse the medicine-man. It has won many awards since its introduction as the white rhino in the late 90’s. An incredible strong genetic heritage stemming from a Brazilian sativa/South Indian hybrid combined with a prodigious-yield Afghani.
It is a member of the White Widow family and a proven champion for medicinal users. Those who prefer indoors can expect an incredibly resinous and compact Indica appearance from this plant. It has an expected flowering time of 56 to 60 days. Outdoor growers in the northern hemisphere can expect harvest around October and those in the southern hemisphere by May.

nOob grower said:
I got the same problem as you zipflip, same meds, and most days I find myself smoking a ton ciggs

and all my frenz think im losin my marbles an crazy as they say im only one they know who like the way i am. i just tell em no way man it just u dont know anyone suffering from anxiety either that or everyone has it controlled wit meds but are probably numb as **** to all reality. at least this way(smokin vs xanax) i aint all brain zombied like i get when i take the pills in order to be effective.
how many miligrams dosage wise u take of the xanax? i'm prescribed only .25mg's but that one flippin pill dont do ****. i told doc that too and he said just take them responsibly. he's been frend of family and fam dr for over 20 years so he's cool wit me. so i take 3 of them at a time when i do need them. i tried one tried 2 but 3 seems to be the magic number for me but my panic an nervousness etc all go away but i'm left half retarded feeling lol. so i rarely take them. plus i'm like an insomniac for some reason for next 2 days after i take the lil bastards. its sick how somethin that suppose to help u and is legal but cause so much more harm than a harmless friken plant.

gotta a few frenz who love pillz who always try to get me to give them some too lol. u should se them beg for em man. lol pillheads i found cannot really be trusted like IMO tweekers. nothin against them (each to their own) but i try stay clear them if incorporating them into any part of my day or life.

zipflip said:
and all my frenz think im losin my marbles an crazy as they say im only one they know who like the way i am. i just tell em no way man it just u dont know anyone suffering from anxiety either that or everyone has it controlled wit meds but are probably numb as **** to all reality. at least this way(smokin vs xanax) i aint all brain zombied like i get when i take the pills in order to be effective.
how many miligrams dosage wise u take of the xanax? i'm prescribed only .25mg's but that one flippin pill dont do ****. i told doc that too and he said just take them responsibly. he's been frend of family and fam dr for over 20 years so he's cool wit me. so i take 3 of them at a time when i do need them. i tried one tried 2 but 3 seems to be the magic number for me but my panic an nervousness etc all go away but i'm left half retarded feeling lol. so i rarely take them. plus i'm like an insomniac for some reason for next 2 days after i take the lil bastards. its sick how somethin that suppose to help u and is legal but cause so much more harm than a harmless friken plant.

gotta a few frenz who love pillz who always try to get me to give them some too lol. u should se them beg for em man. lol pillheads i found cannot really be trusted like IMO tweekers. nothin against them (each to their own) but i try stay clear them if incorporating them into any part of my day or life.

My buddy thinks I'm nuts for taking meds. He doesnt agree with anything that has to do with meds, everything is psychological to him. Ive been on Xanax for about a year now and started at 3mg a day. Since then I have been knocked down to 2mg a day, but I only take 1 mg a day now. I'd rather not take any, but if I dont I start going through withdraws. Im trying to knock myself down slowly because at this point I dont think I could just stop taking them completely without something possibley going wrong (ie. seizure or something I dont wanna happen)

Ive also been out of work for 6 months now so my anxiety level has been quite high. Always worrying how I'm going to pay my bills and sh*t like that. I have 0.5mg tablets but they dont get me whacked out of my mind. At first when I got them I would take like 6 and pass the f out. I havent done that in many months though. I just take 1mg at night before i go to bed which somewhat takes away the anxiety, but mainly takes away the withdarws and makes my head feel normal.

I also understand the insomniac thing too. i dont sleep well at all. I slept better when I smoked weed that I do with meds. Unfortunately I cant smoke anything yet because I want to know Im going to pass a drug test if one is presented to me for a job. Thats one thing I dont want to have to worry about. I dont wanna have to drink something to try and pass a piss test or hide someone elses piss somewhere on me.

trillions of atoms said:
l3 l4 and l5 damage here so i feel your pain!!!!!!!!! you find and exact strain and I will be amazed and following....

I find heavy indicas work for me!

on top of the anxiety i also have an l4 and l5 problem, they wanna give me cortisone shots in my back but im not too sure that I want a needle stuck in my back

zipflip said:
i'm like an insomniac for some reason for next 2 days after i take the lil bastards. its sick how somethin that suppose to help u and is legal but cause so much more harm than a harmless friken plant.

I couldnt have said it better myself.

i too have had all kinds of injections in my lower back,cortisone,epidurals,you name it i've ha it.after 11 lower back surgeries,i try anything to keep away from the knife again.but i know its cpming.getting to where i can not hardly walk again.constant pain.the sciatic,going down both legs.makes sleeping pure torture.mj helps me the best as i refuse to take narcotics again.been on everything on the market,even had a morphine pump,which worked well,but i had a reaction to the material the pump was made from.they had to remove it.so back to square 1 and all they want to do is write scrips for heavy narcotics,not again.i had hell getting off thos oxycontin.was taking 160mg's a day plus 50mg's of hydrocodone.

Sciatica is a b*tch. The last time I had a good sleep that lasted more than a couple hours straight was the last time I drank myself unconscious, I didnt wake up feeling to good though. One leg is bad enough I couldnt imagine it down both legs.

Latest posts

Back