any transplanting techniques?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EpicEndo

Reaction score
hello again everyone. i need help with ideas for transplanting from 4- inch pots to 3 gal. pots. i've always heard of using pea pellets and it being alot easier that way, but they were unavailable. so if anyone can help me out with a method that won't shock or damage the plant it would be appreciated!:D :D

Just put some of your medium in the 3 gallon and transplant it, should be fine. How old is the transplant, does it have a good root system? Some people use Superthrive after a transplant. I personally have never had a problem with transplants, whether it was MJ, veggies, or flowers. Just be gentle and once the transplant is done eep an eye on the plant. Oh and I forgot water them after not before the transplant...good luck, you'll be fine as long as the plant is ready to be transplanted (nice root system) trust me. Be gentle and the plant will love it's new home.

;)
snuggles said:
Just put some of your medium in the 3 gallon and transplant it, should be fine. quote]
sweet, so do i just pull the plant out of the small pot and place roots in new pot? or should i place the small pot in the big one and cut the small pot and slide it out, leaving first medium intact with root? either way i bet you're right snuggles, she'll be fine as long as the roots are strong- thanks!;)

What I do is put the medium in the 3 gallon container, sit the 4 inch in the 3 gal until it sits at the level you want. Then loosen the pot and soil by gently squeezing the 4 inch pot, turn upside down and it should slip out. Put into 3 gallon container and then fill with more medium and water. If the plant is really young and hasn't established it's root system yet wait to transplant.

hey snugs...just curious, do you loosen up the root ball at all before you put it in the new container?

Sometimes but not always. If it is a mass of root and real tight yes, just a little root no. With my other plants though, anything that is not MJ I loosen the rootball all the time.

I don't know if there is really anything wrong with loosening the rootball in theory but i noticed that most MJ growers don't encourage it...but some plants like it, it also allows the roots to loosen up and spread out. But I really don't think it's a big deal when growing indoors too much, pot to pot is different than pot to ground IMO. Just pop it in the new pot and it will be fine, not much surface area when compared to the ground if that makes sense.

Yeah..I never have either, but I could see it maybe being necessary if the plant has become badly rootbound...maybe freeing up a few roots just enough to let the new medium get between them. Good Luck, Epic....

Smoke on....

thanks yall, i was worried it damaged the plant to bother the roots too much, i learned that they are fragile, but strong. and the transplant worked perfect:)

Latest posts

Back