Anybody have advice for me (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black1269

Reaction score
Okay this is my first grow and my lighting is not that good but i plan to get more i have about 3800 lumins. Im using a peat moss and perlite mix. Small closet. I water every 4 days but think maybe cut it down to 3 its my first day of flowering. Umm i use 1/4 nuts 15/30/15 i think thats all i can tell you have a look. Oh ya this first pic i tryed to train her. and the second i took some bad advice and trimmed he too much you will see. All advice welcome!
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=100476&stc=1&d=1234676987
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=100477&stc=1&d=1234677114
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=100478&stc=1&d=1234677114
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=100479&stc=1&d=1234677114
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=100480&stc=1&d=1234677197
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=100481&stc=1&d=1234677197
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=100482&stc=1&d=1234677197

black1269.jpg

black1269 2.jpg

black1269 3.jpg

black 1269 4.jpg

black1269 5.jpg

black1269 6.jpg

black1269 7.jpg

:ciao: my friend..they do look like they have stretched a bit..other then that they look real good..GREEN MOJO your way:bolt::bong:

i should be clear pic 1 is plant#1 pic2 #2 pics3,4 #3 pics5,6 and seven #4 four girls

They look ok and they will make it thru. You should be careful when using the nutes and only use 1/4 of what it says to use starting off. They look good to me. :D

hmm... a lil stretch, from lack of light.

clearly some nute burn, tone it down a bit on the next feeding, use some fresh water in your medium with no nutes for at least a week, of course this is what im recommending based on what im seeing, they look overall a bit stretched, but healthy none the less.

I learned with a 1000w mh to veg with, so i didnt have any stretching my first grow, and be careful with the nutes. Thats a very light medium, not really capable of retaining much water for very long, may i suggest you pay attention to the weight of the pot after you water, then again when its light, that way you can dial in your watering times so the plants roots get plenty of air, yet maintain enough moisture to accommodate growth.

Peat moss and perlite is totally unsuitable for cannabis I'm afraid.

Do you know the acidity of this peat moss and is this pure peat moss mixed by you or a compost with peat and perlite in it?

I'd be thinking of repotting if you made this mix up yourself and also,you shouldnt be feeding so early in but your growing medium is your main problem.

Well, I don't know a thing about peatmoss and such. I just see what looks like over fert and the stretch. You can solve the stretching by putting your lights closer. But they look nice. And they should bring you much bud.
Just be patient.

clearly some nute burn, tone it down a bit on the next feeding, use some fresh water in your medium with no nutes for at least a week

After that I would weaken my nute solution a bit and resume feeding. Then bump it up a bit every week until your full strength. You start seeing that yellowing like in the last picture of yours, you flush (clean water) and back down the nute strenght again. Unless you know your strain and what it likes you really just have to play with it to dail in what it likes and how much it can take and at what stages.

Rockster said:
Peat moss and perlite is totally unsuitable for cannabis I'm afraid.

Do you know the acidity of this peat moss and is this pure peat moss mixed by you or a compost with peat and perlite in it?

I'd be thinking of repotting if you made this mix up yourself and also,you shouldnt be feeding so early in but your growing medium is your main problem.

Quite correct :)

SPECIFICATIONS
  1. Sphagnum Peat Moss
  2. PH 3.5 - 3.9
  3. Ash Less Than 2%
  4. Waterholding capacity 20 times its own weight dry base.
    [*]Degree of Decomposition H 2-3 on the Von Post Scale.
    [*]Exchange Capacity 120me/100g
    [*]Volume Weight Relation 100g/L dry base.
    [*]Moisture Content when Packaged 40%+-10%

I'm afraid you won't see much bud from those if you don't get light quick. Also, your stems seem thin, do you have a fan on those girls? I don't think they'd be able to support much bud weight.
Like Rockster said- transplant now! Get more light, slow down on the nutes. I'd also look for something with a little less nitrogen.
Good luck to you.

Okay guys thanks the peat moss is just peat moss and i added perlite myself but i will transplant wut do you guys recomend i use bare in mind i live in a smaller northern town we have like wal mart and can tire not lots to choose from but thats where i have been going for all my stuf and i will get more light is there anything else i should do (obviosly a cheap grow but i dont want garbage!)

Oh ya i have a fan it doesnt blow right on the plants but its a pretty decant one

I have no idea what Wal mart sells as I dont live in your part of the world :)

You want a non nutrient added potting soil.

I will let the others who know what they sell suggest something.

:peace:

I got Peat moss because it said it held water well should i get something that drains better they have been in peat moss for about 3 or 4 weeks now

It all boils down to one thing..LUMENS,,the more the better,,as long as you use the right K. 6500K for Vegg and 2700 to 3000K for Flower. But,,ya need lots of Lumens to produce lots of Bud.;)

Im sure i have more then 3000 my one light should be 3000 and not sure about my tube but its for the lower half of the plants

Black1269 said:
Oh ya i have a fan it doesnt blow right on the plants but its a pretty decant one

You should have had the fan blowing on them when they were little. Your stems look thin and will need to be supported once the swell sets in during late flower. Other then that they still look green so you are doing better then others I have seen here on their second grow.

Black1269 said:
Im sure i have more then 3000 my one light should be 3000 and not sure about my tube but its for the lower half of the plants

You need 5000 lumens per square foot.

When Cowboy was talking about 6500 k for veg and 2700K-3000K for flower he is talking about the light spectrum, not the lumens.

your most likely not going to find any good soil at walmart this time of year. they mostly carry an abundance of miracle gro potting soil. try looking at a big box store like home depot, lowes, menards, or your local hardware. they usually carry a larger line of soils.

i used to get pro-mix at menards. i know they still carry it. it has mychorrizae in it. they also stock a product called 'flower booster'. it is a sea kelp based foliar spray.

i like this store, because, when i was doing soil, i could get basically all i needed there. soil, folier spray, hps, and mh bulbs (cheap too), and perlite.

one thing we found at walmart, that was useful, was worm castings. really. blew my mind too.:cool: .

oh, and deffinately get a fan blowing on those tops...bb...

Ya we have no manards here i like canadian Tire or we have home hardware nothing really here can tire and wal mart have the biggest garden selection this town is growing but not much here

can you like name the light u just said its not good d you mean not goodlike u use a cfl or not good like u have a flashlight and some string lol jk
if ur using something like a cfl that doesnt get that hot get that baby RIGHT UP ON IT but get a fan to be safe from the little heat i keept my compac like 2 inchs from the plant because they did strech but i mean there green just get more light for next time bro or do what us lazy people do and go outside the sun is pretty cheap aha

Latest posts

Back