anyone here disabled or work from home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
I have an injury that I got a few years ago it has left me unable to do the type of work I know which requires physical activite I went from working all day to having to do the dishes in segments I set the water do few minutes got to rest and so on till I finish. my problem is I don't know what type of things a person in my condition can do for money, which is what I want to ask if any one has any suggestions that a person I my condition can do please list them I am going nuts not being able to provide myself with a better income then disability gives me oh I have a back injury and can not stand,walk for more then a few minutes can't lift much weight since that hurts me more I think of something online but don't know anything about online money making oppertunites or work for that matter. so can you all thik of tha I can look into . and thanks for your opinion

Well friend aint sure ifin yual stoke yur fire to states side but ifin yual growin yur pouch product fur self and yual gettin to good at it why not apply to do it fur others ifin yual can. Or make crafts and have sold to local markets be ways of life fur us when need. Hope this be helpin to idea pilgrem I will try to be thinkin to other ways to help ya keep yur sole lit ;)

BWD

those are Ideas I can give a try to I would just need to think of what an't so hard to put together and will others be intrested thanks for Idea Bwd.

You should check for funds set aside for if you want to farther your education along. You could possibly take classes at home for nothing that will help you out.
Im in my upper 50s and just received a degree last week.

Plenty of things and options for you though. We got a lady that does our taxes each year so we dont have to bother. And with word of mouth. Does like 200 peoples for a 100 a pop just for the extra income.

A old fellow that lives next to my home in SC builds crab pots and oyster thingys that gets oysters off their bed. Dont know what theyre called off hand. Hes not able to do much either. But he can sit under an old oak and build all day.

Then another neighbor down there. He had 3 or 4 bee hives just for kicks. And gave away all the honey it produced. I told him, "Man. You know how much honey sells for?" He had no clue. I told him about 10-12 bucks a quart jar at places. And he said, "Damn, I gave away about 70 gallons worth of honey." lol

And another old lady. She isnt really mobile but loves baking and cooking. And now any event happening around she sets up a stand and sells her goods. She makes her own killer sauces, hot sauces, dry rub mixes, BBQ, ribs, funnel cakes. She cashes out like mad. Never leaves a chair.
On that topic. I got friends at other forums like sports and car ones where a couple make their own hot sauce and BBQ sauce and will sell to members.
You are a MASTER GROWER after all ya know... Youre here. Gotta be.

Just try to think in as many areas as you can. What the needs are for an area, what youre good at and all else.

you could sell life insurance via the phone and internet.

I am in the same boat. I am on disability because of my PTSD (Pills To Swalow Daily) but I need to do some kind of work, so I do odd jobs that usually include painting/printing. I want to sell my glow in the dark paintings online but I haven't figured out black light photography.

those are all good ideas except the bees thats a heck no for me as for the education I got so streesed thinkng that I just plan forgot to look into bettering my education, that is what I will check into first.

ifin yual like countin and math maybe takes an accounting course and take on some clients work from home and settin to stump while yual doin it ;)

BWD

hi a very good income is selling laser toners, all u need is a local business directory to phone your potential customers, a online supplier of toner and a courier service they all have numbers so it is easy to find out what they need and supply them.here a toner cost +/-R1200,00 for a original hp u can buy from a supplier at R230,00 and sell for around R800,00 well under the market price and a good profit for u, and no hard labor and clean money is good money i have done toners for years and would gladly help with info if u need when u get better at the game u can refurb them your self for around R80 also not hard labor u can sit and do it it only takes a couple of house hold tools to do :D

aquila what is a laser toner a web address so I can so what they are would help

Toner is the "ink" that laser printers and copy machines use. A similar idea would be refilling inkjet cartridges and selling them on Amazon. I get like 90% of my HP-compatible 21 and 22 inkjet cartridges refurbished on Amazon and save like 10 bucks per cartridge.

selling stuff on amazon and ebay sound like a good Idea I would just need to find the products that I can market for someone or buy and market myself sounds possiable :)

Skip tracing is a good career to look in to if you like detective like work. You basically find and verify addresses and contact info for repo companies and collectors. I work in repossession and our skip tracers work from home. Just need computer and phone and some learned tricks along the way but I dec recommend looking in to it.

You could try dispatching for a trucking company, all you need is a phone and a computer.

I'm what you could call handicapped. I am of limited mobility and i work from a desk.

Maybe you could go into some sort of Sales?

7grenneyes I am courious does working from a desk require running a business

well I don't run (owner) the business I work for, so NO I don't believe so.

If you're a go getter you could start one I suppose....

I don't have the where to begin getting started for something like that although it does sound very intresting

Once you decide what you want to sell, you can open a small store on Yahoo/Amazon. The tobacco shop in NY from which I get my McClelland pipe tobacco sells through Yahoo. I order most of my printing paraphernalia and assorted electronics from stores on Amazon. I am thinking of opening a Yahoo store. I try to avoid PayPal like pneumonic plague because I got severely screwed by them. PayPal demands WTMI for an online pay processing service.

Latest posts

Back